New Generations Deluxe size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ifightfortheuse, Jun 6, 2012.

1. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Seeing how Jazz (and his remold Sideswipe) are smaller, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper could serve to be re-done at the smaller deluxe size (give them some big game weapon accessories too).

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Prepare to eat your hat. He's not super tiny, but he'll be around the size of classics starscream (already a somewhat smaller deluxe by classics standards), at best.

I hate that we're paying more for less (the price increase would be okay if it meant the sizes stayed the same, but that's not the case)

That being said, the size change isn't new, and it didn't just start with DOTM. It started during generations. Tracks/Wheeljack, Thunderwing/Skyshadow, and RTS G2 Optimus were all smaller than the norm.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    To be fair, the average deluxe is still pretty good sized compared to Beast Machines and original RiD figures.

Transformers fans are just spoiled by the bulky figures they've been buying since Armada.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm curious too if the smaller figures are going to continue into Generations. And does that mean there will be no retooling or repaints of older figures? Like, will we still get normal sized Gens like the Seeker mold?

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I think complexity's a major factor. Compared to some of the Prime figures (I'm looking at you, Wheeljack) the Generations are relative pieces of crap when it comes to transformation.

And when conversing about Generations Voyagers, why does everyone forget poor Insecticon? Thundertron to a lesser extent.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You mean Deluxe Kickback?

7. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    I hope generations size stays the same, I dont want a Trailbreaker thats the size of Bumblebee. There are just a few pre 86 characters left, let the size hold out for them at least!

Also keep in mind Prime is not supposed to group with classics, so the perfectly sized Say ratchet or Shockwave in Prime will be to small in generations. Unles you customize them for generations like im a trying.

oops i mean FOC is not .....

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    fuck

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Thundertron's a Prime toy.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    fuck

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Go to your room before you get soap for dinner! No, fuck YOU young man!

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I also thought kickback was a voyager back when the first pics appeared. He looked detailed and bulky. I think he'll be a pretty sweet deluxe.

13. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

That going to look weird. The pics make him look big and bulky, if he is super short and bulky then we are getting a Danny Devito Prime

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I don't care what other lines had for sizes, I collect only Classics and I want them to be in scale. So I'm not spoiled by past toy lines either, because I did not care for them in first place.

And when I look at my old G1 toys... the first new Transformer I bought was WFC Optimus Prime and the first thing I thought, when opening the package was "So tiny?!" and grabbed my old Optimus Prime (the cab of the Powermaster) for comparison and he's definitely larger.

I hope that there will be. I still need Skywarp...

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I saw pics of FOC Wave 1 and 2 and WFC Megatron comparison. Megatron was about as tall as Bruticus' leg, about a centimeter taller than Shockwave, about a head taller than Optimus (Although the only pic comparing with Optimus was the same one as Shockwave, and Optimus was a bit in the backround), and Jazz stood up to about the lower half of Megs' shoulder, although the Jazz was in an extremely crouched pose... but it would be accurate sizing compared to Megatron if he was that size standing straight.

Optimus' head I think will stand up to about the lower half of Megatron's head.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, because Powermaster Prime's cab is half the complexity of WfC Prime.
    More articulation and more complex engineering generally create smaller toys due to a larger number of parts (hence why late G1 figures and Armada were so much larger compared to the original RiD new molds)

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The PRIME RID figures are just too small size for my liking. Pls Hasbro,just maintain the new Generation toys the same Deluxe size as per previous Generation figures.