New GI Joe & Star Wars listings on Hasbro's cust service site. Can anyone find TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BenjaminXavier, Oct 31, 2013.

1. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I like the sound of those Generations toys. While I don't really know that much about Jhiaxus, Brainstorm, Hardhead or Roadbuster, that Voyager Sky-Byte and Deluxe Arcee and Chromia will be bought on sight. The Leader Megatron and Jetfire also sound promising, and I hope they don't turn out to be repaints of the Revenge of the Fallen Leaders, I'd love a toy of Megatron's most recent design in the IDW comics.

2. Bad Spark

Bad Spark Active Member

Ok, late comer to this thread but no mention of Cyclonus? Or which vehicle Stinger is?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Since they're specifically labled with "30th" in their listings, I'll be very surprised if they aren't retools/repaints. The listings seem to indicate that they are two of the 30, and if I'm not mistaken, there's only been one of those announced to be it's own new mold, and that's the "fan made" Windblade.

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    No, afraid not. The characters found in the toy listings are:

AUTOBOTS:
    Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Hound ("Duke")
    Crosshairs ("Slingshot")
    Drift ("Bruce")

DINOBOTS:
    Grimlock ("Ivan")
    Slug/Slog ("Thunderlips")
    Snarl ("Starscream")
    Strafe ("Paulie")
    Scorn ("Southpaw")
    Slash ("Rocky")

DECEPTICONS:
    Galavtron ("Adrian")
    Lockdown ("Max")
    Stinger
    Wolf (ridden by Lockdown, and probably not a Dinobot given the name)

UNKNOWN:
    "Rally Car"

Thing is, none of the previous X of 30 releases have been part of Generations or been part of a size class assortment. They've all been standalone store or convention exclusives. Of course, things might change, but I wouldn't write off them being new toys just yet.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's true, but how else would you explain their listings? Also, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised if they turn out to be new molds, rather than dissapointed to see them turn out to be repaints.

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    pretty sure the TITAN listings are all those huge super ugly non-transformable action figures.

like the prime and bb shelf warming right now.

7. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone else see the listing for TRA Six Shot under the listing for MP Sideswipe?

8. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's likely the asian re-issue from last year.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    You know it would make a lot of sense.

Think about it in less than a year TF4 is going to hit theaters and kids are going to go ape shit over the Dinobots. So when they go to the toy isles and see not only the Dinobots from the movie but OTHER Dinobots chances are that they'll be "cool more Dinosaurs I want those as well!"

Plus if some of them are deluxes they could come with the Dark Cybertron issues and that would be great cross promotion considering how many fans have beem screaming for Dinobots other than Grimlock.

And it's great "parent trap". Kid says "buy me a Dinobot" and they might buy the comic-pack in because "you get a toy and a free comic" over a movie toy. It just sounds as a better deal to the non-TF fan parents who can't tell a difference between Prime, Movie and IDW Bumblebee!

Speaking of Dark Cybertron I have always found it a bit weird how in RID everyone switched over to their FOC models...yet the Dinobots were the only one who haven't and how are still using the IDW ones. Maybe Hasbro was working on IDW based Dinobots for some time now?

God I want that to be case. I want to see people LOSING THEIR SHIT because the sought after Dinobot toys end up as IDW Dinobots and the cartoon G1 squares.

10. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or it's simply IDW didn't have access to the Dinobot designs. The same for Prowl, Bluestreak or Broadside too. Looking at it, I think it's probable they didn't have access to the FoC designs and were using the ones from WfC.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Um...yes they do.

They FOC Dinobots are used in the Beast Hunter comic, Bluesctreak is in his unused WFC designs as was Prowl until what issue #16 or something when he changed body for story reasons.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only reason the main IDW continuity isn't using the FOC Dinobots designs is they're already using them for their Prime comics, and they want to keep those two things separate.

13. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm pretty sure the in-story logic behind the IDW Dinobots not upgrading is that they've become attached to their Earth modes, and the new bods that Wheeljack was handing out were all had Cybertronian alt-modes.

And I doubt Dark Cybertron will be packed in with any movie product - it'll almost certainly be limited to Thrilling 30 Generations. Though I wouldn't be surprised if IDW did new movieverse comics as pack-ins...

Actually, doing some checks, it seems the movie prequel series started in February for Dark of the Moon, so I'll be awaiting the next set of IDW solicits with great interest...

14. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm referring to the time frame when RID was being produced. which would be sometime in 2011. IDW probably didn't have access to High Moon's design work for the games and were probably using the designs from WfC. The BH comic was produced in 2013 when the designs for the Dinos had been already released on the internet.

The Bluestreak and Prowl designs aren't from the videogames. If you look at the design for Prowl from the FoC Art Book by High Moon, it isn't like the design that we see in RID. The same for Broadside.

15. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    RID's Prowl and Bluestreak designs are based on this concept art created for the DS version of WFC:

[​IMG]

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Didn't IDW specifically say that they won't be doing any TF4 stuff?

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ... I think that's the first time I've heard that.

18. Jalaguy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I remember Bay coming out with some BS about how there isn't going to be a comic adaptation to avoid spoilers (not that I think Hasbro/IDW give a fuck), but, yeah, I don't remember hearing that there'd be no TF4 comics full stop.

If there isn't, I'll be sad, since IDW's stuff made the movieverse way more interesting for me than it was otherwise...

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think I vaguely remember Bay saying that too.

I rarely give a shit about adaptions unless there are legit interesting alternate events that take place (like the DOTM ending) but I definitely wouldn't mind some prequel stuff.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People keep getting "Platinum Edition" confused with "X out of 30." ANYTHING Hasbro wants to specifically highlight as important to the 30th anniversary could be an "X out of 30." That is NOT the some thing as the "Generations Thrilling 30" line. But given the cross-promotional nature of "X out of 30" a toy, like Windblade, could be both "Thirlling 30" and "X out of 30."

Speaking of Windblade, she is known to be 30 out of 30 but this promotion is not reflected in her product code at all. It would be pretty unimportant for the code to designate this, but pretty important for it to reflect major differences in the styles of Leader-class projects. (I say projects because this tells us what Hasbro's worked on, not what absolutely will see release.)