new g1 style animation series in the future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by krade, Jul 17, 2008.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

after the animated cartoon will be gone,i would love to see hasbro return with a new season of transformers the same animation as the generation 1 series.we've got almost all of the animation form by now,would'nt be cool to watch it the old way?

what do you think?

2. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Armada, Energon and Cybertron were G1-style animation (with CGI-Transformers that didn't mesh that well with normal drawn images).

If you mean faulty and with many mismatched colour like in the original G1-cartoon, then no, that nobody wants. :p 

However, the really most important thing is a decent story with likeable characters. And so far, Animated surpasses AEC (and their original japanese versions) by far.

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would not like it but thats just me

4. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

[​IMG]

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    You know, I wish they would make a straight-to-disc feature like the recently released "Batman: Gotham Knight." It would be cool to see various artists and styles take on Transformer's lore. (Perhaps even re-creating epic/popular/infamous G1 stories.) I'm sure it would be fun for the artists as well!

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I like this idea.

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind it anyway. TFA which initially were met w/somewhat hostile reception is now generally well accepted. so why not have a go at it again, no harm trying.

It would be nice to see other Japanese anime co taking up the helm for the TF franchise i.e Sunrise, Gainax etc.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wouldn't mind a change in look just to sort of help have a nice line between Animated and whatever comes after Animated. As to what art style it's hard to say because until I've actually seen it used in the cartoon it's really hard to get a feel of how well an art style is going to work.

Oh and as long as the bots have lots of character because no amount of artwork can make up for a lack of character.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This wins the thread.

With this a close second.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, I wonder if Animated would look even better if they used a different animation studio, I dunno but some scenes just look... weird and the quality varies from episode to episode, not to mention I have no faith in that studio, that Power Ranger Monkeys show was just crappy.

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Not really. I liked it for what it was but I'm not there anymore.

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i would be fine with it only if they made it so that the show has a actual plot

13. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

Stick figures, claymation or puppets?
    I'll write, animate & direct for $22.50

It'll be brilliant.

:spam  :lol 

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Why is it no one can get past the animation mistakes and time constraints of the G1 series. They were rushing them out the door as fast as possible because it was low budget. That being said if you were to take today's animators and put good writers on it like we have TFA then yes it would be awesome to see them do a true continuation of the ORIGINAL G1 story.

Granted there are some contradictions in story lines but they are not so many that you cant get the true time line out of the series.

I m sure you guys know this but there were episodes where they had to put filler episode in because they had run out of ideas and something was due. This happens with almost all series or shows at some point.

Most of the time a long series will just do a flash back episode instead of filler but give the G1 folks credit they just decided to make another story arc :)  lol

I think a new series with great animation continuing the G1 story line would be great as we have optimus alive, Cybertron reborn and Galvatron and the Decepts drifting in Space somewhere aimlessly. Hell I would like to see Galvatron start glitching because his megatron side was starting to take back control and see some kind of rebirth due to unicrons control fading out of his circuits. A combo Megs Galvatron would kick ass.

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'd be ok with something in the style of G1, but I defiently would not want the same quality of animation.

Although if they were connect it to G1 I'd defiently want it either in the past or the future.
    The 80s to early 21st century era is way over-done.

Maybe around the time Donfig placed his macromasters fancomic?

16. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so if they re did like the old school. what about toys then? would pretty much make the G1 toys not worth as much then? i mean classics is like updated G1 figures, so how do you pull that one off?

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I'm not sure if I would want to see the same animation style as G1 but I would like Transformers to go back to the G1/BW/BM universe eventually.

18. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Ownage!!!

19. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

YA G1 animason is the best!

20. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

When I want G1 animation, you know what I will do? I will go back and watch G1. And if I'm really hard up for it, I'll watch Headmasters too.

I don't think there's any need in reinventing the wheel.

That Gotham Nights idea is a damned interesting one though.