New iPad

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Wingsbr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    It's amazing. The retina display is beautiful…if you have an iPad 2 I recommend that you never ever ever look at the iPad 3 screen or you'll be missing a few more hundred dollars out of your pocket. :) 

One more thing, the LTE is freakishly fast....21mbps down and 17mbps up!

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've still got my original iPad and am happy with it. As far as tablets go, it does pretty much everything I need it to and does it well. That's the nice thing I find about Apple products; despite some people whining about planned obsolecense, I find that you can just buy one of their products and then not worry about the next set of releases because the steps between individual versions are usually not so huge that you can't do anything with the old version once the new version comes out.

The retina displays are very beautiful though I have to admit. I've been using the iphone 4 for a while now and I definitely appreciate the higher pixel density. All tablets are apparently going to be going towards this new resolution over the next year or so, but I think Apple is the first to do it again.

Overall, I'd say if you've got an ipad (or another tablet you really like) then stick with that unless there's something specific that you really have to have with the new release. However, if you've got any interest in a table and you haven't gotten one yet, you really can't go wrong with the new ipad, if for no reason other than the app store and it's diversity.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Screen is beautiful, and it's faster, but I'll be waiting for a Windows 8 tablet. They need an Office suite for the iPad. Pages and the like do not cut it.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you seen how amazing Mass effect and Infinity blade 2 look on it?

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Infinity Blade is damn sexy on the screen.

6. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Yep...the colors and textures just reak of awesome.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know I was checking out the new iPad yesterday and did not really see much reason to upgrade. The new display is nice but not nice enough to make me abandon the iPad 2 yet.

8. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I'm also waiting for Windows 8 tablet.

9. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I was going to hold out on the New Ipad but I was offered $550 for my Ipad 2 so $50 to upgrade to Retina was soooo worth it.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just going through infinity blade 2 again with this again. Yeah, it looks that good.

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Bah. If I could just get an iPod touch I would be happy.

12. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumping this thread....

Caved in and bought the white 16GB wifi iPad 3 the other day. Yup, calling it the iPad 3. I didn't upgrade from a previous iPad, this is my first one. I'm liking it so far. As much as it annoyed me before, I actually miss iOS. With iOS 6 coming this Fall, I'm really excited to mess around with Siri and check out that 3D/flyover map. I'll most likely jailbreak it when iOS6 is released since I just love to customize things.

Bought a smart cover, damn things are expensive for what they are. Now I just gotta buy a case and screen protector, which I'll get around to once I replenish my funds.

Been thinking about getting Modern Combat 3, heard it was .99 cents when it was released, now its like $6.99. There was that and also Minecraft Pocket Edition. Bought MvC2 and SketchBook Pro instead aha I really wanted to get that MC3, but playing FPS games with the touchscreen wasn't doing it for me. I tried Minecraft on my Android phone many times, just couldn't get myself to buy it. Wanted to buy it for the iPad, tested it many times as well, still couldn't pull the trigger.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love my new ipad :) 

14. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I recently bought an iPad 3 for my girlfriend. It was a gift for her dissertation defense.

We have previously not owned one, and she absolutely loves it! Can't wait to figure out all the bells and whistles on this thing.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Selling my older brother my iPad 2 after my grad party and buying the iPad 3/HD/WTF apple calls it since I don't need a computer and have the money.