New Frontier

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Boggs6ft7, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I know this series isn't new, but I finally got around to reading it in issue form borrowed from a friend.

This is now one of my favorite DC stories and Cooke is now one of my favorite artists. I'm now really looking forward to the DVD release (coming in Jan 08)

I went ahead and ordered the Absolute edition.

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Yes good stuff. I cant wait to see how the animated version is. The Superman DOOMSDAY looks good so far.

3. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Absolute edition does have a few extra pages not included in the original issues or the trades--there's a page of Barry Allen trying his powers out, and a page of J'onn arriving at the city... And some others but I can't remember the rest.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    I love New Frontier. It's got my favorite version of Hal "High-Ball" Jordan and John Henry.

5. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Can't wait to see New Frontier Movie. We saw this after the Superman-Doomsday Movie at Comic-Con.

Based on the crowd response of the voice actors, Timm assured us that Sisto as Batman will be awesome.

BTW Doomsday was good. The first half was awesome. But the 2nd half was ok. Unless you are die-hard Supes fan I would rent it first.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is the New Frontier about? The squnity-eye art kinda turned me off but it won a bnunch of awards.

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I took it as precursors to the JLA and JSA formation. The cold war is going on, superheroes are emerging, some are outlawed, others work for the government. A lot of the cold war ideas are there, specifically fear. The story also is somewhat of a bridge from Golden Age to Silver Age (but I don't know if its official canon, because there is the story "Golden Age" also)

Two of the main ones that are focused on are Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. MM's story is my favorite.

All of the characters are united in the end to fight a single threat.

The artwork fits the story and timeframe, but I can understand the turn off. If you enjoy Timm and Kirby, then you'll like the art. If you don't like their art, don't read it.