New Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:

Saw that this had leaked out while at Mugglenet. Really good trailer, imo. The ending is really funny. I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. The delay was a little disappointing, but quite easy to get over. I'm kinda interested to see what Lego comes up for this one. If they come up with a set for the cave scene I'll probably get it. You can tell this trailer was made a good couple of months ago, as it still says this year. They'll probably have an updated version for when the officially release it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Looking better than the previous film.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

When is this coming out again, summer?

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, they pushed it back to July for some stupid reason. It was originally scheduled for November.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This only makes me sad that the Hobbit is so far away.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Looking forward to this.

7. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Oh thanks dude! It was my favourite book out of the series, and I've kind of forgotten all about the movies. It looks promising.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No problem :D 

As for the reasons behind the delay, I think they were well within reason to do so. I'd rather them take some more time to finish it than rush it to make some fans "happy". Even then the fans would probably have complained about the quality of it, as they would have rushed it to meet their original date. To put it simply TF fans and HP fans have some things in common. Both groups have a certain amount of people that purposefully look for things to complain about, and that's pretty much all they do. On a side note, my favorite book and movie are both currently OotP, but my favorite movie could very well change to HBP, as this is looking AMAZING so far. I hope Noblecollection makes replicas of all the horcruxes and deathly hallows. Though some would be easier to make than others, so some would probably have to be little statues or something.

9. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Im I the only one who hates these movies? This might be better because ive hear that they're making it two parts.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's actually the 7th book that they are making into two parts (Deathly Hallows).

11. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

The word from the test screenings was not good.

Whether that has anything to do with the release date being pushed back is not my place to say...

Plus what's The Burrow doing on fire? That must be a newly created bit of story...

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I heard of the test screenings, it was pretty good. Though it really depends on the opinion of the person reporting on it. The attack on the Burrow is an added bit of story, but it makes sense, imo. Also, they didn't actually test screen the movie until after they had made the decision to delay the movie.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    So there will be even MORE pointless walking around in woods with nothing happening? Joy.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, not really. It's the fact that there is so many important scenes in the book that one movie wouldn't be enough to cover everything. That and the book is built in a way that it can easily be split into two separate stories. In the end I'd rather them make two decently paced movies than one extremely rushed movie. I think they've been doing really good so far with them. Yeah they have cut out some interesting bits from the books (like S.P.E.W.), but I understand why they cut those things. Basically I trust the judgment of the people making the movies to make a great movie that is faithful enough to the books withought dragging on and becoming boring, thus ruining the movie watching experience.

15. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that they shouldn't have put it in the summner because TF2 will probably steam roll it. They should release it in th end of winter/beginning of fall

16. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That trailer looks awesome!:D 

From what I've heard, I thought the film was delayed so that it would have better financial success in the Summertime. But if it's so that it can be of better quality, and not purely for money, than I guess I feel a little better about the delay.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    WB has released another trailer. Unfortunetly the only youtube version I've found has no audio. Though if you can, you can download a copy of it from here:

MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Fansite - Deathly Hallows, Half-Blood Prince, JK Rowling, and much more

Honestly, the Harry Potter movies have a big enough fan base behind them that they really don't have to worry about other movies all that much. Not that TF2 won't have a decent success, just that it really has no way, imo at least, of affecting another HP movies success.

From what I've heard there are actually several different factors that went into the decision. These are the ones I can think of atm:

1. Due to the writers strike, they had to delay pre-production. The delay of the movie itself gave them some more time to finish up production, and gives them some more time for post production.

2. To give Twilight it's own chance to shine. As it was HP#6 would have more than likely put a big shadow over Twilight.

3. Financial reasons. May seem a bit bad to us, but it makes perfect sense from a companies perspective. Summer movies have been known to do better than fall/winter movies (depending on the movie itself some times). It's the same reason that both the first and now the second TF movies are being released in the Summer.

Edit: Found one on youtube that works, and have added it to the first post :D 

Really good trailer imo. Would be kinda nice to see this playing before Twilight when that comes out in theatres.

18. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

A dogturd used as a film screen to show "Manos" would outshine "Twilight"....

19. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Thank you so much for sharing the second trailer with us! :D 

I like it more than the first, especially since it looks more epic...and dark.:eek: 

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Please, let's not make this into a Twilight argument. It's bad enough people had to bitch and moan about it in the thread meant to discuss it. Let's try and keep this thread at least at a neutral tone, if not a positive one.

No problem, and this is actually the third. Second officially released, but third overall. Fourth if you include the teaser that was just one of Dumbledore's lines and the logo.