New Guide to the Marvel Universe.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gryph, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I checked the newest installment of this yesterday and it's pretty cool. This one has many obscure characters in it, including both Deathshead 1&2.

Deathshead 1 had a particularly interesting entry. It talks about his adventures in the Marvel TF universe. It actually names five specific transformers, Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus, and Unicron. The Marvel TF universe also officially has a designation now. It is (if I remember correctly) universe 127102.

I'd have to guess Marvel is on good terms with Hasbro and IDW and were given permission to use the names.

Oh, and he also aparently had a run in with Dr. Who.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Well, it's pretty obvious that Marvel and Hasbro are on the same page, since Hasbro (starting next year) has the license for the Marvel Legends toys ;) 

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I did indeed notice that; and I loved that they did, makes me wish that IDW and Marvel would collaborate on an Official Handbook of the Marvel TF Universe, featuring all the characters human and otherwise that appeared from Issue #1-80 and the G2 series as well, they could even include a seperate title just for GIJoe and Cobra.

And I say why the hell not; it'd be nice to get an updated Universe style title for the old Marvel run, sure there's no new material to add for the most part, but it would offer more detailed information on the cast of human characters like G.B Blackrock, Josie Beller, Thunderpunch, Dynamo, Rapture and the like... Hell they could even do a Peter Parker/Spider-Man blurb detailing his history on that Earth and why he not only was the only mainstream Marvel hero involved on the TFs Earth, but also why he never reappeared after meeting Gears in Issue #3.

If they can ressurect history for characters like Deaths Head 1 & 2, Demolition Man, Copperhead, Diamondhead and all those other characters that never seem to get featured in Team specific books or the like, then they could certainly do the same for reality... Whatever you said it was, because I can't remember... After all I don't know about anybody else, but The All New Official Handbook to the Marvel Transformers/GIJoe Universe would probably sell just as well as all the other Official Handbooks, us comic geeks simply go gaga over profile/information/whatever you want to call it books.

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I couldn't believe Demolition Man was in there either. That guy was the worst hero ever. Marvel should have used him in the 90s to poke fun at all the Wolverine copycats that were popping up.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Flipped through it. Saw that they had a profile for the Demogoblin in there. I found that odd as he's been dead for years and according to the profile, that hasn't changed.

I thought Demo was cool and all, just seems like a pointless entry.