New Harry Potter theme park

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omegatron, May 31, 2007.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    JK Rowling's prized creation will soon be part of a theme park, as seen here. For those who haven't visited Univeral Orlando before, it consists of two parks, Universal Studios (home of movie attractions like The Mummy, Terminator 2 #-D, Shrek 4-D, and others) and Universal Islands of Adventures, which is divided into themed lands each having their own set of attractions, like Marvel Comics Land (featuring the Hulk coaster and the mind-blowingly good Spiderman ride), Jurassic Park, Dr. Seuss land, and more. Seems Harry and friends will be another themed land, which is good- I'd rather not pay extra just to go to Harry Potter world. I wonder if the 'Dueling Dragons' coaster will be incorporated into Potterland.

-Tony!

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They better make a new coaster. Hulk and DD are getting old.

I don't pay $250 for my annual pass for nothing!

3. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But, hey...free TNA wrestling, right? And the Mummy still kicks ass.

4. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope that Harry kicks butt, because I am still not over loosing Back to the Future. It is still my favorite theme park ride of all time.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oh dear god... JK Rowling's going to let Universal Studios Florida have a Harry Potter theme park? Dang... I wanted to be the first author to have a park based on her books... of course, that's even IF I ever get my novel rewritten and have it published.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Potter is overrated.

7. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perhaps...but when you're the biggest and best selling of anything, there will be people that say you're overrated. Truthfully, though, I don't think Potter is overrated. It's the best-selling children's series of all time, and a hit with adults, because they're well-written, intriguing books. Sure, J.K. Rowling could probably use a slightly stronger editor (trimming book 5 would've been good), but they're quite an enjoyable read, great for kids just getting into novels, with a highly imaginitive world that's still relatable to our own. I caught on just after the 2nd book was released (I was working in a bookstore at the time, and didn't know what the fuss was about).

Anyway, I'll have much more fun in Harry Potter Land than I would in, say, Tom Clancy World, Dickenstopia, or the upcoming 'Jane Austen' park.

-Tony!
    Of course, 'Harlan Ellison Land' might be intriguing.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Unless every worker speaks in a painfully forced and fake English accent I won't be going.

Actually thats a lie, I will be going if I get the chance, but I do want to hear fake american/English accents.