New Fan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamarmiller, Jun 19, 2012.

1. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With a tear in my eye ( of a happy, proud father ) I gave my little boy his first transformers gift today ( for his sister's b-day ).

It was a RID /Car Robots Spy Changer 6 pack.

He has been totally engrossed with them and LOVES THEM.

Now just to let you all know, I am raising him right and starting him off with the G1 cartoons ( and soon toys ) with a little Rescue robots sprinkled in between , but I thought the spy changers were simple enough for a 3 and a half year old boy to be able to transform and enjoy ( and I was right ) so I am starting him off toy wise with the spy-changers and then going all G1 for him !

here is some pics from the momentous day/event in his life ! ( or mine LOL )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Good man. Be sure to save his first Transformer toys. He'll appreciate it later.

3. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh definitely, for sure. I saved all of my toys myself ! Saved them for moments like this !

I remember my first transformers, It was Sideswipe and Starscream, ( my brothers was Sunstreaker and Thundercracker ) and it was a Christmas day, God I wont ever forget that day and those toys ! still have them too. (will be giving them to him in the near future ! )

4. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, anyways, we went into Toys r us last night after we ate dinner at a place in the mall. In the front of the store was a stack of Transformers toys with an OPTIMUS PRIME present. Ryunosuke immediately recognizes Optimus prime and takes him, then he proceeds to run to the back of the store where the main/regular transformers display is and immediately finds MEGATRON ! LOL the rest of the time in the store he just held onto those two toys and wouldnt drop them. It was so hard not to buy them for him on the spot LOL ( I already have them MINT in BOXES for a future b-day ) It was very cute and a bit of nostalgic for me. Again reminding me of when I was a little boy playing Transformers with my brother Caleb. So today I decided to give him a different Character, one that most little boys LOVE. That character was SOUNDWAVE with Lazer Beak and Rumble ! He was SO HAPPY ! He even POSED for pictures LOL which he NEVER Does ! ( He usually looks the other way when I try to take pictures LOL) He played non stop with Soundwave, Rumble, and Lazer beak for at least 6 hours Today. Ah the memories he is to start making ! I think I am going to go play Transformers now with him LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I felt the same way after my daughter started stomping at my MISB G1 Devastator. She was around a year old. Fast forward 2 more years. She went for another one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hahaha, so cute, love the expression in the last pic ! Its like, NOW LETS CRUSH SOME AUTOBOTS ! LOL

7. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn you people, I teared up. I'm dead serious on that too. Made me think of my childhood and I couldn't wait to go into TRU when my parents said I could get one transformer. The worst part was going in and finding 5 I wanted, the horrible decision to be made on which one I would take now. What I didn't know till Christmas was it was a ploy....through that journey my parents found out which figures I wanted and they picked the others up under my nose. My father said he had to go to the bathroom inside the TRU, I see what he did there!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chaplain

Chaplain Well-Known Member

"But Father I don't want to play with Cars or Robots I want to play with Ponies..."

It's nice to see this practice of handing things down or showing stuff which you grew up to the next generation still exist. It's beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Spychangers. Interesting choice to start your kid off. Thank you creatign another fan. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I am choosing simple transformations and hard to break ( or guys I have doubles of LOL ) first, since he is only 3 and a half LOL

I think am going to go with G1 Sideswipe and some G 1 minibots for his b-day in October or perhaps the Throttle bots SUPER HARD TO BREAK THOSE GUYS LOL

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Sadly my daughters never had any interest in Transformers, it would've been the ultimate payback to my ex-wife, ah well.

12. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of buying a transformer for my little cousin. His big sister has been corrupting him with Barbies and MLPs, and I plan to fix that. How old are your kids?

13. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my boy is 3 and a half, will be four in October

14. seali_me

I'm planning to buy more of those rescue bots for the kids.

15. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I didnt have EVERY single Transformer ( US and Japan ) from G1 year 1 right up until RID ( minus Sky Garry and Galaxy shuttle from the Japanese lines that is) id be too, but I figure I got so much now give that i dont need to LOL

16. seali_me

That's an awesome memory. Myself I only had maybe 5. Two of which I can not remember. Back then I begged my parents to go to the toys section but whenever we did, I never went home with even one toy.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cute kid. Lucky, too. I wish I could have had a G1 Soundwave as a youngster. :D 

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... he shoplifted like a boss? :lol 

Seriously though, I remember similar things happening, although much of the time my parents just let me pick shit out when it was my birthday or something & just surprised me with something small, as they knew I was hella picky & often only wanted one thing out of the 20 possible choices that all looked the same to them. This was especially the case with Batman figures, as in all fairness, many of them really do look the same to anyone not in the fandom.

19. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Awesome pics with your little one man!!! I love kids with high priced TF pics:lol 

Here is my little dude. 2 yrs and 4 mths, this was last week we did this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks

LOL now there is a high priced one !

The great thing about many of the G1 guys are they are simple transformations and relatively hard to break

and the ones that arent hard to break I know of so I can keep them back until hes a little older or I can show him where to be careful