New Fan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamarmiller, Jun 19, 2012.

1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah thats the great thing about G1 easy for the young ones to play with and transform.

I tried giving him an EZ collection guy and he kept getting frusturated with it and tearing off his arms and legs LOL. G1 , no problem though and he loves it and it brings back so many memories for myself too

2. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  3. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... uh... why the hell are you giving your son gifts for your DAUGHTER'S birthday?

4. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its my boy's/son's b-day, not my daughters. Cant seem to think of why you thought it was my daughters. Can you explain ?

And to be frank I find your post and language to be a little out of place in this thread.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You did write the following in the OP:

6. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh got yeah, the first post. Now your comment makes sense ( minus the language and tone you used )

I give one present to the NON B-DAY kid, on each others b-day so they dont feel left out or have any fights/jealousy.

They are still young and dont understand each one has a special day.

Been a tradition in my family for a long time

when they get older I wont but again right now they are small and young and dont understand just yet.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    :lol  cute kid

i had that tradition when i was little

• Like Like x 1
  8. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks

9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude earlier. And I'm trying not to be rude now when I say that I think your premise is flawed.

Let me tell you a story. When I was a kid in the 80's, my Dad would often play music from his generation to me. He'd be blasting tunes from the 60's and 70's because that's what he loved and he wanted me to get into it too. And you know what? I f***ing hated it. The music didn't resonate with me because it wasn't current; it wasn't the music that was topping the latest radio charts and people were talking about. Pop music had come a long way since my Dad's time and I liked listening to what the current generation had to offer. Now that I'm older and I look back, I still like listening to 80's hits because it takes me back to my childhood and is symbolic of that decade.

Now here you are trying to raise your child on G1 figures that are symbolic of the 80's, but do NOT represent the current generation of Transformers toys. Your son is growing up during the Movie and Prime years and it's THOSE figures are that are lining the shelves, not some retro-toys from your time. We both know that toy engineering has advanced since the 80's - even with basic figures - and your son will probably wonder why his father was busy buying him old Spy Changers instead of Battle Chargers or Activators or any of the latest cool toys in store. When he's twenty years older and he looks back on his childhood, he'll want to remember figures that are symbolic of his time, not yours. Don't make the same mistake my father did. Sharing your interest in Transformers is all well and good, but at least be considerate enough to keep him up date with current trends that he can relate to. The rest is just ancient history.

10. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for your comments but how about this, why dont you stop being rude ( and you are being rude or just ignorant I dont know which) and keep your noise out of other peoples business and others Parenting styles and you raise your kid the way you want to and Ill raise the kid the way I want too.

Hes getting G1 right now because its simple for him to play/change with, their arms dont pop off of ball joints when he transforms them. Its easy to transform, its what he watches on Tv, and because of that , that is what he wants. When he is older and wants the new stuff he gets the new stuff. He doesn't want the MOVIE stuff as he just turned 4 and he wont be seeing the movie for quite sometime. Prime is not his first choice either. Rescue bots are NOT available in Japan nor are any other small children aimed TF toys ( activators ) ( at least not regularly ) . Again Tried EZ collection and they were just frustrating for him and the limbs just kept popping off. G1 is great for him at this point in his life. Again he gets older and he wants the newer stuff , he gets it.

Your comments are way out of place in this thread. AND NOT WELCOMED. Again you either rude or ignorant. This thread is about a little boy becoming a New fan.

Again keep your nose out of other peoples business (Your just making an ass out of yourself ) and let me enjoy sharing my photos with my kid.

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How sweet. I offer some parental advice and get insulted in return? And I'm the one being rude? You need to look in the mirror, sunshine. I'm starting to feel sorry for your son more and more.

12. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    keep posting, PLEASE ! Your post, comments and tone just keep revealing the kind of person you are.

Time and place dude time and place.

You come into this thread attacking me, using language and tone that is not appropriate to the thread and for no reason, then after I explain why and someone else says they do the same thing, then you criticize me for something entirely different. Your being rude or just ignorant, I dont know which.

Again learn a little Time and place . This was NOT the place/thread/time to criticize or offer YOUR parental advice ( because your sooooo qualified to do so ) and then criticize mine , its also not the place/thread to use words and tones like you did either. Think a little please. Take this thread for the innocence its meant to be.

If you feel so inclined to be POLITE and offer some of your expert parental advice do it in a pm, not publically and not in a thread like this, where it doesnt belong.

I'm starting to feel sorry for your children more and more. ( You do have children right ? --- I hope so, because people without kids giving advice on parenting to PARENTS is extremely ---------------------you fill in the blank! And if you dont have kids then I at least hope you have AT LEAST a Masters in Childhood development or something closely related )

I am no expert but neither am I offering parental advice. And especially in threads/boards like this.

Watch the video I posted before your comments, see my boy kiss prime (still in the box ) and then jump out of JOY, see his smile holding his toys in all the pics I posted----yeah I am a terrible father, that smile says it all.

13. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Christmas festivities are beginning for my Family !

At the first Sana Meet and Greet this year my boy got Beachcomber !

Attached Files:

14. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boys Christmas 2013 Haul !

My boys Christmas 2013 Haul !

G1 Dinobots, Astrotrain, Skids , Blaster, and from the CHUG lines Skyfire and Jazz . He also got the recently released anime colors encore Devastator that he kissed when opening because he was so happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

You're kids are so cute! I bet you're proud of them. :) 

16. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks ! I feel so luck and proud for sure !

Took my wife and kids to the Transformers Revenge shooting location at Petra ! on December 30th 2013 a couple of weeks ago !

My boy was singing the g1 transformers song over and over while at this part of Petra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    Nice! Glad to see him enjoying it at such a young age! Also is that a lionel polar express in the background from the Christmas pics?

18. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes it is ! a g gauge one at that !

He loves that movie !

19. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boys Birthday cake from 2013 !
    2013 5 year old bday cake.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope you plan on whipping those figures down later.