New Insecticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VenomKing, May 16, 2011.

1. VenomKing

VenomKing Well-Known Member

Is FP the only ones doing them or was another company planning on doing them as well?

2. Grim Wanderer

Grim Wanderer Well-Known Member

Just FP I think.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
  4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    MIND: this will likely not be their final colorscheme, I just improvised ;) 

NOT-SHRAPNELL
    [​IMG]

NOT-BOMBSHELL
    [​IMG]

NOT-KICKBACK:
    [​IMG]

NOT-CHOPSHOP:
    [​IMG]

NOT-BARRAGE:
    [​IMG]

NOT-RANSACK:
    [​IMG]

NOT-VENOM:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Fansproject does not disappoint. Its also the first completely new mold for causality.

I like the style a lot better than defender. Where the joints conflicted with the look of the figure from some angles.

The best part is thundershred has a unique look if hasbro does ever make a classics articulated insecticon team. You'll still have these Insector Ninjas.

6. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Thundershred is so overwhelmingly dissapointing to me. No way I'll shed out for a guy who isn't a spot on representation of a character. Defender and Protector were the same. So almost yet IP dodging enough to kill any intrest I have in them.

This guy would be great as one of the IDW Swarm, but no way I want that before the insecticons proper.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I can see that angle that its not dead on insecticons proper and this is just IP dodgeing. The horns by the way can be configured just like G1 shrapnel, but their not doing so in the promotional photography I've been told.

My take on it is that as a fan created piece it does things that homage the original toy. though given hasbro and takara's comparable works they would also update the design.

The fansproject details help things stand as their own universe, a vision of transformers in a sculpt other than the takara and Hasbro team.

The weapons add a lot of play value. Its nice that its not a accesory kit this time. Its Thundershred!

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can not wait to see some final colored pictures and some scale pictures with existing Classics figures.

9. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Whoa! First time I see this bad boy colored. You can't go wrong with FP! The hearts of steel version looks to be more of a deluxe size, FP's items tend to stay around the Scout size which they would fit in perfectly with the rest of the classics. Also you can't go wrong with FP quality.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You got FP and MMC making a Insecticon set.

You can not go wrong with FP as all else have mentioned. Ninja Insect Robots.. Three things all little boys and men children adore lol.

MMC, a set that I am looking forward to, has only shown one picture and it wasn't even of their version of the set. This set has the awesomeness of a combination feature and steampunk. The three insecticons form one train and even the sample pic we saw looks quite promising. It is also a welcomed addition if you are collection MMC's HoS line.

So if I had to go with one, and because I think Classics are the best shit since fucking, I would go the FP way because they expand yoru Classics Universe. The MMC would be a good buy but only for the fresh take on the Insecticons and if you are already collecting MMC's HoS series.

11. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

Don't be fooled that's a fan colored photo, not official

12. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Oh I know that the horns can be repositioned, thats not the issue. Even the lack of Shrapnel's face (dude never had a faceplate) isn't really the problem. I just feel that the only people that should be redesigning TFs are hasbro/Takara or at at the biggest stretch IDW. The guys that create the property. I'm all for 3rd party stuff as long as it represents a design I can relate to. FP make great looking toys, but I just don't see them as any version of the characters I know. It makes them completely undesirable to me.

13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You don't have to justify it, just consider yourself extremely lucky - You'll save a ton of money by never buying FP stuff :D  :thumb 

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    oh trust me, I know, but damn it looks good! haha..

15. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    thnx I take that as a compliment :thumbs2: 

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

This is the first I've seen of the HOS Insecticons. They may not transform into insects, but they look far better than Thundershred IMO, plus that alt mode is pretty bad ass, and they're Deluxe size! If they're around $100 for a set, I may end up making my first third-party purchase...

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    There hasn't been a whole lot of info on this set. It was introduced when they teased about Cyclops (HoS Shockwave) . The only picture we saw was of a student project that MMC stated had nothing to do with their version of the set.

I personally have no clue if this set is still in the works btu it has definately taken a back seat to Cyclops.

I also doubt these guys will be deluxes. MMC Knight Morpher was voyager sized and about $90 when it came out. These guys will most likely be 3 scouts and unfortunately with 3rd party prices as they are (even at their best) and MMC not being the cheapest of the 3rd parties (well they only released one fig so far so we will kno wbetter when Cyclops comes out) I highly doubt this set will be $100 or less when it comes out.

18. Facemeat

Wait, so those aren't official pictures? Or am I reading that wrong? Well, either way, it's no great loss...just more money I can save on figures that Hasbro will probably get around to soon, anyway.
    EDIT: ...I really need to learn to read before I post. It clearly states that those are never going to be mass produced. Carry on. :lol 

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The train Insecticon pics you saw may never be mass produced but that is ONLY THE VERSION IN THE PICTURE. MMC did announce they are working on their own version. If HoS Prime was mass released and Shockwave will be, I don't see them making these and not mass releasing them.

And I want to recant what I said about price. I think these will be between $90-100. We already know that anything over $100 tends to be cursed with weak sales.

20. Facemeat

Well, here's hoping the real deals will look half as good as those awesome customs, because I'm really not a fan of what FP is doing with the Insecticons, plus the price is a bit absurd on them IMO.