New Image of DOTM Mirage - From DOTM Game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Toxicon, May 25, 2011.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Mirage looks cool (seen him before, also in movie shot at Cannes and from the children's book), he has his own style in that his parts look a bit gooey, but still I can't help but feel he looks a bit generic if you put him in between Bumblebee and Sideswipe. It's like he fits some sort of standard design mold...

2. Shockwave is definitely not purple here. I know it looks like he's still a bit purple in the latest movie trailer, but more and more I think it's because of some light source and not because he still retains a bit of color. Seems like they drained all of his color since the previous teaser..which is too bad, because it leaves us with yet another dull grey movie Decepticon...I hope I'm wrong! :) 

3. The Warpath design from the DOTM game is cool, but he really is waaaay too blocky compared to the movie designs. Just take a look at the trailer, there's a scene where he transforms, then right after it is a shot with Megatron (who I reckon is as big as, or maybe a bit bigger than, Warpath), and he's way, way more detailed. In short: Warpath just doesn't really fit in :( 

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Why is Bumblebee so huge? From these screenshots and the trailer he's been almost the same height as Megatron and Shockwave.
    More confirmation here that there are two Megatron models, one ROTF and one DOTM.

Still, Crankcase is looking great. Shockwave is in need of a bit more colour, or any.

Hoping the final roster isnt going to be the characters we've seen so far. I'd really like the Wreckers or at the very least Roadbuster to be available.

3. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Mirage looks simply, in one word, BADASS!!!

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Shocky is playable? My excitement for this game just increased. :D 

Oh, and Mirage looks amazing.

5. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

my interest had been decidedly flat about the DOTM game after reading about the single-player character limitations and the (admittedly not confirmed) short sounding nature of the campaign... I'm more a ROTF game fan then WFC, so I just didn't think we'd get the sense of scale in the DOTM game as we had with scaling buildings and slipping through side streets in the ROTF multiplayer...

...until now that is - this DOTM multiplayer reveal has done wonders to get me hyped about it and may now become a day 1 purchase.
    Really hope they give us an extensive list of characters to choose from however, there are alot of movie designs to work off not just the same core characters rolled out again.

On a side note, as these new batch of pics are all from the multiplayer side, who's the con/bot that Mirage is knockin into shite? Anyone recognise them?

And has it been confirmed how many players can enter a multiplayer match?

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm starting to wonder if he was at first going to be gray, and that they only decided somewhere late in production to actually make him purple. Would explain why he's gray in the game and on the poster that's actually in theaters, but not in the trailers or on the poster that was released online.

As to why the toy is purple...Maybe they decided to do that as a fan treat, and then have a later repaint (or eventual leader class) be more movie accurate.

7. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

To answer my own question... it appears to be a silver version of one of the stunticon-esque drone/soldiers as seen in previous images (see an earlier image of Ironhide blasting a lime green coloured soldier for a direct back v back comparison)

So now we have to wonder if that's a single-player screenshot or if they have introduced these guys as selectable in multiplayer, similar to how Protectobot and Aerialbot were introduced in ROTF multi.
    Might make sense as a scout option for the 'Cons... who else from DOTM would class as a scout aside from Crankcase? Perhaps Soundwave is now scout-ish in his Merc alt-mode?

Let the guessing begin!

8. AppleCideswipe

AppleCideswipe Well-Known Member

For those Mirage fans out there, you can get another quick glance at him killing someone (blink and you'll miss it) at 51 secs.

Another note: I think that is Shockwave in Tank form at 45 sec.

9. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I smell fake alt mode parts.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Off-topic, but your sig hates fun. :( 

I think that will be DLC if anything.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Of couse it is. It's Highmoon Studios. Any game they make is awesome. (Drools as plays WFC)

I kinda want them to make a TF Prime game now....

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    This game is going to rock! Man Crankcase, Warpath, Sideswipe and of course Shockwave. I am so going to get this game done deal. Mirage looks wicked to, can't wait to see a toy of him. :thumbs2: 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mirage is awesoem. Deffinately one of the sleekest designs. Also holy fuck we actually see Crankcase's real robot mode.

ME TOO.

Perspective makes fools of us all.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mirage is awesome looking. Hoping for the toy now.

15. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Eh, Mirage looks a bit bland...not much setting him apart from the other movieverse sportscar-bots, IMO. Now I want to see a clear shot of Wheeljack.

16. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Granted, it's only one picture, but the way the windows are situated behind Mirage's back, I can't help but think of the deluxe toys for Sideways & Dead End. It doesn't really mean much, but I have such a distaste for those two, that I have a hard time getting excited for Mirage at the moment.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because nobody has done the doors-on-back thing before Sideways.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Renders are very nice. Optimus and Breakaway vs Shockwave and Megatron in front of an erupting volcano. Epicness.

That's the other problem... it's already been done a zillion times before.

In a lotta ways I'm finding myself more interested in the Wrecker designs, even if they look like they're probably stereotypes. But they seem to have innovative transformations. Look where Leadfoot's doors end up. Don't think I've ever seen that done before, and yet it seems so obvious.

yep. I was just googling the Ferrari altmode, and as far as I can see, very little matches up. I presume those are supposed to be the rearview mirrors on his shoulders. Maybe it's just the low-res game model or maybe it's something else, but they look off-model.

Also, I know they always do this on movie botmodes, but it seems particularly jarring for a red ferrari's parts to be that scuffed up. Somehow it's at odds with the slick design.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toxicon thanks! Hope to see you online in this! Now I need to go back to WFC to train. I'm rusty.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Killer.