New in box items damaged?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SolidSnake2017, Oct 27, 2011.

1. SolidSnake2017

SolidSnake2017 Well-Known Member

I've recieved several bots recently that have had major damage to them and looked used despite being firmly sealed in the box. In particular I got an ROTF Dead End with scuff marks all over him and several chunks of plastic/paint taken out of the top of it, yet it was new in box when i received it. I purchased through amazon but it really annoys me that if I really cared about the collectors value that they would be rather worthless, like some kid played with it for like a week before I even got it. This also seems to tie into the severe drop in quality in the toys as of late, I've found the DOTM toys to be really poor quality, smaller and no paint with cheap plastic. Its a sad trend.

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I can’t even begin to tell you how many HA Jazz's I dug through w/o opening them to find 1 that didn't have missing paint/scuff's ECT... Almost all my movie figures have a few factory flaws in paint apps, "gimp" arms from improper cast, and plastic parts brittle/discolored from too hot of mold. QC has seriously been lacking the last few years not just with DOTM as you stated. Yes a sad trend to be sure.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The worst for me was rusted parts in factory sealed TFTM toys I had. How the heck did they have rust while inside the package? My theory is they already had rust in the factory and were sealed that way.

Also some TFTM factory sealed toys had dust in them, one of the worst was Evolution of a Hero, the Classic Camaro had lots of dust on the hood, when I wiped it off with facial tissue, it turned brown(!).

Now, lots of ROTF and DOTM toys have paint scuffs, loose joints straight out of the package.