New Generations Deluxe size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ifightfortheuse, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

Can anyone who attended Botcon tell me if the new Generations figures are retaining their size or are they shrinking a bit like the DOTM and PRID figures?

Thanks to all for your contributions to this site.

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I've noticed Hasbro doesn't size down Generations. It's sad, because my Generations Wheeljack looks huge next to my Prime Wheeljack. I'd be willing to bet that, with the simpler FOC transformation, the money that would go to complexity goes to size. Count on a decently sized Shockwave, or I'll eat my hat.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've heard people saying those FoC figures are pretty small...especially Optimus. But I don't have much of a clue since there are no good comparison shots or height measurements.

The first Generations line was before the "downsizing" trend started.

4. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you are just getting bigger

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I seem to recall somebody had a WFC Megatron on hand,at toy fair, and it was noticeably taller than FOC Prime.

Unfortunately, i can't find the picture now.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhaahahah, I love this answer for so many reasons. :lol 

7. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    FOC is smaller. I'm hoping future Classics related Generations figures stay in scale to their previous incarnations. I'm okay with whole lines being downsized such as Prime and FOC, but it'll suck if continuing lines get shrunk mid stream...

8. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

I can't seem to find it right now, but someone on the boards made a photoedited pic with a WFC Optimus and FOC Optimus with the cards the same size. Judging by that (and assuming that the size of the card hadn't changed, but it looked right going by the peghook) the FOC Optimus is definitely smaller. I'd be very surprised if the FOC figures were any larger than the RID Prime Deluxe figures.

On an unrelated note, where was it said that there would be Voyager FOC figures? It's just that Generations has never done Voyagers before, and it seems odd for principle leader characters like OP and Megs to be Deluxes when a larger size-class is available.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    - They've already shown Soundwave as a Voyager-class generations character (the FOC version of him.). So, the Size Class is definitely back.

10. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

When and where Voyager Soundwave was shown, I think at Botcon.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Botcon. Though the only Voyager figures revealed for next year's Generations line, so far, have been Soundwave w/Laserbeak and Soundblaster w/Buzzsaw. As for why not Optimus? I think his toy was designed before they decided to add Voyagers to the line. We haven't seen, or heard about, a FoC Megatron figure yet, so there's still the chance he could be a Voyager. Wouldn't make much sense, but neither does Soundwave getting one either. Who knows, maybe they'll make a Voyager Optimus too.

As for this downsizing. From what I've seen it's a combination of more complexity to the figures, and the fact that the price to produce plastic is continuing to rise. Hasbro either needs to make the figures smaller to keep the same price-point, or increase the price to maintain the same size. Either way there's a lot of people that would complain about things, yet still go out and buy the toys anyways.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Judging by these pics they're shrinking like the rest. For what it's worth, Shockwave appears to be the same height as the old figures, just nowhere near as bulky.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    ^Yeah, that Shockwave pic looks misleading because Megs is pretty noticeably closer to the camera on that one.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    shockwave is also hunched over a bit where megatron looks almost purposely leaning back to make a difference more noticeable.

I do believe they are smaller figures, but not by much. I'm still going to display them all together with the older wfc toys. If need be I'll just get a couple risers for the new FOC guys.

15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember thinking Shockwave looked pretty small in the bubble, but maybe they increased the size of the deluxe card by a bit... I doubt it though.
    Get used to smaller toys! It's more G1 anyways :p 

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It appears to me that they are marginally smaller, in the same way that PRiD were marginally smaller than their FE counterparts. Several of the Generations figures that have been announced have large accessories like we've been seeing lately, but oddly enough not Wave 1.

In other words, 2012Generations are basically the same size as Classics Deluxes. 2008Universe still look like they can beat up your whole collection...well, except for Galvatron. :lol 

Interestingly enough, my impression of Soundwave was that he is a large Voyager, possibly larger than any of the ones I currently own. I only got quick looks at all of these though.

17. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

They don't look terribly out of proportion with WFC Megatron. I wasn't going to complain, I still want a few of the figures. Was only curious as to how much size difference there was going to be.

Thank you all.

On a side note. I do think it is cool that the big weapons that are coming after the Wave 1 are similar to their in-game counterparts. I may pick up the figures just for the weapons.

18. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Best answer ever lmao

19. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Well, they've both increased the price and decreased the size and people are still going out and buying the toys anyways.

The change is so negligible that casual buyers won't notice a size decrease, and let's face it, fans will pretty much buy anything (especially if the figures wind up as sharp looking as they have been of late. I am still utterly floored by RiD Vehicon).

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

Costs have gone up, but i'll never be convinced that Hasbro squeezing to make more per unit isn't a factor too.