Minor/Repaint: New & Improved Flail on 2007 Movie Premium Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Jun 11, 2009.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CHECK THIS OUT:

In the 2007 Movie, Megatron's flail had to 2 chain lines (as pointed out by the red arrows in the first pic).

However, only 1 is featured on 2007 Movie Leader Class Megatron's regular & premium versions (as seen in the first 2 before pics)

That bothered me a bit. So I modified the flail on my own 2007 Movie Leader Class Premium Megatron to have those double chain lines (see last 2 after pics).

You can do it yourself by following these steps in order (it's quite simple):

STEP 01) Remove the cannon from Megatron's right arm.

STEP 02) Cut off the string at the loophole on Megatron's right hand.

STEP 03) Remove and store the plastic links and Megatron's right hand in a small tray.

STEP 04) Screw off the plastic cover inside the right arm cannon and store the screws and the cover in the tray.

STEP 05) Remove the black part and the spring and store the spring in the tray.

STEP 06) Remove the the old string from the loophole on black part (it's glued on there so you have to be a bit forceful but careful in removing it).

STEP 07) Cut at least a foot long loop (or longer or shorter if you want) of black thread.

STEP 08) Run the thread through the loophole on Megatron's right hand until it's in the middle of the thread.

STEP 09) Run an equal number and length of the plastic links on opposite sides of the thread until it reaches Megatron's right hand on the right and left sides.

STEP 10) Tie up the thread on the left side of loophole on black part (you'll see a little notch there).

STEP 11) Place the black part with the spring back on the cannon and screw the cover back on.

STEP 12) Place the cannon back on Megatron's right arm and you've got yourself a 2007 Movie Leader Class Megatron (regular and/or premium) with a new and improved flail!

NOTE: I used Aunt Lydia's Fashion Crochet Thread (black) for the new flail. You can find it at your nearest Wal-Mart store for $1.97.

Attached Files:

2. newguy

newguy i

I replaced the chain with a silver broken neclace.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial :wink:  Great job :) 

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

This thread is full of FLAIL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)  Nicely done!

5. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Agh! I've could've done this, but I cut the chain off and lost all the links. Anyways, great work. I would never have thought of this.

MTL