New Interview with new Shockwave Pic

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by caldo15, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I've heard that a thousand times and no I don't think it would fit. Why does it matter anyways he will have 2 lines at best an then be killed to show of how badass Prime is so that the kids would get hyped to buy the toys, like it has always been!

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, like always, everything ends up going to a matter of opinion.
    I think it would be awesome

I forgot that you could see into the future, my bad.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll have to agree to disagree, because heads and cannon aside, both of those bodies look like skeletons with ribs and shoulder pads to me.

[​IMG]

Doesn't look purple to me.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Why yes, this image at a low angle and missing the lower half is certainly valid criteria to judge the color of his entire body.

5. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd actually give my left arm to hear Christopher Lee perform the voice, if Shockwave were to have one. A voice like Saruman coming out of the callous and murderous bad ass that is Shockwave? Yes, please. Yes yes yes, please.

Hell, Jason Isaacs. I'd even accept Michael Shannon if they wanted an American voice that can pull off cold and emotionless.

Oh, if only.

6. Overlord Balder

Well, I think "heads and cannon" aside is a pretty big jump, you're taking his trademark weapon [that also consists a good chunk of his arm] and his face.
    Also, I think you're simplying the designs in an INSANE level: Yes, they have the same skeleton-esuque style, but that doesn't mean they are the same thing.

Look at their ribs, compare them: They don't have even the SLIGHTLEST similarity [Megatron's are sort of a bunch of metal pieces that don't even recall a rib, Shockwave's is skeletal and different from all other ribs seen in the movie-verse].

Then look at their legs, see how Shockwave has some small flat structures on his legs [which Megatron lacks], pointy shoulderpads [which Megatron also lacks], his feet are also much more organized than Megatron's [that looks like a bunch of chanisaws molded together in the form of a foot].

Look at their Fingers, Megatron has claws, Shockwave has actual fingers.

Hell, even the steel in their bodies look different, Megatron has a very "shiny metallic" look while Shockwave has a "beaten up steel" look, Shockwave looks like a very old, hardned up Steel.

Saying they are indentical just because they have the same "skeletal" kind of design is like saying G1 Optimus and Megatron are indentical because they have the same blocky design.

7. dragonfli99

dragonfli99 The Vet Guy

I'm pretty good at drawing and imagining things, so from an artist's point of view, I'd like to see your ideal designs for movieverse characters. I guarantee you can't think up anything that's even half as good as these designs. Hell, I can't either. I really love what the concept artists and animators have come up with for these movies. Bodies made of blocks work for cartoons, but in live action, there has to be alot more detail, and it's probably hard to create real giant alien robots without some kind of metallic layering design unless they were like Iron Man, but then the idea of these robots tranforming into vehicles couldn't be believable. All of the movie characters are very similar, but not completely the same.

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I did not add color. I just adjusted the luminosity. The color is already there in the original pic.

Attached Files:

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh god, I'm just picturing Count Dooku's voice coming out of Shockwave's mouth, and it sounds epic. Though I am still really hoping David Warner voices Shockwave.

10. XLiDoKrAzEeX

XLiDoKrAzEeX "PFFFT"

News Credits:
    If there is not going to be any Dialogue, i hope the score will fill in the epic fightscenes.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I know that if Shockwave doesn't speak It still might work, but it will remind me too much of that tower with the EYE from LOTR.

His design deserves an ogre/beast type of voice, a menacing and terrifying one. I can imagine the red light glowing really high when he's mad or hardly any light at all when he thinks..

I say give him a voice, and stronger than Megatrons.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  13. Overlord Balder

Doug Bradley is absolutely NOTHING compared to Jeremy Irons.

"Rise of the pentagram" can't match "Be Prepared", accept it!

14. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Whenever I think of Jeremy Irons, I either think of him as Scar in the Lion King or as Simon Gruber in Die Hard 3, so I think he could definitely be cool as Shockwave. It might not be classic Shockwave but honestly, isn't that what the movies have done for most characters? I mean, Movie Megatron doesn't sound like G1 Megs but he's still epic. Alot of the characters in the movies are new takes on classic characters, so I have no problem with giving someone like Jeremy Irons a chance. That said, I still would love to see David Warner voice him, if only because he inspired Cory Burton's take on the character.

15. Overlord Balder

I agree with every single word of this post.
    Just give David Warner or Jeremy Irons a shot and awesomeness will invade our minds.

16. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits: