New interview: Shia Says Symbols in his Mind are a....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by reave, May 8, 2009.

1. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SPOILER...

MAP.

From iesb.net:

IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - Interview: Shia LaBeouf Says Symbols in his Mind are a Map in TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to say it, But that was a good read. If only for the spoilers :) 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shia swears a-freaking-lot.

I like him.

4. Bocc Kob

Bocc Kob Prowl Jam!

Oh boy, treasure!

5. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Keep painting toilet seats Shia :) 

6. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A map? That's...! Kinda boring. I mean, if we had a bet going that would have been my guess.

Wow, name-dropping Energon. That's interesting. ...wait, Shia called the Allspark cube the "Energon Cube" a few times in interviews for the first film. Could this mean... maybe he's just dumb and repeating some out-of-date terminology? (lol jk)

Ahahahahahaha

7. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Could he do one interview without having the mouth of a Sailor and Trucker combined? I mean, if you do that in your personal life, fine, but in a professional capacity such as an interview... it's not only disrespectful, it shows a total lack of class.

No, it's not the world's worst thing, but yikes.

As for the rest of it, it's a great explanation of Sam's situation, but while trying to be normal, Sam doesn't have to be a dick about it either.

I think part of it is that he feels he's owed something for saving the Autobots and the world. Which is reasonable considering all he went through, but there were moments when he thought it was cool to be the hero and bag the girl.

Well, nothing's changed really. He's still a hero, he's got the girl, and the fighting is taking place all over the world, not in his back yard, so what's his bitch?

Most people would be milking it for what it's worth (which considering the cover up, wouldn't be much)

I give 'em credit for making it realistic, but they could tone down the dickish part a bit. If I was Sam, sure, I'd be scared as hell, but how many people can say they've made friends with an alien race? Two of them willing to die to protect you from anything and everything? How many human friends can you claim would do the same thing?

I'm hoping his attitude changes by the end of the film. It's not enough to ruin it for me, but it is a negative for me.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Maybe he means Nucleon...

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Hmmm...Energon revives fallen comrades...does anybody remember that picture of the army dudes storming that weird room with the blue chamber? What if that was energon in the chamber?

And what if they just stuff a crapload of energon into Megs to bring him back?

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Very interesting read,can't wait for the movie.

11. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    And what if they just stuff a crapload of energon into Megs to bring him back?[/QUOTE]

Megatron is in hell getting pineapples shoved up his ass by Hitler and Stalin. not so much energon down there im afraid

12. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think some of what he said was either misinformation, or he plain just doesn't know what he is talking about.

I don't think the "map" in his head is meant to find energon at all...more like a SUN HARVESTER...but hey I could be wrong...if I am...the prequel comics were completely pointless.

13. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I always thought Shia was a jerk, but it was interesting to see that human side of him talking about school.

Oh, and the whole "map" thing was cool too.

"Revive fallen comrades..." <--I predict about ten more "Jazz Will Live Again" threads in the near future.

Hmmm. Well, I guess we now know how Megs and Blackout come back, right? Though I am a bit confused. Is it Energon or the sacrificing of one's spark that will bring someone back? Or is it both? And how does the Sun Harvestor fit into all of this?

Yup...I think Bay enlisted Shia to help with the misinformation campain.

14. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, one came from one of the actors involved in the film and the other comes from unverified rumors that sprang up on a blog's comment section.

¯\(°_o)/¯

15. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Doesn't that kind of...make him into Movie Kicker?

--Moony

16. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

Oh lawd...

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    To be fair, when Sam goes to talk to Bumblebee in his garage, you can see his house has a GIANT HOLE where his own bathroom was - one presumes something bad happened involving Bumblebee. I think he's getting tired of being turned insane like his great grandfather and having robots either hunting him and hanging around him 24 hours a day, which, honestly, is fair enough.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm...if the energon thing holds up, it's interesting. I like the spark idea, for bringing back dead 'bots, better than energon though.

19. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder what energon's made of in the movie-verse. Is it just compressed cubes of oil, or will it be something else? Will there be some subtle commentary about the current energy/environmental crisis, just like there was in G1? Will the transformers drink it and exhibit the effects of drunkenness upon consumption? Will it glow? Will it be pinkish? How did it get here? Does it have something to do with the allspark? Or is it something native to the planet but prior to the arrival of any of the transformers? Will the Fallen need it to power the sun-destroyer thing? Or will it be the product of the sun-destroyer thing? Is solar energy the basic element of energon?

20. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im going out on a limb here and saying that the map points to the sun harvester, which is where the last bit of Energon on earth is. They need to harness the energy of the sun, using the Sun Harvester, to create more Energon. Pretty basic, dont see how people didnt realize that right away.