(New?) Hi-res Screenshots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I think WETA are an almost dead cert to win it next year, thanks to their work on the new Planet of the Apes film. I won’t mind that much, because they do deserve it more, IMO. Some of the stuff in that film was exceptional.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Unfortunately this is not far from the truth. If TF lost to polar bears last time, I'm sure monkeys in a chaotic environment will take a lead this time.

.Personally I think it's more challenging to create something that doesn't exist in the real world, but fooling the audience with CG so it looks like it may be possible. That's what transformers did, it pushed the the boundaries furhter, with each film.
    A lot of people know this but the oscars is a totally different dimension.
    Michael Bay/ILM/DD created something that no one thought was possible, and the last film was just a dream come true.

So I ask, how many times have you seen monkeys running wild?

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i love the screenshots expecially the one where megs is seting down! i want the are they going to come out with dino, and the trash compacter and the fire truck????? cause those are the ones we saw in the DARK OF THE MOON!

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's just a few too many things going "against" DotM at the Oscars than RotPofA.

-DotM is a sequel.
    -Not only that, but it's a sequel to a previously nominated VFX film.
    -(Relatively) low quality film (some might say).
    -I'm sure that many would consider having Bay's name attached will affect the decision.

-RotPotA is not a sequel.
    -It features extensive organic creature work, something the Academy is fond of.
    -Compared to DotM, it received way better critical reviews.
    -IT'S WETA freakin' DIGITAL.

Odds aren't in our favour, folks. As a Transformers fan, of course I'd love to see DotM win. But I won't cry if RotPofA wins, as both films deserve to be nominated. :)  And if DotM can succeed in getting nominated, then I'll be happy.

5. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apes. :wink: 

I think ILM should have won the award for the first film. The fact that they didn't is a joke and shows the academy for what it really is. I’ve never taken the academy seriously ever since what they did with the LOTR films. The first two winning nothing of real value, and then giving eleven awards to the final entry? A joke. How thick do the academy think people are? Everyone knows the first one should have won Best Film and Peter Jackson should have won Best Director for it.

I will like it if ILM finally win it this time, but Planet of the Apes had some amazing stuff. Making the everyday look photo-real is harder than aliens and robots, IMO. As we all know, one of the hardest things to do with CGI is hair. WETA made it look easy. There were shots and moments where you could have sworn you were looking at real apes. I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but Caesar’s orangutan friend looked 100% real, IMO.

6. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Take another look at the those bears...

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This isn't the toy discussion....plus,by "Trash compactor" do you mean Garbage truck???? :banghead:  :rolleyes2 

9. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the shot of Bee and Wave. Pure awesome.

10. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Here's an image of Optimus with his shield that I converted to 3D using GIMP.
    I'll try to get more up sometime soon. I'd tried the screenshot with Optimus and Sentinel, but it didn't look too good.

But here's Optimus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Wow that looks niicce! Thnx for postin that :thumb 

12. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Do you think Rise of the Apes conquered the dead-eye look like some Mocap movies have? Avatar did that.