new DotM Voyager Ironhide pictures.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not sure it's entirely worth it to post these, as they'll probably be taken down within the next day, but I figured I'd give it a shot. There's bound to be someone who'd enjoy seeing these. Found them over on 4chan.

Nothing majorly new, but it's nice to see what I'm assuming is his properly transformed bot-mode. Whoever has these to take pictures of must have at least two copies, as the second picture has him with two copies of his cannon.

While I'm not thrilled about him only coming with one cannon, I think he looks better with just one of his ginormous cannons, rather than two of them. For me at least, he's a must-have, and will probably be the first figure from this line that I get. Meanwhile I'm already in the process of turning the original one into Soundwave. Might reserve his cannons to try and mod them onto this new figure.

Edit: Added the additional pictures. I really like how his back kibble folds up, and it looks as though the hood/grill pieces might actually lock into place this time, lol.

Edit2: Added two more additional pictures that have popped up. Proves that he can hold his previous incarnations weapons. I'll definitely be painting up my old Ironhide's cannons to go with the new one.

Edit3: Thanks to a tip from Peaugh, here are two more pictures of Ironhide.

This one show's him next to two of his previous counterparts, and visually confirming what Peaugh has been telling us about his height.
    [​IMG]

This one has him standing next to the new Voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron figures. Kinda odd seeing him taller than Megatron. Makes me hope for a new Leader Megatron even more, lol.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lack of his real cannons is annoying, but otherwise, the figure looks great. Love how all the vehicle parts come together to form a very svelte and muscular looking 'bot.

Still not quite as burly as his on-screen counterpart, but not quite as lean as his original figure, either.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are the best looking pics I've seen so far!!!

May finally have to retire my 07 voyager.

4. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

This Ironhide is fantastic. Now we just have to hope there will be a new Voyager Ratchet. Thanks for posting these.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty much this, wonder if I could use the original's cannons on this one...

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Wow, looks great.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now how many folks are going to come in here saying that this looks awesome after judging it in the picture treads before even though we knew it was mistransformed?

Anyway, it's about time Ironhide got a respectable mold at a larger class size.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Looks promising. Hopefully the new transformation adds a little height to this guy. Can't wait to see some comparitive shots of him (hopefully in the near future). I really hope that not all of the figures have these goofy ass weapons (though it looks like it thus far). I would really like some of the new characters to have a nice clean version for display.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Looks like he 3rd time is a charm. Liked the TF1 voyager/Recon, didn't like the chest/torso connection. Thought the deluxe was overrated. This one looks good. Hopefully the chest/torso is not a PITA to secure. Dig the mold a lot.

10. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Instant Buy!

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    He can use the recon version's cannons, so the originals might work as well

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    He's a little shorter than the previous voyager mold.

The chest is a bit of a pain, just getting it to hook in right. The whole front of the vehicle is pin-hinged together and collapses on itself for transformation. Once you get him fully TF'd he holds together fairly decently.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Does this new figure have as much detents on the joints as the TF1 voyager? I dig detents/ratchets. Is it more poseable?

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Detents? He's pretty poseable, although the shoulders are a little wonky. most joints are hinges or balls, but everything seems nice and tight. He'll hold a pose, even with his giant cannon on his arm.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    A lot of us have been incredibly iffy on the protruding mechtech pegs in vehicle mode. Do they look as intrusive in hand as they did in the first pictures?

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't even really notice them. I mean, they're THERE, but they're not a fun killer or anything.

*edit* the thread on /toy/ has more pics in it, some with one cannon and some vehicle mode shots.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    WOW!

Still too bad about the big mechtech pegs on vehicle mode..they annoy me, but robot mode correctly transformed = AWESOME! Will definitely get this one, and probably put the NEST Ironhide guns on him!

I do think his legs are a bit too long, think Ironhide is a bit more squat. That's a minor complaint, I'm sure he will look less tall as soon as he's loaded with huge guns on his arms.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Detents are the form of "soft" ratchet joint, usually where there's a small nub of plastic that digs into regularly spaced divots in an opposing piece of plastic.

Detented joints could often be found on the Marvel Legends figures, especially towards the end of Toy Biz's run. Other examples would be like Classics Rodimus' canopy, where there's obvious resting spots at either extreme of its rotation.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Actually, the knees are double jointed. You can collapse them and make him look a little squatter and tougher than in those pics.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Problem solved! Thanks!