new ipods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warpath90, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Warpath90

Warpath90 Shuddafugup Chip!

2. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

That new Nano looks pretty sweet, and I'd love to have movies on my Nano, but the screen on my Nano got a crack in it just from having it in the same pocket as my cell phone which doesn't have any sharp edges on it or anything, so I'm not sure a bigger screen is something I need.

3. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    so apple finally made a pda and it looks like the iphone? wow big deal like the new nano kinda but its pretty ugly. eh they will both sell millions and millions and thats all that matters

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

to summarize:

new shuffles- same size, same price, new colors
    new Nano- new Cover Flow style interface, shorter, thinner, wider, larger/brighter screen, same battery life, 4GB at $149 and 8GB at $199
    new iPod Classic- new name (Classic), brushed metal, thinner, new Cover Flow style interface, mind bogglingly huge sizes and battery life (80GB, 30 hours battery, $249 and 160GB(!), 40(!!) hours battery, $349)
    new iPod Touch- basically an iPhone, but shorter and slightly thinner. Wifi, web browser, literally everything but the phone. $299 for 8GB, $399 for 16GB
    iPhone: new ringtones (99 cents, plus you have to buy the song on iTunes first, so really $1.98), 4GB model discontinued, 8GB drops $200, all the way down to $399.

Thoughts...
    Shuffle rev is pointless. The old colors were fine.
    New interface on Nanos and Classic looks awesome. The old interface was great for its time but was getting long in the tooth. Awesome that they've finally retired the glossy, scratch prone iPod finish now that the Classic gets the brushed aluminum too.
    VERY surprised that the Classic remains in the format. I expected Shuffle, then Nano, then the Touch style. Pleasantly surprised though, because the Touch doesn't have enough space for what I want to carry around with me.
    The iPod Touch is a great looking product, everything people wanted, but was immediately rendered moot when they so dramatically dropped the iPhone price. You might as well get the phone instead. The Touch's moment in the spotlight lasted all of ten minutes before Steve pulled the wind out of its sales by making the iPhone the same price.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I may get a 8 GB nano for $200. Seems like a good deal to me.

6. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Shit, and I got a Nano not that long ago and now it's worthless?

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    The new iPod nano looks awesome. Can't wait till it comes out. :D 

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I have an ipod mini and a cingular 8525. I'm all set. The only thing I'm missing is video playback, which I really don't care about. I have a PSP that can take care of that as well.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The new Nano looks awe inspiringly good. Basically what the old iPod video was, just smaller. The Classic has a whopping capacity. And I like that they've moved to anodized aluminum instead of the plasticy scratchy surface of before. The new inferface looks slick.

And the iPod Touch is most of what I want, with crap capacity. Give me the low capacity available in the Classic with the touch features and I'd pay for it. I like having the browser built in and wifi networking. And there's no chance you'd ever get me to buy an iPhone, regardless of pricing structure. You're locked in to a provider that covers all of one square mile of South Dakota, so it'd be a pointless purchase for me. The Touch is nice, but not enough capacity.

If I upgrade this go-round, it'd be to the Classic. But I'll hold onto my current iPod Video until the touch type comes up in capacity. Knowing my luck, it never will. It'll just drop out of existence a few years down the line.

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wanted an iPhone but dident want a phone, so this is great for me =)

11. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait a second, will the new Ipods work with the New Takara Ipod Convoy?

I like that Ipod Touch, very much so, but nore really interested in an I-phone, so that may be right up my alley, at some point when I aint broke.

I have a shuffle but I like the new colors, but no need to upgrade anything unless it dies.

8 GB I-phone is $350 while 16 GB Ipod Touch is the same price, I would rather have the I-pod touch.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  12. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    The new Nano looks an awful lot like the Creative Zen V Plus, except Mac's squeezed more screen in and it's a little thinner depthwise. Better screen resolution; wonder how they do on the framerate. Worse indicated battery life.

(Guess what I bought last month. It's 8 gigs and came from singapore.)

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

A mail order bride that swalloed an expensive USB flash drive?

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh and forgot to add that I have been having bucketloads of broblems with my current iPod so this new wave is very welcomed.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

The "dock" that iPod Convoy uses has been universal through several generations of iPod. I wouldn't think they'd change that, and if they had, they'd probably make it part of the announcement. They'd make it subtle, like saying it's compatible with the new super-attachment 3D, only available for the new iPods. Then in little, itty-bitty, barely redable letters they'd say something about how it's not compatible with older accessories.

I just don't think they'll change the dock connector though. Too universal to change now.

16. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    You've been readin' my bank statements! :eek: 

17. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I so want that iPod Touch!!

18. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I still don't see why people love the iPods so much. There's a lot of other Mp3 players that are just as good, if not better.

19. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I might just have to get this, too.

That's double the amount I can store on my old nano.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Isn't that what happens with almost any apple product?