new game +

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ayleron, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

So one of the biggest problems I had with war for cybertron was its lack of replay value, aside from multiplayer which was meh for me. I was thinking it would be cool if the added the option to go back through the game with your own custom cybertronians. That way they have a use outside of multlayer. What other things do you guys think would be cool in new game +?

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    That is an interesting idea. Personally I would like the idea of an Esclation like setting. You could take any character to any singleplayer mission. But I doubt something like that will happen.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes please.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Between mission portals I'd like to see an open map GTA style where you can go slumming around Iacon and slap random Autobots and get into brawls and steal their energon. Get enough d00ds mad and fight through a full-on riot. Cause enough trouble and they send a security patrol after you. Cause an excessive amount of trouble and they send Guardian Robots.

Get repainted and start over again.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I kind of liked the idea of maybe 10-12 named Autobots and Decepticons that players can choose for thier own teams. Sure, you'd have 4 people going after Megs or Starscream, but it'd still be neat.

6. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I personally found no trouble replaying WFC over and over again, I certainly would not have said no to the ability to run through a mission using any character I choose. Take Warpath through the Decepticon assault on Iacon, or Soundwave vs Soundwave in the Kaon prison. Hell, let every player use the same character and fight Trypticon with 3 Optimus Primes. Sole exception would be the flying missions, but that would be a fair compromise IMO. Can't exactly take a ground unit through an area with no ground.

Sadly though, I don't see this happening with FOC. With only one character to a level, the level is gonna be more specifically tailored to that character. Can't exactly run through Jazzs stealth mission with Grimlock, for example.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I agree with Free Play. That on bigger environments could be fun.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I'd honestly have Escalation with bots as in "you can play this game offline". I won't have Live forever and I don't want to not be able to play a game because of it.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    What FOC needs is a ranking system like Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3. The commendation/medal EXP systems in those games are extremely addicting, and definitely give you reason to play the campaign (and other game modes as well) multiple times.

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this idea. A lot.