New Info from Toyfair!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=13059

Toy Fair 2010 - First Look at Three Stages of War For Cybertron Video Game! Transformers

Here at Toy Fair, Hasbro, Inc. and Activision Publishing were nice enough to team up and give us a preview of three stages from the publishing studio's upcoming video game Transformers: War for Cybertron. We were originally scheduled a hands-on preview, but Jason from Activision put a caveat out there that what was being shown today was not final at all. That being said, he also said that he really wanted to show us the game.

First of all, the gameplay. He says that is you have picked up Gears of War or Gears of War 2, then when you pick up the controller for this game, you will feel right at home. The feel of this over-the-shoulder third person shooter will feel "instantly recognizable," which he said it two or three times just to drive the idea home.

The game is also designed to be a co-op game and friends may jump in and out of the game as they please and it will not effect your progress in the game. The example given is that when a friend who is playing the game with you needs to leave to eat dinner, s/he may choose to do so and jump in after s/he has finished his/her dinner.

Today's preview of the game showed off three locals: Iacon Under Seige, Jetfire in space, and Megatron fighting (oh yeah) Omega Supreme. It was also revealed that each mission will one of three locations on Cybertron: on the surface, in the core of, or in the surrounding space (as was featured in the Jetfire gameplay).

Iacon Under Seige
    The first stage shows off Iacon in a very bad place. The defense systems of the city are failing and Optimus Prime, Ratchet, and Bumblebee are coming down an elevator to another room.

The three are speaking about how Megatron wants Iacon and reveal that Zeta Prime is dead.

When they arrive at their destination, Jetfire appears in a holographic feed reporting that they need to get defensive guns operation in order to fend off the Decepticons. Optimus Prime informs him that Zeta Prime is dead and he as assumed "temporary" command.

After Ratchet checks the computer to see where the controls are to turn on these guns, the three Autobots head towards their destination and fend off the drones that they encounter.

In this area of fighting, we see Optimus use his gun in vehicle and robot modes while using his axe as a melee weapon in robot mode.

Outer Space
    The next board has the player taking on the character Jetfire. He, along with Silverbolt and Air Raid, must make it to a certain area. Throughout this board, the player flies Jetfire through treacherous air space, riddled with mines and explosives, and avoids them by shooting or performing barrel rolls.

Megatron versus Omega Supreme
    The last and final stage we were given a preview of is Megatron versus Omega Supreme. When we started, the player already has successfully defeated the giant Transformer once. However, he is beginning repairs and is quite unhappy.

The player is informed to shoot Omega's chest, but the player had some issues with this - with the rockets raining down on him and large blasts coming right at him. At the same time.

We could only catch Breakdown as one of two Decepticons that accompanied Megatron, as the player was very busy running away from Omega Supreme behind some walls. Walls that were easily blown away as soon as the player ran away from that section.

Overall Impressions
    Overall, the game is looking very good. It is obviously still has some kinks to work out, but it seems to be progressing along quite well. While the reveal trailer is pre-rendered to awesome quality, the video game's graphics looked comparable. The video is cleaner and crisper than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The Game and seems just as seamless most of the time.

We are obviously anticipating the arrival of the game that High Moon Studios claims that they have been waiting for 25 years to play.

They also teased that there will be quite a few announcements, including ones asked for by the fans!

We hope that we can get some hands-on time soon enough and judge for ourselves.

We work really hard to be the best resource for all your Transformers news and reviews every day. Keep your browser dialed to Tformers.com for updates as they happen.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Loveing the sound of this. :D 

3. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Cannnnnoottttt wait for gameplay footage! :D 

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Megs versus Omega battle sounds epicsauce.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  5. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I saw Air Raid in that article...I'M SO EXCITED!

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I hope him and Silverbolt are playable. I love the Aerialbots.

7. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

i love jetfire :) 

8. 100% Mackem

100% Mackem Banned

Can't wait for this Game to be released !

9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Cannot wait for May !

10. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Hmm destructibale scenery? it said that omega was blowin up cover so maybe that means it will be like bad company destructable wise.

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes that's how I took it as well, which is good because the Battlefield Bad Company series is by far my favorite game series.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    They have to be. In an official article a while back, they said you'd have a choice of 3 characters before a mission and the two you don't pick join you during said mission. If Jetfire is being played, and Air Raid and Silverbolt are tagging along, one can assume they were the un-picked characters.

13. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

This sounds excellent, pleased to hear the controls are similar to Gears and also that the story seems quite serious and intense.

edit: And Jetfire? Splendid news! can't wait to see his character model..

14. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

Ha! Zeta Prime. I'm glad they at least acknowledge Shane McCarthy's creation of the new Prime between Sentinel and Optimus. Hopefully, they will be able to flesh him out a *little* better than the IDW comics, but I'm not holding my breath.

Really excited about the game. Everything I have heard so far gets me more and more anxious for the release date.

15. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Good point! I'm pumped again!

16. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

So you fight Omega twice in the decepticon campaign?

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds more like it's a two-part fight.

First the usual generic fight until HP goes to zero battle, then run away from Omega while avoiding obstacles.

18. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    It sounds like it's a two part boss battle. Kind like when you fight Dr. Wily and he's easy the first time and then refills his health for a tougher battle.

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Sounds awesome, but the computer AI seems pretty dumb. If they can't keep up with you running from a boss, then they probably won't be much help. But if they can provide cover fire, and be extra targets for enemies, then that's great too :D 

I guess we can add Jetfire, Silverbolt, Air Raid, and possibly Breakdown into the list of playables :D 

20. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I'm so pumped for the Aerialbots. I loved that group as a kid and still do.