NEW iPod Nano - 8GB!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Sep 13, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    After having multiple MP3 players with no real way to integrate them into my truck's audio system, I switched to an iPod Nano as soon as they came out. Now, Apple's done it to me again. Another new iPod Nano with a better screen, longer battery life (up to 24 hours - WOW) and... drumroll please... 8GB of storage!

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Also, there are some new colors in the fray, such as pink, teal, silver, yucky green (as I call it), and black. The 8GB iPod Nano is only available in black, so it will match my Onyx Black DS Lite that arrives tomorrow.

I can't wait, and get it fully loaded. I might later upgrade to a Nano Video, if one should come out. I like the Nano due to its small size.

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am interested in the new 8gig Ipod but I'll wait for a year so I can get the used one for cheaper than the retail price. I got the 4gig Nano already so I don't really need a upgrade just yet.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Meh I'd rather have the 30 GB Ipod Video instead. While I would not use it for video, the thin depth of it rivals the depth of the nano and I personally think the nano is too small.

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I like the Nano's size. It is much better suited for a pocket, or even under a shirt on a lanyard. I've had the "larger" MP3 players a couple years ago when a 20GB player was as large as a Walkman. I didn't take that with me as much as my Nano, as it was too large and impractical. Plus, it wouldn't have integrated with my aftermarket deck in my Tundra as well as my iPod does.

I had been waiting for a LONG time for an MP3 player the size of the original Nano, and I love my original unit. But, I've had it for awhile and the 8GB iPod Nano is the perfect PDA for me. Once I get my 8GB Nano, I will be selling my old 4GB iPod Nano. For me, 30GB is too much space for a player, and screams to be filled. I have 20GBs of music right now, and I'm trying to slow down the rate at which I get new music.

5. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I also forget to mention, that Apple has also updated all of their iPods.

The "new" shuffle is smaller overall and lasts (battery life wise) even longer then before.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

As for the iPod (video), it is even thinner now and has a new 80GB player the same size as the "old" 60GB player. Unless you're ripping and "stealing" music, I just can't see how anyone could have that much music unless you have a CD collection that spans for ten plus years back.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipod.html

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Saving for an 80gig iPod... muuuust haaaave.

7. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Yeah... I thought of it too....

My dilemna is Wii, XBox 360, or LARGE capacity iPod.

Wow. Imagine all of the "naughty bits" one could put on an 80GB iPod. What's next, a 100GB iPod next Spring? Or maybe the rumored iPod with a touch screen with 640x480 display? ;-)

8. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Holy shit, I like that they merged the look of the nano with the look of the mini!

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yeah, all the new models that came out look pretty hot. Surprised by the games, and even more surprised at how many are preloaded. They could easily have sold Pac-man and Tetris separately, props to them for packing them in for free.

Saw a picture of Steve Jobs holding the new Shuffle. That thing is ludicrously small, like, postage stamp small. It reminded me of that SNL skit where Jobs kept introducing smaller and smaller iPods until you couldn't see them anymore.

But forget all that for a second...they also released iTunes 7, and it is AWESOME. The interface has been changed dramatically (and for the better), they've got new display options (including splitting tracks up alongside their album art and flipping through album art like a shelf), it does gapless playback and automatic download of missing album art, and even better it automatically applies both to your existing library. They also appear to have included the iPod updater within iTunes, which is a nice touch...that program was rather clunky on its own. Now when your iPod is connected it gets it's own tab with info on what version of the software you're running, update options, and a nice bar graph that displays how full the iPod is and what types of files it contains. On top of all that, I've been playing around with 7 for a while and everything runs faster and smoother. My iPod used to take 5 or 6 minutes to sync, now it does the same thing in 1-2 minutes.

This is the most substantial update to iTunes that I can recall, and I've been using it as my primary audio player since I think version 3.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'll stick with my iPOD 60gb with video...

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still debating which to get. I have about 550 CDs in my collection, and still listen to most of them. So, do I get a Nano, store a few favorite albums, and go on my merry way? Or do I go for the 60/ 80 GB, and store EVERYTHING? What do y'all think?

-Tony!

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

How much does the 8GB cost?

13. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find I really want a colour screen iPod, wither it's 30GB or 80GB
    I am tempted to pick on up while in America as it would be a hell of a lot cheaper :p 

According to the Apple Store website it's $249

14. Blackstar

Blackstar Aaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! TFW2005 Supporter

80 gig iPod?! It will be MINE!

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Make mine Creative!

www.creative.com

FM radio, voice recorder, more colors, oh and hey, no need to use iTunes. Have an old 5GB Zen Micro, love it to death. Want to get my 30GB Zen Vision. Just too many (MORE) cool features on Creative's brand.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Eh, I never cared much for the nano. It's too small IMO...I have over 3,000 songs on my 20GB iPod and the memory is only a little over halfway full. The video iPods look sweet though.

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I've been leaning towards the Creative one too. I've heard to many horror stories from friends about the itunes software wiping out your entire music collection.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have the creative Zen Vision M ...30gb video. I love it. Much easier to use! Got it on sale at circuit city for $250! Same price as the New ipod 8gb. Creative is better IMO. YOu are not strapped to one computer and not restricted to only on per computer like Ipod. Oh and it dosnt break as often as Ipods do. I had a 2gb Nano and it was a POS. froze all the time, mysteriously lost songs. Plus it was just too damn small.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Get it. You wont be disappointed, it is an awesome player!

20. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

To be fair, that sale price is also the same as the regular price of the 30 GB iPod. You make it seems as though it's so much better of a deal, when it fact it is not.

Also, Creative has had major problems with units breaking, at least as much as Apple if not moreso.

I have a 60 GB iPod and it has frozen exactly once in the 18 months I've owned it. Took the 30 seconds to reset the unit and all was fine. It has never lost a song. Sounds like you had a run of remarkable bad luck there.

If you prefer it, that's fine, I have no problem with that at all. Let's just make sure we're dealing in the facts when we discuss one being superior.