New DotM TRU 3-pack found in Australia

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ScottyP, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, all of the boxed sets this year have really stunk. Oh well, saving tons of money

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Hmm. Interesting find. Guess we know what the Shockwave and Prime were from. But is the Bumblebee new? I can't quite remember.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ We haven't seen it yet, but it's just "battle damage." They didn't even fix that awful "shiny face."

I don't get how anyone can get excited over something in a box that's the same as what's on the pegs, right overhead. This is definitely a set for grandmas to get kids a nice little TF pack with "good guys and bad guys."

I miss Fallen/Megatron/Soundwave, Whirl/Bludgeon and Mixmaster/Hoist...of course, I didn't buy them, and they shelfwarmed like mad!

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    ..And I just bought the shockwave...looks like Ill have doubles now

6. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    theres the grey shocky and BD BB and OP

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I like this....IT SAVES ME LOADS OF MONEY! :lol 

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's Passtacular.

TRU where in 5 years you'll be finding this stuff at 4 bucks and it won't even budge off the shelf.

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darn. I was hoping the rumored TRU exclusive set with a Voyager would have something good, like a movie-accurate ROTF Voyager Megatron repaint. I at least wish they could've given us new characters.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not bad...not bad..SW looks decent. Prime...OK..I got fireburst..BB...Enh..I held off for cyberfire I dont see the CLEAR cannon...this one is all grey, so must be a target exclusive for the clear one

$50..

Walmarts voyagers alaround here are $15...
    Deluxe bout $10

So for $10 more I can get a repaint set, Of mediocre repaints I already have...

The SMART marketing of this one would have been Shockwave Vs Prime, with BONUS BB tacked on the side for $40. But what do I know....

Mabye I will buy this 3 years from now when TRU clearances them

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pass, but I like the idea of a gray DOTM Shockwave being an homage to both the Pre-TF toy and TFA Shockwave.

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

How much do those TFs normally cost in Australia?

Either way, yippee. Another red and blue Prime and a yellow and black Bumblebee. My god.

13. Burnout

Burnout Autobot Mercenary

wow this is truly sh&tacular. Two figures i don't give a devestator scrote about and a meh repaint of shock wave (that i call shackwave!). how about some...oh i dunno...some NEW SHI&T like maybe the red ferrari guy or the third dred......

14. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am just tired of seeing Bee being re-painted.

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The TRUs here don't clearance anything it seems. They still was $30 for Classics Countdown.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Fixed. You meant the Dread who gets shot in the face by Ironhide,right? (AKA,the second one to die)

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Given how long even the GOOD Toys R Us exclusives tend to warm shelves, I suspect these will still be available at your local Toys R Us around the time our grandchildren are inventing teleportation....

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    This is the 3rd or 4th Dark of the Moon TRU Exclusive that shows no sign of showing up in the UK - anyone got any idea if any of them will or not ? (also the warwithin and Cyberverse exclusive stuff)

I wouldn't mind if they made a few more Scanning Series toys too - It might even look quite good fun to see the idea applied to others... like Movie Jazz, 2007 Arcee, or Ravage.

But then I'd love to see the Cyberglyph series made to include some of the other HFTD and ROTF 'Alliance' toys ; like Brawn, Hailstorm, Thrust, Tomahawk, Gears, Lockdown.

Though some would just be great to see as straight sensible repaints perhaps in the 2012 filler line.

I would say that if they made some of the nicest Mechtech and normal moulds in the colours they have as alternatives (due to RPM and Legions) that would be great.

Like a Blue Lockdown.
    a Deluxe Red or Blue HFTD Ironhide
    Battle Blade Bumblebee as stealth Bumblebee or
    Nitro Bumblebee as Cliffjumper
    a repaint of Warpath as Groundpounder or whoever.
    Tomahawk as whirl

They had some much nicer moulds in the pre-Dark of the Moon toys I feel over all but even in the DOTM toys there's some value in repaints like a Blue & silver or Black & Silver Barricade. or a Ramjet from the DOTM Deluxe Starscream mould. I also think the new Airraid needs faction swapping into a Decepticon sometime.

But anyway some creative use of repaints is always preferable to another nearly the same Bumblebee & Optimus toy.

If I bought that boxed set i'd mainly be buying it for Shockwave - but then I mainly bought the Nemesis set for The Soundwave so its the same again a boxed set with to many things in it that don't excite.

The War For Cybertron one at least had some sense to it it represents the use of the characters in-gam abilities and Megatron as either dark energon enhanced or as Galvatron.

So even though there's not a huge difference I feel that set works and I quite like some of the Cyberverse repaint gift sets too - as between them you get 3 slightly different Crankcases as dreads and I like a grey Bumblebee Bunker repaint it looks nice and matches the ark better (as it functions as its front ramp) so they have some use - heck even the bonkers Optimus Prime one looks a bit like the G2 Optimus trailer.

So If I see the logic in a repaint I support them - i'm not that impressed with Bee and Optimus in this set though.

19. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    :lolol  Wow, I called it. When that Shockwave first showed up online I figured it would be part of a really lame TRU exclusive set with a goofy "street something or other" title. Sho' 'nuff

20. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Yeah, RedAlertRescue... I'd love Warpath as Gutcruncher, Sparkcrusher, Groundpounder... whatever. But I think he's already flagged to become Hardhead at some point. Mind you, I'm poised with my kitbashing tools to take care of that.