New Douchebaggery Alert

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snake_eyes1975, Jun 5, 2011.

?

Have you seen this yet?

1. YES! douchbags around here too

68 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. NO! people in my area are ALL honest angels

36 vote(s)
    34.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone else seen this?

I just went out hoping to find an HA roadbuster for the TRU BOGO sale. No luck, but I founf something in my area, that just pissed me off to no end.

At the Southgate TRU I found FOUR voyager optimus primes missing the mechtek weapon. I do not like the voyager prime so I havent bought one yet, so I dont know how its put in the package.

I drove by Taylor walmart because its on the way to the next TRU in dearborn. Almost HALF of the voyager Primes...MISSING mechtek weapons.

Got in the Dearborn TRU. They had about 8 voyager primes. SIX were missing Mechteks. I know the manager very well from working with him with my company, and he was there. I showed him, and he was pretty suprised. He picked one up off the shelf, and tugged on it...seemed pretty good, then he popped off a little clear plastic keeper, and the thing popped right off the interior blister, and fell into the box. He shook it out, and said "Well...THATS a problem" He thanked me, and I went on to the next store for the HA roadbuster hunt.

Went to a few Marshalls lookin for RTS legends. Found a Deluixe Bee with jetski, and trailbreaker. Just looking for SC, Megs, n Prime...so on to 7 miles TRU

Same thing...Went to the TF section. They about 4 Primes, 2 of them missing mechtek weapons.

This is pretty sad I think. Stores cant sell them like that.

Anyone else see this or is this just a Metro detroit scumbag doing this?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    If you think it is bad not wait until you go out shopping for MP RODIMUS. I can already see how many will have the Target Master missing.

It is a low shameful practice. If you want something to scalp don't fucking ruin the toy for the rest of us.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

That sucks but you said it yourself "metro Detroit".

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Douchebags are going to be douchebags....however, Hasbro could also eliminate the Try Me window opening....

Will probably solve such problems instantly.

5. bdougwrx

bdougwrx Well-Known Member

Not suprised

DOTM OP gun = Awesome!

DOTM OP himself = The suck :thumbdown 

6. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea.....Yea.... Shit just pisses me off man. and YEA..Detroit has a bad rep, but I live in the nothwestern suburbs...Kinda like the west part of chicago. Its real nice here, People take care of thier shit, So I hope you dont think the entire area is garbage. ITS NOT...but lemme tell ya if you wanna see what a post apocalyptic modern city looks like, I can take anyone around the BAD spots of detroit to fufill thier Madmax fantasy.
    Then there is Dearborn. There is a spot in Dearborn, and this AINT NO SHIT NEITHER, about a 3 miles stretch in Arab town where the ONLY signs that are in english are street signs. EVERY store and diner is in Arabic. The only thing missing is Hajis walkin around with AKs, to complete that falujah look.

So YEA..this area is rough in spots...there IS some good goin on in Detroit though. The Mexicans have totally rejuvinated southwest detroit, and it is actually NICE in spots. In the last 5 years the Mexican population has made the area by Holy Redemeer go from 10% occupation of stores, to almost 80+. Its nice to see.

As for where I was shopping, Some of the stores are a lil far from the trash parts...I was just wondering if its widespread

I think Hasbro made a mistake with the packaging on this one. I frown upon any and all types of thievery. ESPECIALLY TOYS. So lets see if we ever see any pics with a hundred Prime mechteks posted anywhere..That'll be a dead ringer

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Not really. Members of this fandom and others like it have proven that they will quite happily steal a weapon, a minicon, a piece of the figure or even the full figure if they feel so inclined.

A lot of it is down to store ignorance. They just dont give a shit. You could probably put an angry honey badger in a leader box and return it, the employee wont look twice.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Douchebags are everywhere.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Mine town's pretty small. I've seen returns on pegs, but never toy swaps or missing parts. *knocks on wood*

10. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist Veteran

News Credits:
    Closest thing I came to tha was going to a TRU near here, and while looking through the cards, I found a barricade who's bubble was cut from the outside, and the figure was taken out. The mechtech weapon was left in. I should have asked if I could have the weapon now that I think about when i turned the card in.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I saw it once. An Anti-hailfire droid squad battle pack with no guns or missile launchers.

12. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I've surprisingly never seen anything like this. I've got honest angels in my town.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Seriousily The retailers should do something about these returns.

14. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, there is a market for MechTek? I usually just toss my in my weapons drawer. Hmmm :) 

15. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ This.

There's this "collector" (or should I say scalper?) in my local area that bends cards, puts damage on the package on purpose. Why? Either he doesn't have the money to buy it and doesn't want anyone else to pick the item up, or....he's a douchebag. Maybe both. It doesn't matter if its TFs, Hot wheels, Star Wars, etc etc. If you go to a local Walmart, TRU or Target, and every other item on the pegs are mostly mint, but you got this one thing that's "rabbit eared".......yeah....that was him.

16. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Umm....I see that here too. Is that a strategy that people do? WHY? The logic eludes me on that one

17. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Might try this too see if I can get that mech tech.

18. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are bitter, selfish people that believe:

A) If they can't have it, no one will
    B) It is fun to eff stuff up for others
    C) Both A and B

I really hope I never witness something like that happening because it won't be fun for the douchebag I catch doing that. My level of tolerance for that kind sh** is pretty low. Fortunately, I haven't seen any of OP's guns missing in my area. I have seen HA figures returned with the wrong figure inside (i.e. a cheap deluxe figure shoved in there instead) and put back on the shelf. I have also been seeing empty Lego Minifigure packets opened and empty in stores.

There are douchebags everywhere. If you see one, make him look like the ass he is by embarassing him in the store.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I have seen a ton of toy swapping, but all the MechTech weapons are intact.

20. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Closest thing to this I've seen wasn't even transformers. It was a bunch of the halo megablocks blind packs, all open and missing the figures, hidden behind the display for them. Thankfully my area is pretty good about stuff like this most of the time though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.