new DOTM crankcase variant?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Cindersaur, Oct 10, 2011.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    So i just got a DOTM crankcase for $5ish(target mobile coupon -$5 off)....and he has two strange things going on...one hand is remolded...when looking from the bottom...the right side is remolded (his left hand) and on the left side (his right hand) the middle finger is cut...

has anyone seen this?

I have the uncut one...and i have a few that are remolded hands...but none with one of each...

just curious...the assortment code/ embossed 5 digit # on the bottom is 11121...which i have never seen before...

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I bought one with that code and both hands were the re-molded ones.

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's sort of mid-swap time on the hands. Not sure why they have ones out there with only one hand remolded. I have one from that code, and it has the same thing. Later numbers have the complete swap of both hands like it's supposed to have.

4. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read some where that they changed it because the original version could be posed with his middle finger up...lol...true story

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    This whole hand business is ridiculous. It's incredible the initial design went as far as it did to begin with, then they sloppily cut off the offending fingers, and now the remolded hands are all mixed up with the clipped ones. (and all the ones on eBay are conveniently in car mode) Urgh, I really want to buy Crankcase, but with intact fingers of some sort.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well to be honest, I don't care that much about having a long or short finger... but I'd return anything with broken parts (which is essentially what's being sold to us when it comes to the clipped product) without any hesitation.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have one flipping off one that has cut fingers.