New here.....and look what Ive found

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Max M Webster, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I told my wife I got a real Red Alert to replace my KO one, my 8 year old son chimed in "Can I have the knock off?" :lol  Sure, son!

• Like Like x 1
  2. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is a subject I have brought up a few times here on the forums...Provenance. In many hobbies, provenance is important...coins, paper money, meteorites.
    I won an item and would prefer the sticker on the box, as long as it is on the back.
    An easy to remove auction sticker can allow anyone to just slap it on an item not from this auction and fraudulently sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I almost bid on that SS to use in my Beast Wars display behind Waspinator as a nod to the episode where he took his body, but I didn't look close enough to realize he was missing parts.

4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

$5 for the whole lot ... consider it a favor for getting them off your hands! :) 

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I made somebody overpay for that G2 Starscream. Not on purpose, they were just determined to get it at above ebay prices.

6. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to get the four original Seekers although ya'll made me work for it.;) 

7. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah prices went higher this auction.

-

8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I wish I'd remembered the first auction. There was some great stuff that went up for that one.

9. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my shipping notice and tracking number!

10. CaptJagged

CaptJagged Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel bad, someone tried to snipe me on the Road King, they must've been confused when three minutes got added on. I legit felt bad, they would've sniped it, too...

11. CaptJagged

Max would have to comment, but I'd bet more people were aware of the auction this time around.

12. Logos Minor

Logos Minor Enabler

News Credits:
    Same. Looking at those first two auctions I might have scored good deals and flesh out my Scourge/Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy shelf

13. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that Road King sit at $100 until the last day which gave me hope for whenever Ranger goes up...but nah!

First auction had a Carnivac go for $9 which is kind of nuts. This one was more in line with Ebay which is a bummer but understandable.

My wallet is hoping the next round isn't until February...

14. Max M Webster

Max M Webster Well-Known Member

Yeah..... momentum is building. We've got a dedicated group of about 125 people who are participating. Obviously I'd love more..... but it is what it is.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it! I hope everyone is happy with the things they are getting. We've listened to your feedback and have made the changes we think we need to on our end to ensure you'll get the best possible product in your hands. Obviously the stickers on this round will be the same, but we've already begun photographing next round and have changed the process on all that.

That said.... next round will end (most likely) 12 February. Should something change in there, it will be pushed back to 19 February. But I'm really going to shoot for that 12 Feb date.

• Like Like x 2
  15. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    The auctions have awesome listings, and people have finally noticed they are missing good stuff!
    Unfortunately I was one of those who found out about the auctions too late! I missed the first auction and I could not bid on the Starscream Legends, which I've been looking for ages...
    And it went for a great price! Still hurts...:( 

16. Max M Webster

As of last night everyone should have gotten invoices with shipping totals.

I listened and did my best to cut down on shipping costs for everyone. One fella I managed to get his costs down by 28% with exploring other options. Unfortunately, boxes and materials are expensive. The scale I'm dealing with here...... I've bought 10 packages of styrofoam peanuts. That's enough to fill my van..... twice. With this latest round I'll have shipped over 100 boxes to 32 states and 5 countries (countries are pending as some are held until they get more stuff in later rounds). Over $500 has been spent in shipping supplies alone. From boxes to peanuts to baggies to bubble wrap.....you get the gist. It's a bigger undertaking than most people would like to try and automate. Personally...... I love it! *LOL*

Anyway.... if you haven't responded back to your invoice, I'll be charging the remaining cards tomorrow. Only 4 orders left to process so that may not apply to anyone here.

17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I received my package today!

Good gravy do you pack those peanuts in there! I couldn't believe how many were in there. Too bad I'm not a MISB person, because the packing was so great, I almost felt bad opening things... :lol 

Now onto round 3!

18. CaptJagged

Mine showed up today as well, and it must have been extremely satisfying how well the boxes all Tetris-ed together to fit exactly in there!

19. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today as well. Holy cow do you have this down pat.

Each bagged lot wrapped in bubble wrap, peanuts, and space left in the box. Not to mention invoiced, shipped, and delivered in three days. Holy moly.

Superb.

Any teases on what to expect in round three Max?

20. Max M Webster

Teehee! I love hearing that we over did it! I sent a box BIGGER than yours to one guy who won 2 Star Wars figures to the tune of $22,000. They were LOOSE 3 3/4" jobbers and I made sure they were nuke proof before they left my hands.

Glad you like everything!

You have NO clue how gratifying that is to close the box without an inch to spare. :D 

Thanks man! For the next round I'm going to hold a contest for unboxing with an auction credit prize just so I can show people that these things are no joke when I ship them!

Next round...... probably another of the 2ft tall guys. Some Diaclones most likely. A couple of in the box Headmasters, plenty of loose goodness and more of the boxed stuff we've been seeing. Shooting for another 250ish lots.

• Like Like x 2