New FansProject TFX-05 photos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Nov 5, 2010.

1. superpunch

superpunch Banned

that chest just shouts razorclaw out to me

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Automaton Toys

All explained there.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    hrm. the thighs DO look too skinny now, but its the feet i can't get over. i hate them, they look like clown shoes. To be honest, for what this costs, I don't think i'll bother.

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    And now i can't unsee it...

5. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I need this set. BAD. It's GORGEOUS.

6. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

why no chrome flame chest!? *le sigh*...

7. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Now, if I manage to get my hands on one of these at all, it'll go with the US Classics Rodimus, simply because that's the only one I have, but...this is dead sexy.

8. jksit1

jksit1 The Chosen One

As much as I want to like this armour add on...It's just not doing it for me. I really liked the City Commander and Defender that FP produced and that's the reason I bought them. I really wish they just made a new TF for Rodimus like defender because the set just looks really odd to me. They could have made it sooooo much better than this. Think I will be skipping this one and hoping for a reveal the shield voyager Rodimus Prime.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bah. Rarely does chrome = classy. If it's on a grille or wheels, great. But a chrome spoiler just looks doofy.

Plus, attaching chrome extensions to a chrome spoiler has gotta mean eventual chipping. Never mind that it'd probably start flaking at some point even without said attachment. I'm sure the toy will look extra classy once that happens.

10. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

YESSSSSSSS Finally a good Rodimus Prime! Cant wait to have this

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I don't think this thing works at all. Rodimus Prime doesn't work this way - he was not a partsformer - and FansProject did a poor job matching the new parts to the Rodimus toy.

In vehicle mode, the front is this really sleek vehicle and then suddenly it's this giant blocky thing. In robot mode, to quote Might Gaine on the Allspark, "it kinda looks like some glued legos to Classics Rodimus".

Also, the detailing is TOO BUSY.

12. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

This thing is awesome. Glad I ordered it. And that I was able to get Rodimus without paying an arm and a leg for it.

13. AutobotBee

AutobotBee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I like it. Got one ordered as well, since I may not be able to afford the MP Rodimus. ;/

The pictures I had seem previously did not have the 'wings' chromed/metalized though, does this mean they're going to be?

14. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

I really dont like or get it, its not Rodimus Prime, it a chunkier chiicken legged, wierd faced Hot Rod? I just dont see what is appealing about that, but hey each to their own.

15. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Wow the Crome doesn't even match

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    This has been answered numerous times in the thread. Read it.

And as for the set... again... I'm so disappointed. He looked so cool in all grey resin. I don't know what happened when he got color. I'm going to hold on to my preorder but I have some thinking to do. MP Prime does so many things right and this one doesn't. I might just go ahead and get the Titaniums Rodimus to use with my classics instead of this.

17. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

nice galoshes.....and why does he have a razorclaw mane on his chest...and whats with the marshmello peep face.. robot mode is pretty farty......the vehicle mode kinda looks cool in a weird abstract sorta way though

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

As I have posted earlier. It is a Guarantee that someone will make a new Head for Him. I bet someone is already working on it. As for being referred to as a parts former...well Its armor and is supposed to be added on. MP Rodimus too me you see very little to no difference between the 2 bot modes you really have to look hard to find the differences and I believe you shouldn't have to do that.. FP again to me looks like he went from Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime. Technically Combiners are parts formers but no one complains.

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Combiners ARE parts formers and are marketed like that since the beginning. Rodimus has always been a character all on his own. Never needed armor. The armor isn't a bad thing though with the Protector set. It's just the execution that failed. It super blocky. It looks like a Brave toy. The thighs are skinny. The feet are huge. It looks like he's wearing robot Uggs. To me he doesn't look like a Transformer. Maybe it's just some of the angles we're seeing him in but color me unimpressed. Bummer :( 

20. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

I purchased Rodimus because I love the Hot Rod character, and was underwhelmed by the toy. Figured with this having been announced that I could hold out hope for a great upgrade. But man do I feel disappointed. Rodimus has been one of the least satisfying toys in my collection, and seems doomed to remain so.