New info from the TFcon Panels

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetcols, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I found this on Seibertron.com

First on the chopping block this year was Derrick J Wyatt, the Art Director and Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated. Here are just a few things that we got out of it.

- Hasbro to comment on Animated season 4 and it's cancellation "at another convention"

- Derrick really wanted to do a Shattered Glass episode if only to have Fanzone say "This is why I love MACHINES!"

- Grandus will be in an episode, if only for a moment.

- Liked the idea of more Dinobots in later season, but didn't know what to do with "two Snarls"

- I asked if they had ever considered Downshift or any of the Omnibots for the Elite Guard. For some reason Derrick never once considered the Omnibots for Elite Guard members. Oh well, I suppose I can dream.

Next up was to bat was Dan Gilvezan, the unmistakable voice of Generation 1 Bumblebee. Not to mention Hot Spot, Outback, Snapdragon and a slew of others.

If anything was learned at this panel, it's that Dan has a sense of humor a mile wide. He was very comfortable in front of his fans and was very humble and grateful that he has touched so many over the last 25 years. He had many stories to tell, most of which were about Frank Welker screwing with the sound techs and Wally Burr boot camp stories.

He was very interactive with the fans, even getting up from behind the podium to come down and goof around with the fans.

One thing that really stands out to me and clearly the crowd was when Dan said he would love to get together with the remaining cast members and do a 90 minute special. We want that too Dan, we really really want that too!

Last but not least was the Hasbro Product Preview Panel. We were shown the official images of the first wave of figures and they're approximate street dates.

- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.

- Wave one Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader are due out May 30th. Right on par with Botcon (and my birthday;) )

- Vehicle only Devastator Gift Set will be released in late fall. Will consist of the following.

- Scavenger - Leader Class

- Mixmaster - Ultra

- Longhaul and Scrapper - Voyagers

- Hightower and Rampage - Deluxes.

- Store Exclusives - Released approximately the same week as the movie

- Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon (Toys R' Us)

- Skywarp and Ramjet (Walmart)

- Non-movie combiners Superion and Bruticus (Zellers/Target)

- Teletoon Retro to start airing G1 season 1 starting May 18th @ 8:00 PM. Airing first 48 episodes during 24 marathon on June 13th.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Wha wha wha wha wait! Is it just me or did they upgrade the Devastator gift set? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Scavenger/Demolishor was a Leader Class..in fact, I think he was about the same size as the transforming Voyager Demolishor..or wasn't he? That could mean he will be bigger than the test shot...

Seems they will talk about Animated at Botcon..

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Bit of a mix up there I think, Longhaul and Rampage are the legs so they're the deluxes, making Scarpper and Hightower the voyagers.

Love Wyatts comments, guess we'll have to keep hanging on.

4. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    This is from the Allspark.com

On display at Hasbro's booth: Leader Optimus Prime, Voyager Starscream (boxed), Bumblebee Helmet, Bumblebee Guantlet, Soundwave (carded), Preview Bumblebee, RPMS.

On display at FansProject: G3 trailer (prototype) Nemesis Commander, Powered Comander, City Commander, Mini Megs, Cliffjumper kit, Light up Matrix, Alternators/Binaltech Matrix and gun, hands and feet for Energon combiners, Design images of Protector (Rodimus) Trailer, Warbot: ???? (Broadside), Warbot: Collector (Wreck-Gar), Warbot: Defender (Springer), TFX-Salutation Glacialbot (new Combiner), TFX- Salutation Glacialbot: Mammoth (combiner member).

From the Hasbro panel:
    More RPMs characters other than Movie characters (yay!)
    Supreme Devastator's vehicles are Leader, Ultra, Voyager, Voyager, Deluxe and Deluxe scale ("Demolishor" was named "Scavenger")
    Devastator was said to have "another mode" when combined. No word on what that might be.
    Superion will be a Zellers exclusive in Canada (Bruticus not mentioned) to be released late June (around movie).
    Preview wave due out around May 15th

Derrick Wyatt Panel:
    He didn't want to reveal the name for female Starscream clone (he wasn't sure if he could), however when someone yelled out "Slipstream" he replied "someone said it". It's unclear if that was the name he was referring to specifically as there was a volley of names yelled out as suggestions at once. It is NOT Nightbird, Dirge, Laserbeak, Laserwave...
    Rodimus possibly back in season three, but background only (no Judd Nelson to do the voice)
    More female characters, but not main roles, essentially background characters (not Flip-Sides)
    Grandus, one of the characters that Wyatt wanted to get into the show, will be in an episode.
    Beachcomber's appearance was cut (apparently the character was one Wyatt doesn't care for, and was treated REALLY badly)
    Angry Archer was cut from "Human Error" due to time constraints and Hasbro's desire for a focus on Decepticon enemies this season.

From FansProject:
    Mini Megs accessory is now essentially canceled
    May make an accessory pack for City Commander featuring accessories from the other sets if there is retailer demand.
    They're looking to make their own stories, and own characters. Warbot: ??? is one of these...it just happens to share a resemblance to Broadside
    They would like to continue making limbs for the Glacialbot combiner. Possible ideas: Vampires and movie monsters. Current designs: cave bear, woolly rhino (another looks like a sabertooth, but wasn't mentioned specifically). The first batch of ice age combiner characters would be released as a set; the following characters released as add-on figures.
    Expect Rodimus by the end of the year, Spring and Wreck-Gar first quarter next.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome news, I'm thinkin this "other mode" combined is the suck everthing in like someone said in the other thread.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Didn't they collect questions to ask Hasbro before the con?
    Were the answers incorporated into the above reports, or were they too Canada-specific to be of interest to the rest of us?

7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the skywarp and ramjet mentioned Animated versions?

8. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The preview figures come out on my birthday. Cool.

9. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    nooooooooooo

10. oddsey

oddsey Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Repaints of the first movie Starscream.

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm, any chance of seeing a rerelease of City Commander?

12. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

Did anyone happen to see either in person or photos somewhere if the Superion and Bruticus reissues were in Universe or in RoTF packaging?

13. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So according to Eric Bauza , hasbro is planning on doing A transformers version of Resolute :O

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    They've been seen in both so far. Not at TFCon though.

So, are those Energon Combiner Limbs usable for all the Energon combiners? Could I stick them on my Devastator set, AND both Bruticus and Superion when I get them?

These FP combiners intrigue me. But all the talk about Vampires confuses me. Are these intended to be projects that for other toy series and not just TF's?

Mini Megs getting canceled makes me a sad panda. I wonder if they felt it was too much of a copyright risk. Or maybe they were having a hard time making it so the Classics figs could wield the gun.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Hmmm...Scavenger, not Demolishor...

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:

17. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the update! It made me laugh when I read that Hasbro brought a "Bumblebee Helmet and Gauntlet." Uhhhh....really? As popular as they might actually be, I don't think that is what people expect you to bring to a TF convention. Ha ha ha!

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Interesting, movie monster TFs...if along the lines of kaiju, sign me up, but if stuff like Universal monsters (vampires, frankenstein, creature from black lagoon, etc), then I would be somewhat impartial...

19. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am sad to hear of the fate of mini Megs. I was soo looking forward to those.

20. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    I dont wanna wait a year for rodimus and springer!!!!!!