New Ghost Rider series

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Anyone else been picking this up? I'm a whore for anything Mark Texeira works on, and this is one beautifully drawn book. The story's been pretty interesting so far. Johnny Blaze escapes from hell, but inadvertantly let's the Devil out too. Very nice to see Johnny back as GR. I have tons of old Blaze GR issues. Wasn't a big fan of Ketch.

The only confusing thing so far is that it is Johnny Blaze, but GR is the Danny Ketch/GR outfit.

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I've picked up the first couple issues and enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to see where it goes.

3. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I loved the Ketch series because of the Texiera art, I was bummed when he left after issue 24. Texiera's ghost rider was probably the first marvel comic I collected other than Transformers and GI Joe when I was a kid, it had to be the cover art to issues 13 and 15 that hooked me.

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

So far its been good, I wish we could get a dan ketch story though, or atleast an explaination as to how johnny became the ghost rider again.

5. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I've heard that issue 5 is going to explain where Danny is. I'm loving this book. Even if I wasn't one of the few people who loves Way's writing then Texiera's art would probably be enough to keep me buying. Unless the story was incredibly bad. But I digress. I especially love the opening page of #2, whith the almost water color looking GR in the background and Johnny on his bike in the foreground. I was never a huge GR fan before this. I had seen his FF cartoon appearance, so I knew his basic MO, but I most got the first issue because I'm a new comics reader who likes to jump on any #1 just in case the series is good and I really lucked out.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

It seems like I read somewhere that they weren't the same Ghost Rider, as in they had different powers/demon attached to them.

After reading the first issue of the new series, I was totally lost on what was going on.... until the second issue. Good stuff.

Also, at my comic shop, we all thought Daniel Way was just a pen name for Garth Ennis since their writing is so similar. Way is a good choice for the new Ghost Rider series.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I think Daniel Way is a great writer for the grim and gritty stuff. He's like a PG13 Garth Ennis. But I'm a whore for anything Ghost Rider so I'd be getter thins anyway. I liked the Ennis story and this one is shaping up very nicely. I know that they are going to explain the Danny GR look in the future but I couldn't care less what he looks like. At least he doesn't have a damn turtleneck knit sweater. I'm just curious how Blaze is GR again. In that last "Spirit of Redemption" mini, he just reappeared as GR with absolutely no explanation. Now he is suddenly dead for 2 years and been in hell.

The timeline is so screwy. In the Ketch GR series, he was a biker sidekick. Then apparently he worked at some firm for 5 years. Then he was on the road at the end of the mini and left his wife. And now it's 2 more years later and dead in hell. I'd really like some explanation.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its only okay-ish. but the cowgirl chick is gratuitously hawt.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

from what i read somewhere, DK's demon nows rules Hell and he brought back DK from the dead and now he's a normal human.

I still think DKs outfit is the best. GR should also get a custom ride (OCC-style)

or maybe they're doing what Marvel is known for....making it as though it never happened (JB was always GR, DK was never DR, there never was a Vengence, and so on)

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm liking it a lot...

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I can only hope that is true.

Much like Heroes Reborn, Spider-man's baby, etc...

12. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Yeah, as much as i dont like it, thats probably the case.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

That sucks. I liked what I saw of the DK Ghost Rider and always liked Vengence.