*new* foc gameplay!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    It's just literally been uploaded....

GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

IT LOOKS AWESOME!

Bruticus looks decent in this, he looks like a huge f*cking destructive, awesome giant!

Heres some print screens of the gameplay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    That preview got me excited. I saw the Optimus footage then it went to Sleeping Dogs and I thought "Wth? That's it?" And clicked off of it. But I returned later to see the other stuff. Nice!

3. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    HOLY COW! THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME.

It looks so amazing. And if multiplayer is set up similarly...It is going to be one of the most amazing multiplayer games ever.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Metroplex Confirmed for Fall of Cybertron.

This is gonna be epic.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I am really looking forwards to this. And I never would have imagined that THAT would be Optimus' ability. I wonder if it'll be available for multiplayer? And Jazzes grapple ability looks so cool. Bruticus is also looking good.

I really hope this is as good as it looks because this is the only TF thing that I do not feel all that worried about them screwing it up.

Edit 2: This looks more sci fi to me. I'm not certain why but it just feels slightly more out there. Something I am really looking forwards to. Also, Vortex turns into a jet when he boosts?!??!

Edit 3: I JUST FOUND OUT THERE IS A SECOND PART OF THE VID WITH FOC! I wonder if there's a third. But anyway, WOW! So we see Bruticus' block ability. They did say character will have strike and block. And it's good to know we'll be seeing quite a bit of him. Ooh and I just remembered, Onslaughts voice! I didn't see that coming. And Jazz looks fun as well.

This is all amazing.

Almost forgot, the areal gameplay looks fun. And that big Autobot looks interesting. Also, I am a bit disappointed at how structures just blow up in a few seconds when playing as Bruticus. I think it would be more awesome if it was a bit harder to destroy stuff and maybe have more debris.

6. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    I've got to point this out though... In this game you only have 1 ability but in the screenshots i took theres no ability button.

Also Matt Tieger said there would be no segmented health bar & just a normal regenerative 1. You look at the health bat in the gameplay or screenshot's and you'll see it kinda looks like a halo style health bar...

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    At what point in the video does it go back to FOC?

8. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    The FOC coverage is at the beginning of the first part, and the beginning of the second part.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was confirmed during Game Informer's one month blitz--did you miss it?

This game is going to be epic. I'm still a little ticked that they got rid of the co-op campaign-play, I enjoyed this feature the most (completing the story with friends in the States, Australia and elsewhere), but now I'll have to play it alone:(  But I'm sure I'll enjoy this game a hell of a lot more than DotM.

What do you guys think of Onslaught's voice? Not what I was expecting, but I guess it'll do.

I still feel a few characters are a bit too bright. I wish the Combaticons were a darker shade of their respective colors. I don't know the right terms, but military colors (if there is such a thing) should be worked into the Combaticons' paint scheme. Onslaught looks a little off to me (yeah, I know this isn't G1--but it sure as hell is trying to be:p ) I just want to see darker colors on these guys. I want Onslaught to look like he did in WFC, he was F'ing BAD@$$!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, saw this last night. Looks freakin' sweet. I want to see Metroplex!

11. Shizuka

News Credits:
    What happened to Optimus' Artillery Strike? And I thought Metroplex was playable?

And I remember seeing an Ability button at the button right. Think Bruticus used a move and then the icon faded after.

12. Shizuka

News Credits:
    If you look at the bar that shows the time it is divided into segments. If you put the mouse at the first black marker you should see an image of Bruticus come up.

13. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    You can see a huge explosion in optimuses screen. That's his artillery strike, the catch is though its from metroplex.

14. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOVE IT!!! Bruticus looks great in motion plus Jazz & Vortex's levels look extreemly fun. Not liking Onslaught's voice though. I very much prefer the voice used for the multiplayer Onslaught chassis (& I assume Onslaught himself in Escalation) in WFC. Other than that I loved everything I saw.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The footage shown shows Bruticus has a melee attack (which was his stomping and punching and a ranged attack, which was his transforming arm shooting up the place. Matt Tieger said that Vortex's blades work as a shield--who knows what else Bruticus has up his sleeve...or whatever he's got.

16. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    I can barely contain my excitement for this. Both campaign and multiplayer. But the more I think about MP, the more I think it has the ability to be REALLY amazing. I hope they support this one with both Story and MP DLC, more than WFC.

17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    Heres a print screen of vortex and bruticus. I've put them on my first post as well but I thought I would go into a bit more detail here.

You can see in this image vortex is what looks like he is near a grenade and also has the shockwave ability that was in WFC in the bottom right.
    [​IMG]

You can see bruticus's ability in the bottom right hand side which is like the tanks shockwave in WFC escalation.
    [​IMG]

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks good. Wish we could have seen Grimlock though. I have a feeling Vortex is the only playable Combaticon. You never hear anything about the other 4 members.

19. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Yup as I thought, the button is at the bottom right.

Also did anyone think that Bruticus is out of scale? Like how Devastaor was out of scale in ROTF? It's as if the vehicle parts have been scaled up just to make Bruticus larger.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he's 80 feet tall like what was stated, I don't know. I think he's under size, as I was expecting him to be a bit larger after seeing the trailer that went up. Sure there was nothing to compare him with, but the sounds they gave him in the trailer made him sound like a giant with his big pounding steps, Grimlock, too, though I never thought he'd be as tall as Bruticus, but about a 1/4 or 1/3 the height.