New Goldbug upgrade kit from Beelzeboss coming soon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by payton34, Jul 9, 2011.

1. steamsixliner

steamsixliner Well-Known Member

Just picked up a golden bee at BBTS. That PoL is starting to become a problem. Where am I going to put all of it?

2. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

Too bad he has a Bumblebee head that isn't even blue. Even at $10, it's not worth it as is. I'm grateful we get options to elevate our figures to be even closer to what we want them to be, rather than settle for a half assed version.

Because Legends are pathetically small. Completely out of scale, weak articulation. Maybe not all Minibots should be Deluxe, but none of them should be Legends size. Screw forcing characters into ridiculously tiny figures based on 30 year old size classes. And when people think gold, they relate shinyness to it, hence shiny United Bumblebee being used by shot of people as Goldbug.

3. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I agree on the Legends being small, I do not think they are 'pathetically' small (although they are too small for me to consider them 'minibots'). Their primary limit would be their limited posability due to the lowered price point, wouldn't you say?
    I also have no desire for deluxe minibots, I always liked the fact that there was a wide range of sizes in the toys and characters and everything being deluxe bores me. Now, myself, I like the scout-class bracket for my 'minibots' such as Powerglide, bumblebee, etc. This is however my preference, and I can understand that other people may have a different opinion.

Also, I do not think of shinyness when I think of gold, simply as an aside. I think of a very distinct wavelength of the warm color spectrum^^ And... your pardon... but I'm not certain I understand the final portion of your sentence 'being used by shot of people as Goldbug' ?

As I was introduced to Goldbug in a rather roundabout manner, I was not initially aware when I was reading the comics that Goldbug was Bumblebee, thus he has always been a different character in my mind and I rather like the United mold for him, I especially love the blue-green color of his windows and headlights^^

4. J Gargoyle220

J Gargoyle220 Well-Known Member

Yeah, some incarnations have a little more blue though. Looks better with more blue anyway since the G1 toy was so ridiculously simple, and the Classics Bumblebee mold isn't.

5. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Might get this. If anything, because it could make for a cool battle armor for Bumblebee. I don't really care about Goldbug.

6. Quantum Reflex

Quantum Reflex Well-Known Member

It is too expensive, how can you justify that price?. Even as an avid Bee & Bug collector You'd think I'd be the one who can Justify the price.... Sadly not - $30 for a head and a gun that doesn't even exist - adding a gun is a poor attempt to Justify the price. Get rid of the gun and lower the price to $10/15. Don't treat collectors as dumb cash cows.

7. sh002

sh002 Banned

i thought i saw another company making one too.

8. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be Venksta of renderform. That's the one I'm waiting for.

9. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I must admit that now that I've seen Venksta's (I wasn't aware Renderform's would be making one as well) I'll be getting that one instead of the Beelzeboss.

10. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will this shade of yellow match RTS BB? It seemed lighter and more geared towards classics BB.

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    The one from Beezelboss probably won't match any as he has no yellow on this head (he shouldn't).

That one is meant to match the United figure any way. Not sure what Renderform's is supposed to match (I believe there was some yellow on the face).

Randy

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
  13. CheifMagnum84

CheifMagnum84 Active Member

Think there's any chance of Beezelboss doing more than just heads? For instance, think Goldbug could use a crew . . . THROTTLEBOTS!, Coughs. lol. Would defo buy them all. :D 

14. Buzzetta

Buzzetta Well-Known Member

Just ordered my United Bumblebee off of eBay right now actually... I have wanted one of these or something like it for awhile. Now to get the upgrade kit.

15. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    So it is just a new head and gun for $30? :thumbdown 

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Yeah, had to order a United Bee along with this, having a Classics Goldbug will be pretty awesome.

17. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is this info posted? I'd like to see Venksta's.

18. redguyver

redguyver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i am all over this lol

19. Buzzetta

Buzzetta Well-Known Member

Quick update for anyone that cares. lol

I did indeed put a preorder in on TFSource... This was the first time I ever bought a third party product and I have a smaller collection. While I though the price was a bit much I sucked it up and hit "confirm payment" as I usually do not spend much.

I look forward on receiving both the United Figure and the Upgrade kit.

20. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

i think i'll pick one up