New G1 Rumble/Frenzy prototype?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bass X0, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed, plus, it would be kinda funny if they didn't specify which one was which. That way the debate over who's what color can continue, lol.

If anybody is curious, I just did a quick digibash to see what this would look like in Frenzy's and Rumble's color schemes:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/276699-frenzy-rumble-colored.html

2. red4

red4 Banned

That thing screams "fan-made".

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    This has to be official. Hasbro would jump at the chance to create a mold with a possible 5-6 paint applications that would all sell pretty darn well.

And, I really hope it's official. Cripey, be official and be packed in with a Classics Soundwave or Blaster or something super cool too.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Plus a few people have pointed out that the arms seem to be reused from somewhere else which is also something Hasbro loves to do.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol. The only reason the fans make something like this is because Hasbro/Takara have lacked the capacity to do so. Sure it would be awesome if this is from the new line/universe, but going as far as to try and shutdown the operation? For what? Hasbro still won't make figure.

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Yet is also something that fans / radicons love to do...

I'm gonna say this is official, just because I want it to be.

And I'm also guessing that it's an add-on character to a deluxe or voyager, as with Laserbeak to TFA Soundwave or, more likely, Ravage to Hound.

Screw it, my best guess is a re-release of the Universe Hound with (G1 cartoon colour) Rumble as the snap on.

What was it with Hound and picking fights with the cassettecons?

7. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Looks like a official Hasbro prototype. First the red guy now this. Im excited about Transformers again

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What modern Transformers have re-used parts?

There are remolds like Sunstreaker/Sideswipe, Crumplezone/Dark Crumplezone, (movie bumblebees too?) but by their nature Transformers cannot be 'frankensteined' like GI Joe figures.

The arms do look very familiar, but I think it's just the basic non-descript nature of the arms. How distinct can scout-sized ball joint arms look?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I agree. The G1 figure was actually pretty decently articulated too because of his transformation scheme so I'd prefer to have had the G1 figure design with just slightly better joints. That chest just doesn't have the nice shape of the G1 figure's.
    I know Universe/Classics/Whatever is allowed to reimagine characters (sometimes completely), but this guy is just a bit too blocky and chunky for my old skool tastes where Rumble and Frenzy are concerned.

10. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

WantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantNOWwantwantwant. :drool: 

*ahem*

Better be the real deal - and have an Ultra-class Soundwave to hide inside. :D 

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it can. I figured out how to transform it.

Now granted, the overall fit of the alternate form would be much more flush than my cheap MS Paint doodle.

[​IMG]

^Basically, you push the head down into the body, raise the shoulder bits up over where the head used to be, turn the arms at the elbows so that they are down at the sides of his torso, turn the legs at the hips around so that you can then turn the lower legs at the knees up to be flush with his lower arms that are now flush with the torso, and finally just flip the feet down on top of the elbows. Ta-da! Cassette mode.

12. b.winn1

b.winn1 Well-Known Member

awsome stuff another tf to look forward too and nice find. i bet its gonna be part of the classics line

13. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I was thinking the saem thing :D 

I've never ever seen this happen. I actually think it's not a bad idea for things like missles or hands but Hasbro has never done this to my knowledge. I'd love to hear/see an example outside of an obviuos repaint

But what will probably happen is that IF Hasbro is doing a voyager/ultra class Soundwave Rumble will come with one and then they'll release a Soundblaster with Frenzy then a Blaster with Eject or Rewind then a Billy with Roseanna :) 

14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'm also excited that he looks like a Basic instead of a Legend ~ i thought the Mini-bots as Legends was a bit of a waste -vs- having them as Basics since it throws them SOOOOO far out of scale with their brethern ~ i'd prefer to reserve Legends for cheapy redos of larger scale figs
    see the sockets so his shoulders can fold up and cover where his head is? I'm doubting (and hoping he doesn't) he turns into a cassette. you can also see how his feet have room to fold into his shines. The lack of discernable alt-mode parts though almost makes me think he might be a "part" of something else, like, say a new Soundwave that is a vehicle. (purely as an example, SW could be a pickup with Rumble/Frenzy as the canopy)

nah, the Ball-joints are WAY to 'standard Hasbro looking' IMHO

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, they are not the same as any existing figure, the elbow joint is just very standard ~ a lot of Energon and Cybertron basics has this kind of elbow joint.

16. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

If it's true then its great news.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    It better be an official Hasbro/Takara toy, it looks like it could easily be one. Also looks transformable but if it isn't then it doesn't matter, if Revoltech taught me anything is that non-transformable tfs are great. ^^
    If it's an exclusive fan made i am gonna cry because those don't get here. T.T and if i want to order them from E-bay or other page cost me a fortune.

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Not really sure where people are seeing that the feet fold up. What I see is that they are on Balljoints that at that angle can only fold down unless there's another hinge attached to it. Plus if the foot folded up can you imagine how hard it would be to get a tight enough ball joint that would allow him to put weight on the feet.

Anyways it seems that his arms might actually fit inside his legs based on their shape except for the gap between the shoulder and forearm seeming bigger than the one in the leg. Maybe they go it and kind of bend in

Also I think the arm/ball joint area may be reminding us of how classics bumblebee's arms attach. If this was fan made I could see those arms as the base

19. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I thought that too at first but looking more closely, look at the top of his feet, there's a 'wedge' on top that looks to perfectly align with a depression in his shin. The ball joint must be on a bit of an angled neck.

As far as bearing weight... dude... it's a basic, there is very little weight to hold up.

20. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Now this is potentially awesome.