New england fans UNITE!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Ironhide2005, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hey there guys I was thinking,why not start a transformers convention in rhode island every year?I mean its tf's homeland and I'd think it be really cool to start one. Was wondering if anyone out there whould agree.

2. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

yea that would be cool

3. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    After looking into it and stuff most are fanmade we should totally start this up and I am sure moe NE fans our out there.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I'd rather we have a Hasbro sponsored convention to celebrate ALL the great toy lines our local company has brought us.

Transformers, G.I. Joe, Play-Doh, My Little Pony, everything.

It'd be like BOTCON or JOECON but for EVERY line, toy, whatever they ever made.

Hasbro could even have the money gained from admission be donated to charity.

They could even have silent auctions for rare Hasbro items or even create some neat exclusive convention-only products where the money earned from them is also donated to charity.

HasbroToyShop can sell stuff there, as well as the Transformers and G.I. Joe club, to get in more members (maybe have a show-only special first membership discount of only $20).

Also, we could have a "first-buy" opportunity of new Hasbro products before they are mass released.

Meet your favorite designers and learn what goes into making toys.

Designer discussion panels.

Sneak peaks of upcoming product lines.

Learn the history of the company including the history behind it's greatest brands like Monopoly.

Dealer's room of Hasbro-only items. Sorry Mattel!

Toy Customizing seminars.

Live Entertainment.

Board game rooms.

NERF Shootouts!

Play-Doh creation area.

A kids t.v. room with all sorts of shows (Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Wars, etc).

Special Movie Screenings at the Providence Place Mall of their movies so far (Transformers (1986, 2007, 2009) G.I. Joe (80's, Resolute, 2009).

And MAYBE a tour of Hasbro again (MAYBE).

5. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Thats actually not a bad idea netkid. I was thinking of a fan made one but otherwise email hasbro about that.

6. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I think fanmade would be easy to do, plus a lot easier to organize rather than trying to get a hold of hasbro, but its still a great idea

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Most likely yes.

Plus, then we could get them as a side sponsor and then possibly have them become full sponsors of the show.

I mean pretty much all of my suggestions that would require them would only happen if they got involved.

The best I think we could do on our own, if we tried really hard would maybe be charity donations from admission, auctions, Dealer's room, toy customizing seminars, live entertainment, board game rooms, NERF shootouts, Play-Doh creation area, and A kids t.v. room with all sorts of shows (Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Wars, etc).

8. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I think maybe would seriously do a fanmade one and use like 50% of the profits towards hasbro and split the rest between our selves ;)