New generation toy prices

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ChevellePrime, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ChevellePrime

ChevellePrime NAIL

I recently aquired enough money to preorder my generation case of 5 combaticons. But when it comes down to it its like 22 per figure. Now is that wat its gunna be like in retail or is there somthing im missing.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Usually websites like bbts prices are up a few dollars. I think they are around 22 on toy websites so retail they might be around 16-18.99. The price is a bit more since they are combiners.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    At normal retail, the price will be the same as any other deluxes on the shelf at the time - around 15 dollars. BBTS and TFSource are charging more for them becase the figures will be in demand, and they want to make more money off them because their casemates, figures from wave 1, have already been released and won't move as fast as the new figures in the wave.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    As SOME retailers.

Currently, I have found Prime figures selling for 11.99 and FOC for 12.99.

6. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping HTS has them for $92.99 per case.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'll just have to hope they show up t normal retail as quality wise they are quite poor (noticeably poor i'd say) so I will not be wanting to pay a premium for them - unless Takara sell them with Micron arms like they are Shockwave - I'll keep my expenditure on them as low as possible - I don't hate them - it's just being so small makes them so inconsistent with the other toys - it's a problem for me - id rather have them a bit bigger and have an across the board price rise. I'm not saying they need to be Energon Deluxe size - but really Knockout, Jazz they are just so small Knockout only is as tall as he is as his legs are so hollow. and he does not have much of a torso - vehicle size wise he's no bigger than one of the Energon Scouts and due to less metal pins and thinner plastic he's probably lighter too.

All of the FOC toys so far are much the same.

It's the first time i've been generally concerned that Hasbro have made a big line harming mistake (aside from the to many Bumblebees thing and the First Editions debacle) since they got the scales and designs so wildly wrong during Beast Machines.

It's not such as issue in isolation - so Prime toys with Other Prime toys isn't a huge deal - but FOC toys are likely going to be mixed with other Cybertronian looking toys and some comparisons are not going to stand up so well.

I can remember thinking Mirage/Shockfleet was small - but now he towers over any Prime or other current Voyager class toys. Heck the Rescue Bots are bigger than Prime Voyagers are. To me the size class they actually seem to belong too is that size of many Marvel and Star Wars Crossovers toys.

8. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

My Case of Eight with the Combaticons included comes out to $14.37 per figure. Its the Generations 2012 Wave 2 Revision 2 Case of Eight with FOC Optimus Prime, FOC Jazz, FOC Shockwave, FOC Vortex, FOC Swindle, FOC Blastoff, FOC Onslaught, and FOC Brawl. Big Bad Toy Store has a Pre-Order up for the case which is $114.99
    This is a better deal than yours, OP.