New images of galvatron model

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Red Snarl, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of Galvatron but that's one sweet model kit.^^

3. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Transformers that don't transform = no interest

4. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

I think this model looks fantastic. If only it were about half the price. I guess that considering there will only be only 100 made, it is an oppurtunity to own a very rqare piece. It is also nice that it fits in perfectly with the classics...though I wish it was voyager suze instead of deluxe sized. Anyway, I plan on getting one..I just have to find someone to paint it.

Does anyone know of reasonably priced model painting services?

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I LOVE Galvatron's design and that's gorgeous. The price however is outrageous.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Very nice indeed, but between no painting skills and not willing to spend that much money, I'll never own one.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, but not for that price. Especially since Classics Galvy is right around the corner.

8. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

While there will indeed be a classics Galvy to come out soon, it won't be as G1 cartoon accurate as this kit. There is a possibillity that there will never be a Galvatron figure as accurate as this kit. For that reason alone I am willing to shelol out the dough to get this figure...though it is painful. This thing even looks ALOT better than the SHBM Galvatron...and I am a huge fan of that figure.

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Only problem for me is, I want an accurate representation of his alt mode. From the scene in the movie where he blasted Starscream. That thing looked wicked, but the G1 toy looked like a fat brick. I'm hoping the Classics alt mode will be half as cool as what we saw in the 86 movie. If this model transformed like a Robotech Valkyrie I'd be all over it. They can make transforming model kits, don't know why they choose not to.:( 

10. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very cool but way overpriced.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    you don't get the cartoon accuracy with transforming G1 toys, its a one or the other thing.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/
    That's not true, this gentleman has managed to do it 4 times already. I really wish hasboro or takara would hire him. If he can make wheelie look good, anything is possible.

13. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    $125 is a bit steep for Galvatron there.

14. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

There's some weird proportions going on, on those arms. Are those elbows or wrists?

15. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

I would prefer to have an a transforming Galvatron that is also G1 accurate but that hasn't unfortunately been an option. Galvatron toys always seem to suffer which is surprising since it always seems like it would be an easy task to have a Galvy figure that is also accurate. Even the energon Gavatron, which had the most accurate G1 robot mode was too fat and kibbly.

When I look at my collection, I have hundreds of cool transforming toys. What I lack in my extremely large collection are accurate representations of the characters I came to love back in the 80's. If I have to sacrifice the ability to transform the toy to obtain my favorite characters in the look I fell in love with back in the day...then so be it.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Meh. Very uninteresting. The design is crap, with the awkward elbows and horrible legs. Plus, painting required? For that price? Like seriously, it looks pretty cheap regardless. POS in my books.

17. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    "This kit is licensed by Takara Tomy and made by a newly formed company called Arianhod. An Extremely limited number of this kit will be sold at the Japanese Super Festival."

Aka: its a garage kit from a small company, as per usual when it comes to small Japanese toy ventures. Its hard to compare it to a mass production toy from Hasbro that has millions of dollars to throw around.

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Everyone in this thread obviously has very little knowledge or experience with the garage kit business.

The average transformer costs hasbro pennies to make. A garage kit such as this can cost anywhere from half to 75% of the price it's sold for to make, depending on resin volume and mold complexity.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm not going to call someone's attempt to make a heretofor impossible item (accurate bot-mode galvatron) available, garbage because of it.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It costing a lot to make doesn't magically make it a good price to people with limited funds. You have to be a little more understanding, no matter what amount goes into it, some people aren't going to be able to afford or justify high priced items, and naturally they will make comments such as "that's way over priced" or whatever. To them, for what they can afford to spend, it is.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool but he's waaaaaaay too small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.