New Ideas for HASBRO Reissues!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by The-Return2005, Jul 21, 2007.

1. The-Return2005

The-Return2005 The last Sayian on Earth

With the success of soundwave im in hope that hasbro will produce more reissues. Only any new reissue would have to add something new in order to boost the demand for it. Just like they did with soundwave by adding a larger chest plate and including ravege and lazerbeak. Does anyone have any suggestions on any reissue they'd like to see or any new features that could be added to it??

MY suggestionswould be:

G1 combiners (with thy're scales raised just like these)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=110950
    minibots (slightly raised scale)
    Dinobots (raised scale)
    sharkticon (2-pack)
    jetfire (cartoon accurate head)
    ratchet (raised scale and cartoon accurate head)
    ironhide (raised scale and cartoon accurate head)
    wheeljack (with sparkplug, wrench and redesigned hands to hold it)
    shockwave (smaller scale)
    cassette tapes (4-pack)
    reflector (cartoon color accurate)
    bumble bee (with slightly raised scale and spike)

2. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Problem is, Hasbro hasn't molded anything new for reissue Soundwave (AFAIK). It's just a repainted Soundblaster.

Repainted G1 molds and two-packs they could possibly do, but i doubt they would realisticly modify anything else, like heads and hands and especially scale.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The word licensing comes to mind.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    reissues are done from hasbro as far as we know.

takara's rebooting the re-issue line with Encore, so we'll just have to see how that goes.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

The dinobots we will never see, unless Takara redoes the molds. They have been lost or destroyed. I think the same is true with Wheeljack. Jetfire will never be reissued because of it being owned here by Harmony gold. And the combiners have been knocked off so many times, it would not be worth it for them to be reissued. For the others we would have to see, though as the previous post stated Takara is doing some reissues now. That might be the best bet for getting them.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Wheeljack's mold is gone. Besides, SW was a repaint. The remolds you suggested are way too extreme to be cost effective.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    like I say in all these reissue threads.... LIOKAISER!!

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Come on Takara,DINOBOTS!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The Dinobot molds are gone. They can't be reissued.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Reissues of Japanese-only molds is what I was hoping for when the reissue line was going on through TRU. IIRC, this was at one point being discussed before the cancelation of the line. Oh, how I'd love to see Overlord!

The main problem I'd see is that while these characters/toys may be popular with fans such as us, the mass appeal would be what Hasbro would ultimately look at I'd imagine. *sigh*

11. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

For reissues, I'd like to see:

A three-pack of original Rattrap, Airazor, and Terrorsaur (the three Basics from the show) because I never owned Rattrap and Airazor, and the Terrorsaur I got was in a lot and has no robot-mode legs and no weapon. Also, a reissue of Scorponok from Beast Wars is a must as well, as mine is badly damaged lol.

And yeah I wasn't sure if this is supposed to be G1-only, but heck, Beast Wars IS my G1 :p 

12. godsenddeath

News Credits:
    Although earlier TFC items sold well, some of the later ones such as Stepper didn't do so well. Those expecting Takara to reissue some of the less well known/Japanese exclusive items may be in for a disappointment. It's a fairly safe bet that the Encore line will stick to early characters who had a high profile in the first two or three seasons of the cartoon.

Between the absence of a full set of 6 in the late G1 Rescue Force repaints and the Testron (high quality) bootleg, it's quite widely speculated that at least some of the molds used for Liokaiser are missing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Aside from Predaking, they aren't being reissued due to the abundance of knock-offs

The molds have been lost.

This mold belongs to Bandai and was only used on lease. Hasbro and Takara have no chance in hell of using it again.

This mold has also been lost, as have Mirage and Sunstreaker.

This is another leased mold that Hasbro and Takara can't use again.

14. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Have Target expand their 'Sector Seven' repaint line to include a Voyager named 'Megaman II', an exhaustive attempt to replicate and improve upon NBE1 by giving it more humanish features, four modes (robot, dragon, drill tank, and flying drill tank/gun ship). Once built and given a computer brain to accept orders only from the acting President and high ranking Sector Seven officials, and whose primary programming is to capture and subdue NBE's, the robot was infused with a 'life-pulse' from the Cube. Unfortunately, Megaman II's programing was not enough to overcome the innate impulses, desires and ambitions that come with life, and Sector Seven was forced to put their greatest achievement into cryo-stasis, where he remained until the Decepticon Hardtop, who had infiltrated Sector Seven, discovered his existence and freed him.

The mold is of course BW2 Galvatron. The gun ship mode is simply the drill tank with the wings extended, which is admittedly a weak mode, but honestly, it's no worse than how the alt mode of the Movie Megatron toys have been executed.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Galvatron's "Drill mode" scares me.

Still, you have a point about using repaints to "reissue" older figures. Like the Combaticons in RID?

16. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Wasn't Soundwave's mold lost as well as the Dinobots? But they found a way.

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

If they change the scale it becomes a new mold and would cease to be a reissue. And any G1 mold that isn't in Takara's pocession isn't getting reissued. The way it seems to work is that;
    -Takara does a run of reissues on a G1 mold they still have.
    -Hasbro then has the option of getting some of run to stock in their markets.

So reissuing Shockwave and Jetfire is 3 kinds of impossible. They aren't Takara products. If Hasbro wanted to reissue Jetfire they'd have to get a new run of the Valkyrie mold they leased from Bandai. You do realize that Jetfire, Omega Supreme, and I think Shockwave were never released in Japan. Being as they were porduced by Takara's competition.

EDIT: Shockwave was in fact released in Japan.

18. _Soundwave_

_Soundwave_ I am listening

News Credits:
    I would have liked to see a reissue of Shockwave or a MP Shockwave. Just to bad the mold was on loan. He was one of my favorite characters.

19. godsenddeath

News Credits:
    IIRC, Soundwave's mold was damaged rather than lost.

Strictly speaking TFC Soundwave was Sounblaster with some retooling - see the exposed chest hinges.

The encore version however seems to have the original front section with concealed hinges.

Shockwave was released in Japan, but off the top of my head i think it was the one exception to that rule.

20. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I'm not aware anyone has considered it a success from a business standpoint. I think overall Hasbro & TRU have been rather disappointed in the re-issues. Many of them ended up on some pretty deep clearance. I don't think anyone was making money selling Hoists at $5.

If Takara drives some new re-issues, maybe we'll see something, but I wouldn't get hopes up. Hasbro already has a pretty full plate between the movie, new series toys and Classics 2.