New Generations or Cyber Battalion Artwork & Fidget Spinner Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 1, 2017.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    If it's the same dollar-store line we saw leaked in the Big Leak, he's 4.5" tall.

3. Tenion the Offender

Tenion the Offender Banned

*whispers* cyberverse toyline

• Like Like x 4
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm surprised I haven't seen that. But it's not something we can discuss is it? Less we talk about it, the better.

Jalaguy says otherwise; a franchise-less "Evergreen" toyline. We may have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice, so would this be Dollar General sized figures?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I'd like to think Hasbro has finally stopped being asleep at the wheel and realized the Legends scale market is being stolen from them by third parties (hell, it's all Iron Factory DOES), but this seems less focused than that.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Posting the leaked images probably isn't a good idea, but they can absolutely be discussed. Hasbro can't cease and desist free speech (though they tried, and for good reason, but that still doesn't give them legal precedent).

They're not going to just focus on one size class like that though, and they have to appeal a range of markets and target demographics, unlike a company such as Iron Factory who can pick and choose with little worry (particularly the worry of shareholders).

8. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I\'d hope he wasn\'t the POTP Grimmy, but he is cute, I like how stylized his dinohead is

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Grimlock's hands...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've seen the Evergreen lineup. The text makes it clear there are only four figures and Grimlock is not among them. This is Cyberverse. These might be basic products, something to fit the $10 price point, but this is still mainline.

The confusion comes from the designs. Right now Hasbro uses multiple designs to market Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, etc. G1, IDW, the current kid's show. What we are likely seeing is an elimination of this disparity. Aside from things that ate specifically tied to the movies, I think will have a basic general design used as the basis for all the various mainline products and merchandise. It will be based on the classic G1 design as much as possible, except for special cases (like Bee) whose modern representation is the one most recognized by the public now.

The Evergreen line mentioned is mostly to be distributed to smaller global markets and in domestic places like Dollar Stores or Walgreens, where we are seeing the older Cyber Battalion molds showing up in the US now.

Outside of obviously older existing molds being recycled, I think we'll see ONE basic design for these core characters, regardless of whether they are on a children's book, an evergreen toy sold at a drug store, video games the comics or the next cartoon.

It's makes more marketing sense to unify these designs, especially when they are about to reboot the original series storyline. They can just roll the new designs out together organically.

Bumblebee will always look like this, regardless of the medium or the toy line. "Movie Bumblebee" will look like the Movies and Movie related merchandise. That will be the likely distinction.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is clearly a card backing. There'd be no need for carded Grimlock, Starscream, Bumblebee, Optimus or Megatron art in PotP, since none of those characters are going to be sold on cards in PotP 2018. Only three of these characters have toys in 2018 and they are all boxed toys.

12. jon81

jon81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Doesn\'t Grimlock looks very familiar to the pretender Grimlock toy? :) 

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I believe one or two of the leaked images actually showed the new Grimlock toy, and we know that it's a Voyager, so this is definitely not the POTP one.

Sort of, but then the Pretender Grimlock inner figure looks like G1 Grimlock anyway, so... it's kind of a moot point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

If that's Cyberverse Grimlock... I like it. Definitely a neat homage to G1 Grimlock. I would prefer an updated Tyrannosaurus mode, with the horizontally postured body, though. It's not a deal-breaker, though.

15. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

That Grimlock is..... interesting. Head seems too big for the bot body and it has forearms like the Sharkticons which I absolutely HATE! If it\'s some kind of legends figure I can forgive those issues, if it\'s meant for the mainline this is not a good sign

16. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    The packaging art doesn't fit the Prime Wars aesthetic. CW and TR both had very consistent art for their cards and boxes, these do not fit that style. So yeah, I'm thinking a more simplified line of smaller toys aimed at the younger crowd.

17. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's funny, I've never really got into Generations, but this neo-G1 line has me interested, even though it'll probably only be Warriors and One Steps.

18. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Autocorrect for the lol.

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

The mouth doesn't open, why? :sly: 

On the one hand, I'm disappointed. I know this is meant for kids/peasants/etc., but it looks so meh!

On the other hand, I'm happy to see Hasbro devote itself to more offshoots like this - now when a Generations toy I want doesn't get produced, I know exactly which toys got factory/shipping priority! :banghead:  So my resolution of just quitting Hasbro product gets that much closer! :thumb 
    I'm not trying to knock this (for people who are genuinely excited), but I go into a store and only see the new TLK Allspark cube figures get added to shelves, and I just can't get angry anymore. The delays of products I actually want in favor of these things? It's getting to the point where I'm completely ambivalent to the phenomenon and am moving on entirely.

If Hasbro cannot ship Generations product properly, I don't see how making more toy lines will help matters. Further, I don't appreciate their lack of attention to the issue!

Unless this happens to be another ASIA-ONLY product that has nothing to do with the current USA toy shelves. :confused:  In which case, GO CHINA! :D 

20. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks ok for the size, but the lazyness/cheapness of the paint... bleh hope the actual toy will have something more