New Images Of G1 Colored Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by nemo, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Looking good. Man I sure am glad I passed on greenscream......oh, wait I did buy greenscream. :p  I hope I can remove the shit stains on his backside, er scorch marks. Without causing too much of a mess.

To me MP-01 is Masterpiece defined and Masterpiece Line is G1 perfected by default. MP-01 is still by far the best of the line in my opinion and until something better comes out everything will be compared to G1 and MP-01 as a standard. And I like Megatron better than Prime, its just that I think the MP-01 mold is is better because of character likeness and durability of construction.

Now I have a great excuse to take the knife to greenscream and remove the lame fuel tanks and reattach the tail wings to the legs, I'm going to totally remodel those parts. Then finally repaint him, then I'll have a perfect Screamer. Well almost, he's still too small to be MP.

2. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I think the translucent red is just a result of the sun light behind him.
    Looks good here. Wait this is a different one, check it out no black stains on his null rays.
    Different version or maybe a custom??

[​IMG]

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    lol They need to redo those pics with the legs extended. I can't wait for this to come out!

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Amen.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmmm, gorgeous!! I'll definately be getting this version of Starscream, and am now tempted to preorder that MP-06 Skywarp also.:redface2: 

6. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's panel-lined. :faint

7. AdonMalik

AdonMalik Member

Maybe I'm the only one that noticed this on the second page but I hope that it's not true:

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVES
    Masterpiece Starscream 2007年11月1日

量产,各位慢慢等吧

If that info is accurate it looks like it will be seeing a November release this year as a Walmart exclusive. The post lists the production run as "volume" so I'm guessing they mean it's not a limited run like some things.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn I hope not, none of the Wal-marts in my area ever got the Ravage and Rumble Alts.:throw 

9. fastballspecial

fastballspecial Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I must buy that.

10. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

mesa wants

11. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

me also want a mastepirce dinobot

12. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

god dammit, if its a walmart exclusive I'll never see it unless it appears on their site or a fellow poster does me a solid. My walmart doesn't even stock most TFs, let alone any exclusives at all.

13. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looks pretty cool.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    We've got Walmarts that stock exclusives. We also have an infestation of scalpers. Hrm. Next week we'll get confirmation.

15. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies, and from his appearance, he's been in a number of conquests lately.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Shit, if it's a Walmart exclusive I'll have to get it online.

Walmart exclusives always sell out within a day around here for some reason. :mad 

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Hope it isn't exclusive (could be worse...could be a TRU exclusive, ain't no TRU near me anymore).

I'd probably end up ordering online anyways..or grabbing it at a toy show.

18. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I have a question that I apologize in advance if it seems rude, but I don't mean any harm:

Is this made out of the "American" plastic, or the "Japanese" plastic? I've noticed with the Japanese toys that I own (MP-05, VF-0 and VF-1 from Yamato) are made out of this horrible...HORRIBLE quality plastic. MP-05 convinced me never to buy a Japanese toy again. It literally feels like the toy is made of eggshells. I've built Master Grade Gundam model kits that are sturdier than Yamato's Valkyries.

I'm aware that MP-03 was made out of this "Japanese" plastic, and I'm told that all of the problems that stem from Yamato's fragile plastic (which I'm well familiar with) apply to MP-03 as well. That's a huge deal breaker, in my opinion.

I have NEVER had this "If I sneeze, his arm will snap in half" experience with an American toy, and I'm hoping Masterpiece Starscream is re-made using the same kind of plastic that's found on 20th Anniv Prime, Leader Movie Prime, and basically every other American toy that's ever been released. I don't know if MP-01 was made using this "Japanese" plastic I refer to, but I know my American-version 20th Anniv Prime is made of the "American" plastic I speak of, and 20th Anniv. Prime is every bit as durable and damage-resistant as (for example) Armada Prime. It's dropped from the tabletop more times than I can count and is still as tight and scratch-free as the day it came out of the box. I can't say the same for my Japanese toys...I've only transformed my VF-0 maybe 6 times ever, and basically, the force of gravity is enough to make it un-transform.

(Sorry to project all my Yamato Valkyrie problems onto MP-03, which I don't own, but from the responses on this site, it seems that Yamato's QC is comparable to MP-03). My VF-0 and VF-1 simply do not have any strength in them at all. Whatsoever. There is literally no tensile strength in the arms or hips or knees. If it isn't leaning against a wall, the knees WILL bend backwards a few ratchet points, and the hips WILL lean backwards with no more than the force of gravity.

In either mode (plane or robot), the Yamato VF-0 and VF-1 will not stick together. I am not misaligning anything. All the pegs have been inserted into their holes, all the ratcheting joints have been put into place, and (when my hand is holding it together), the thing snaps together beautifully. I haven't tried this, but I'm sure rubber bands around the jet would make it stay in jet mode. However, once my fingers let go of my VF-0 or my VF-1, basically, the entire transformation is undone, the legs come apart, the arms fall down, and it basically looks like the T-1000 trying to become a jet.

I'm aware that similar problems have existed in MP-03, and I really hope the American version fixes this. I REALLY hope the American version uses "American" plastic, instead of that awful "Japanese" plastic. MP-05, VF-1, and VF-0 have been too much of a burn for me, and I'm never buying a Japanese toy again.

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I really really hope the plastic is sturdier on this version, because I will have to get this.

Anyone want a "used for display only" MP-03?

20. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Now that's better.

[​IMG]