New Images of TakaraTomy RA-22 Sideswipe & Sgt Spps and RA-25 Skids & Mikaela

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jul 10, 2009.

1. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    uh... Arcee looks like Chromia and Mikaela looks like Rose off of Two and a Half Men.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Screen accuracy sure isn't a priority in this line

3. Shockwave22

Shockwave22 Well-Known Member

Same here

4. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not really feeling that Sideswipe. He looks like he's got stubby legs but it may just be the camera angle. That Skids looks amazing, I'm just kinda wondering why HasTak felt the need to include that Arcee. I'm sure I'll buy them both because I ADORE HA Bumblebee.

5. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm getting the deluxe arcee thats seperate, but both Sideswipe and Skids look cool, but Mikaela's face looks like GI JOE's Baroness's face! Still a get!

6. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links, Type-R!

The HA Skids set, overall, looks great! I think his HA figure looks even better than his Deluxe. Here's hoping that his transformations aren't as tricky as the Deluxe. The Deluxe had a sensible transformation once you practice it a couple of times, but there's still a lot of piece interference, and his roof panels always feel like they're gonna snap or chip (which they haven't).

HA Arcee-mini is interesting! It's like a pink Chromia-Demolishor bot! Glad Hasbro included her in the set, though I'm still remiss that Mikaela didn't have a tow truck moment in RotF. That was such a cool part of TFTM and allowed her character to show she was smart and brave. I was hoping that she'd do something similar with the Arcee team, but oh well.

I like the HA humans so far as I've seen. Well, Sam's expression is hilarious, but whaddayagonnado? Mikaela's figure looks great (makes Conan O'Brien purr sound).

HA Sideswipe looks okay in robot mode, but I agree with others that he's definitely less streamlined than the Deluxe. Alt mode looks better due to the doors apparently not becoming his blades, but I grew to accept and be totally fine with those lines on the Deluxe version.

EDIT: So the Hasbro pics show a Sideswipe with un-extended legs. After seeing him properly transformed now, I gotta say COOL! Wish the blades were a little more like the Deluxe's, but that's not a big deal at all. SOLD.

So, my mini, tiny, miniscule criticisms aside, it seems like Hasbro's gonna get roughly another $100 outta me with these three HA sets :)  If anything, this pretty much fulfills my childhood dream of having a corresponding human character that could ride in and interact with a TF. Here's hoping that Hasbro one day does a Universe x.0 throwback series with Classics Bumblebee and Spike combo :D :D :D :D :D 

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Skids looks great!

I wish Mikaela would sit on me like that.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very nice, I like the HA Transformers. Will buy.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Skids and Sideswipe both look fantastic! This HA line has already parked itself right up near Classics and Alternators on my list of favorite lines of all time. (Maybe because they are "movie" Alternators).

Arcee is a big fat ball of fail. Hopefully the crap quality means it will practically be a freebie pack-in.

I intend to position Mikaela in her "Washing Bay's Car" pose with Sideswipe when I get them both...

10. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

Both of these guys are bought.

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

The more I see Sideswipe, the more I want to pass on him. I likely will.

Skids has surprised me, though. I saw his pics at Botcon and he looked intriguing. Seeing him again is further making me want to get him--especially if both arms/hands are the same size. If that really is the case, I'll be getting one. (Although I'll admit right now...I'll be replacing that head and making something else out of him :D  )

Arcee doesn't interest me one bit.

Now, I really want to see Barricade again. THAT'S the one I'm looking forward to.

12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    for everyone who thinks Sideswipe is looking stubby, here is the pic with his legs all the way extended (i think he looks great aside from his overly boxy forearms)

[​IMG]

(i also like how they did the swords on teh deluxe better, but that wouldn't really work with how they are going for realistic interiors here)

13. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no doubt these are a fantastic step for Transformers, I really hope we do get a Gi Joe Crossover one day as I think that would be win for both fandoms

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Both bought. If they're anything like Bumblebee they're going to be spectacular.

15. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    No it's not just you. I'll reserve final judgment until a video review of the figure comes out but, as of right now just judging from all this pics we've see thus far, HA Sideswipe looks like horseshit.

He is too short, fat, chunky, and he has stubby legs. If sideswipe had a mini-me it'd look like HA Sideswipe.

Other than that, HA Skids looks pretty good.

16. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wantz!!!! skids and arcee are teh awesome, Icecream Truck please.

17. NeilD83

NeilD83 Well-Known Member

when mikaela stands next 2 skids, she makes skids look like a small van, i thought that skids and mudflap are supposed to be mini-cars like the small scion cars

18. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be buying all the HAs it looks like.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Sideswipe=win and so bought. The fact he comes with mini-epps is also win (I need a credit card!)

Skids=Pretty cool, and I like how they threw in the Arcee so they wouldn't have to crap up Skids with too many limiting gimmicks. I'll probably pick this set up, I just hope they come out with the Mudflap HA figure so I can have both twins.

20. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I remember that. Apparently, when asked about a Mikayla toy being made, Megan Fox said that she would "kill herself" if they ever did make one because she didn't like the idea of a toy being made in her image or something. When I found out that they made an HA Skids with Mikalya, I thought about that, but Megan Fox is still alive last I checked, so...:rock