New images of Animated Bumblebee and Animated Prowl w/ comparison pics!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dreweido, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Damn right.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

No sir, I dun like em. Easy pass on both BB and Prowl for me. BB's just too damn big to be the "cute little buddy" bot (classics BB does that better imo) and I'm just not a fan of Prowl *or* deluxe size bike formers. Starscream and Bulkhead look good though, so I'll probably hunt them down.

Though what's this talk of a *leader* bulkhead? Is that just mis-informed wishful thinking or is that actually something that may actually happen?

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nope, it's been confirmed that there's a leader-class Bulkhead in the pipeline.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where was that?

5. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

This has to be a bad dream, just has to be.

6. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty cool! Think I might have to get these

7. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Ugh, agreed. The cartoon is... acceptable, though I don't really like the art style. It's slicker, but lacks the scope of (and, yes, sophistication) of a lot of the G1 cartoon. It aims low and hits the target, where the G1 episodes went for the long shot and missed sometimes.

As for the designs... the robots hardly look like robots. There's nothing... grand or imposing about any of them. And while they may be well designed, they seem to go out of their way to hide that design proficiency, if that makes any sense.

Anyway. For those who enjoy them, I hope you continue to do so. I just don't understand the comparison. They may be about characters with the same names, but the toy designs are as far as we've ever gotten from the G1 aesthetic. Even Beast Wars is closer.

And the tone of the show is way different as well... I'd place it somewhere around Energon for being farthest away from the tone of G1. So what makes it "the new G1"? The fact that you like it and it has similarly named characters?

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Nope. The fact that it has the characters.

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Saying it's "THE NEW G1" or "WHAT G1 SHOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE" should offend majority of the fandom. If it doesn't then something is seriously wrong.

Yeah! Back in 84-86 Blackarachnia & Bulkhead were my favorite characters!

:wtf: ​

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No it shouldn't.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Replace the 'aj' in 'majority' with 'in', then you might be getting somewhere.

That being out of the way, I think I've seen plenty of BB and Prowl. I wanna Ratchet prototype picture damnitt! Better yet, a Blitving proto, or better images of Leader Earth Megatron.

12. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Bulkhead doesn't look like big enough.... hmmmm.

I still want them all sooner than the "summer" release date... HASBRO, did you hear our wish??

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

They are nice looking, and really true to their cartoon looks. But I can't justify to myself buying them, as they are really made for kids with such esthetics. I get snyde remarks enough as it is.

14. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    ^Agreed. I prefer TFs which share an aesthetic with the majority of my collection - and Animated TFs are just way, way too different. The only two Animated TFs I am vaguely interested in are Prowl and Lockdown - and if I do buy them, they will end up being displayed in behicle mode all the time.

15. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I totally agree with you except that I wont be buying any of these toys because they don't fit with the rest of my collection. I thought they had made a Cyclonus and that would have been my only down fall, but they did not make one with that line so again I will not be purchasing anything for animated.

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Dreams are very personal things.

17. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Riiiight. I know more TF collectors NOT buying these than ever before. Myself included. I like the show, the toys are decent and I might cave to pick them up when I see them in person. But G1 should have looked like cartoony unrealistic vehicles instead of perfect Vehicles like Lambo's, Corvettes, and Porsche's? Riiiiiiiight, ALTS are what G1 should have been.

18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, I thought my wallet would escape this like, but I am really liking bumblebee and prowl. And where are all the gee wun fans to scream outcry at all the comparisons of Animated being the new G1...its decent from the first episode i saw, but i would hardly call this the new G1

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

While I'll agree the robots don't seem "robotic" enough, and the 'tone' of the show is different, I can't agree that it lacks the "scope and sophistication" of the original G1, nor that it aims lower then a show that intentionally created one of the most powerful subgroup of transformers to be a bunch of wild, selfish idiots after a trip to the museum. This new series is written in a much more mature, intelligent, coherant and serious way, even if it is formulaic. The production values all around in this series are much higher then anything in G1.

But again, I'll agree that the robots just don't sit well with me, but that's more a problem with the art style however then anything else, as I'm sure Prime would look *badassed* in a more conventional art stye. And I will also admit that the 'tone' of the show is different from G1 in that G1 had times where you knew they were at war and it wasn't just a bunch of super heros doing super heroic things. With it's large initial, and ever expanding cast of characters, you saw that there was a lot going into these fights...even if they were accomplished with a cheesy story and simple animation.

...yea, no. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean *anyone* should be offended by it.

I think he means more to the fact that we're getting decent character development and that each one feels like a unique bot as opposed to the past A/E/C trilogy. But RiD and Beastwars did a good job of accomplishing this as well, infact I feel Beastwars did it better as the character specific stories in animated feel a little forced to me so far. But if it's anything like Teen Titans(which it is) that will get better over time.

I'll agree somewhat, but honestly, I actually like it when some bots just don't match up. I personally split my collection into two major camps, the "Collectables" which can be just about anything I like so there is no need forany kind of common asthetic, and the "toys" which mix all the different series together for one, big, mixed bag of coolness. And while most of the robots fit in well with each other, some just look like they're from a completely different toyline (which is technically true) as they have little to nothing in common with my other figs. And any Animated figures I get will certainly fall into that "Toy" category and while they may look different, it won't be any different then it is mixing my Armada figures with my Classic figures with my Movie figures.

However, BB will not be mixed into anything as I'm just not that fond of his mold.

20. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

If the story gets more serious and dark, like JLU did, even the crazy style could work. G1 has the movie though, and we'll never get a more mature and violent TF show than that (unless God, Hasbro, or a Genie grant my wish) which will always make G1 the best. The comics are as close as we get.