New Fan-Approved Series - Transformers: Perfect!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, Feb 28, 2011.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    I don't want to hear "misleading title" crap. C'mon guys, if there was a new series, I'd put it in "News & Rumors" so I could get my news credit XP.

Anyways, it seems that the fan community can never agree on what is a perfect, or even good, TF continuity. With such horrible terms and phrases like "Trukk not Munkee", "Chinformers", "GEEWUNNER" and "Michael Bay" :) P),and "ruined forever" being tossed around, I wonder if there could ever be a perfect TF series that will please every single fan.

What is your ideal TF show? How would you reach all the fans? What is the perfect Transformers series?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    there is no way to make a perfect transformer series, because even with it being actually perfect, people will still bitch

hell we got some pretty amazing shows that people hate for no reason

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    There is no way that this concept well end well, no siree.

4. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    point taken (and agreed with). People find things to nitpick about. Still, I wanna know how you would make the perfect show, random bitchers aside :D 

5. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

First of all I'd get rid of that title. It would only sound pretentious.

Second, it's impossible. All shows are great in their own way, and all appeal to certain fans. I really don't think it's possible to have a show that appeals to everyone. Right now, Prime is what I would consider the closest thing to what I would consider "perfect", while still being far from that. And even that is purely personal, and it's clear that several people hate its guts. I wouldn't even attempt making something that is perfect for everyone, because you then lose scope of what you're trying to achieve. To accommodate everyone, too many concessions would have to be made in the sake of pleasing everyone.

In short, it'd be a mess.

However, I would give Wheeljack a monacle. Then I don't care what you do.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The perfect Transformers series is a perfect recreation of G1 with updated graphics, all of the old characters and voices, brand new plots and characters, total adherence to G1 designs and standards, a complete break from slavishly following G1, movie-esque designs, Animated designs, no movie or Animated influence, vehicles only, animals only, hand drawn, CGI, made in America, made in Japan, made in Canada, stars Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, stars Gary Chalk and David Kaye, stars Corey Burton, is directed by Michael Bay, is not even remotely touched by Michael Bay, is written by Orci and Kurtzman, is written by Isenberg, is written by Ditillio and Forward, is written by Simon Furman, has all characters designed by Derrick J Wyatt, has all characters designed by Don Figueroa, stars Rodimus Prime, kills Hot Rod in the first episode, has Hot Shot, kills Hot Shot in the first episode, takes place on modern Earth, takes place solely on Cybertron, has a huge cast, has a small cast, and doesn't have Nightscream.

I think everyone can agree on that being perfect.

7. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

You forgot "has Nightscream". Your show is imperfect.

In that case, I suggest don't name your thread as if it's something that exists, regardless of which forum it's in. Presenting it in the form of a question, like "What is your perfect series?" is less likely to lead to misinterpretation.

8. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

You sir, just blew my mind.

Strangely it all makes sense and yet it doesn't

I think just incredible animation and a good story is all we really want.

I would like a return to more realistic vehicles like in G1, but with the Neo G1 look

9. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    You're no fun XP

Now we're talking :D 

Hehehe. i thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

In case anyone was a little confused by this thread, I wanted to read kinda humorous responses like this. Not discouraging serious, insightful responses, but this topic was just for fun.

Twas a joke, as denoted by the smiley .___.

10. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Smileys are for Decepticons. And Decepticons need to have their faces removed. That includes smileys. Especially smileys.

11. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    agreed. i wonder what a show with designs based around classics would be like. for the most part, I'd have to say that the majority of the fandom all likes classics. the main problem with the most recent figures (like Jazz, Kup, Warpath) have been that the permanent exaggerated facial expressions, which would be remedied by the animation.

In terms of character designs, it seems that people who like more "conservative" robots ala G1 have stricter rules about what they like in a design, while fans of Animated, Prime, Movieverse have no problem with the G1 design philosophy. Classics sort of reaches that middle ground. If the character models were based off of Classics, I think the design aspect would be covered.

Story wise, people seem fine with the typical "Autobots fight Decepticons over ________ on Earth". As long as that's presented in a fresh and not stale way, like Animated I suppose, I think that'd be fine. No MacGuffin maybe? Many seem to frown upon the Deus Ex machina nature of MacGuffins. Prime seems to be handling well without one, though Dark Energon will undoubtedly turn up again.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think "perfect" varies by fan. I think the most close for me so far, besides G1, is Cybertron/Galaxy Force. That series had something for everyone. Like Beasts? It had them. It gave us Primus to fight Armada's Unicron. Optimus Prime had some great Power-Ups as well. The toy molds made some great Botcon sets. Even the humans in that series weren't that annoying.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    My perfect series?

Simple, new factions and characters with nods to the past series. Hasbro used to be creative, it needs to go back to that way again instead of living off of the past.

Lets have Cybertron being destroyed by Megatron in a final battle against Optimus Prime. Only a few Autobots and Decepticons make it off of the planet in time. The descendents of these transformers becomes space nomads and often have space battles with each other. Sometimes the battles might take place on different worlds.

The descendents could be the Optibots in honor of the fallen Autobot leader. The new evil force could be the Seekers, which was created by the ancient Starscream following the destruction of Megatron and Cybertron.

The leaders could be Optimal Delta and Nightwave. Set up would take place when the Seekers are attacking different worlds in Optibot space. Optimal fed up with the no attack rules of the high council, fights back with his Primal Unit soldiers and defeats the Seeker units. This gives Nightwave his excuse to attack the high council. With the high council gone, Optimal is elected leader and declares war on the Seekers.

Animation would be 3D and the toys would be some of the best in series history. As this new series would push the limits as much as possible.

Nods would include:
    Primal Unit (Optimus Primal)
    Optimus Prime hologram message (With Cullen being the VA)
    The Vehicons which would be space raiders hired by the Seekers.
    Seeker home world could be called Tarantulas.
    Optibot captial city would be called Primus.
    A tribute to Starscream featuring his feet as a statue. Starscream dies from blast by Nightwave (G1 Movie Nod)
    Ultra Magnus is leader of the high council (Much like his Animated self)
    Optimal ship is called the Rhinox.
    Primal Unit would use training droids called Wasps (Waspinator nod)
    A seeker named Lugnut, that acts more like BW Inferno.
    A Optibot general named Ironlock, this would be a descendent of Grimlock and would be like BW Dinobot in honor and fighting.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    We already had it. It was called Marvel G1.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The animation was pretty bad in this series though, especially in terms of the number of frames it used...

At the end of the day you're dealing with a heavily subjective subject, so yeah, it makes sense that there will be no single series that is everyone's favorite, because the conditions that make a show someone's favorite are often outside the control of that very show, such as the age the person was at when first exposed to it, what was going on in their life and how the show connects with that, etc.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There is no perfect TF series. There never has been, and there never will be, a series that will satisfy every fan; the most Hasbro can ever hope for is that they will please a majority of them. They seem to be doing fairly well with that most of the time.
    As far as G1 comics go, I agree. As far as everything else goes, I don't.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The one I end up making!

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Classics series based on IDW comic in vein of the DCAU would be the ideal series.

All designs based on Classics/Henkei and etc, the voicing would actually vary, wouldn't use Peter Cullen and Frank Welker over and over but get new voice actors in role, i mean Kevin Conroy doesn't always voice Batman.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    lolwut

Marvel G1 was a comic book, printed on paper.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think he got mixed up with Sunbow's G1. I mean Sunbow was owned by Marvel, I think?