new dotm galleries

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Whoa ! More paint on Roadbupster !? Nice gold ! ...in fact, these galleries make these toys look better.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    These toys look really damn cool when people actually bother to take good picture of them. Topspin actually looks pretty incredible in the Roadbuster gallery.

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yes, the Wreckers look amazing.

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I checked Roadbuster's and Crankcase's galleries.awesome.sadly,RD is a custom..I wish it wasn't...

anyway,I'm afraid to open other galleries..knowing that guy,he could make me want everything

edit:checked the one with BB too...that figure looks really cool.I might pick it

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Wow even though it's only a bit of paint the Gold really works well on Roadbuster.

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This really highlights the size gulf that exists now between leader and voyager figures now the voyagers have shrunk. I think Hasbro need to scrap voyagers as they are now and create a new mid range size class, something the size/price of Ultras but without electronics would be good.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hasbro's never going to scrap voyagers. They've only shrunk for now because of the mechtech weapons being so large. they're the same size altogether as past voyagers. Sorta like Animated Lugnut, who's still voyager sized but because of how the palstic is distributed in his bulky form he ends up short. Once Mech tech moves on Voyagers will return to their normal size. However I wouldn't be against Ultras returning without electronics at a lower price.

9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah :thumbs2: 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's nice to see some well taken photos of some of these toys for once, lol. Hopefully they put up a Nitro Bumblebee gallery soon. I'm really curious to see how he looks from different angles. Looking at that group shot, Nitro Bee is really the only one that I'm interested in, tbh.

11. Soundwavedotm

Soundwavedotm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got nitro bb coming Monday next week so will upload a video on YouTube and do a pictorial for peeps :) )) but loving roadbuster and topspin I got them last week there fully posable and i reckon will be kickarse characters!!!

12. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    all fidures here has been modded by the owner

reoainted skhammer and roadbister, modded bumblebees, sentinel and crankcase (hands cutted)

this is def not news-worthy but still cool 8execpt cutting crankcase hands..)

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the author said Jolt is a piece of shit. Or rather, compared to the others he got..

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Which would make voyager class redundant anyway, it's why they killed ultra class in the first place afterall.
    I'm not suggesting they just stop the voyager class outright, they could do what you just suggested/put another $5 on the price and call that voyager class for the next however many years until another change is needed.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    he said that Whirl is VERY fun to play with, while Bumblebee is not really an improvement its "alright". So him and jolt are a no go for me.

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whirl looks good. I like how his rotors form a cannon.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Author also said that roadbuster looks so incompatible with Topspin just because of alt mode.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

The more I see of Whirl, the more I want him. I think he looks like a genuinely awesome little transformer. And the fact he doubles as a BFG targetmaster, makes it even better.

I wanted to give that Jolt a chance, but the fact that the shoulders don't actually tab in to anything really turned me off of that figure. Shame.

19. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

So what is the helicopter's real name? Whirl or Windmill?

20. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    This may be true, but I can understand why they did it this way, and it all boils down to the very same thing that everything else does....

Money.

Think about the market for Dale Earnhardt Jr. fanatics out there. My guess is that Jr. fans and collectors will be more inclined to purchase a transformer that looks more like the actual stock car than a mess of cybertronian moldings and weapons. It would look better in there collection of memorablia. Plus, the movie version (that we've seen so far) has a wide open front end. That may not translate well in toy form.

Kudos to Hasbro for tapping into the NASCAR fans out there, especially Jr. fans. Sure there Jimmy Johnson fans, and fans of whoever the heck drives the Target car, but no where near the amount of loyal Jr. backers.

My opinion: nice to have diversity in the toyline, though I will be upset if the movie does not feature the actual stock cars before they drive around all weaponized.