New dlc?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by poorboy8u, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    And this thread dives strait into hell. Seriously, must people turn these threads into religious levels of arguing?

Why not let people like what they like and not piss in their Cheerios?

2. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    I'm not going to get into the huge crux of this argument because my feelings are more involved than 'YAYALLDLC' or 'FUCKYOUPEOPLEFORSCREWINGUSYOUSCUMBAGS', but just to go ahead and point out the problems with a 'divided community' that 'compatibility packs' and people are discribing as catchall solutions.

Divided Community: This works........if you're MW or COD and have a few million people playing your game. In an incredibly niche game like Transformers you can't afford to divide a community. It'll rapidly increase the rate of people dropping away from the game for something new. Also, DLC purchase rates are relatively low, especially on something non-essential like a skin pack(the DLCs we're currently discussing).

If you're total install base across all systems is(and I'm completely making these numbers up, they don't apply to any particular game) 1,000,000 and only 20%(a number I've been led to believe would be incredibly optimistic) purchase your DLC, you're talking about a community of only 200,000 across all system that could play with eachother. Now divide that group by platform, take into account differing time schedules, and you've essentially got a not existent side of your community. You are, in fact, discouraging people from buying your new content.

Now, the reason why update patchs and such are not quite a catch all are more based in good ol' money. That platform providers, Sony/Microsoft, charge HUGE amounts of money for any update. And rightfully so. They have to pay for bandwidth and storage solutions on an incredibly huge scale. No company WANTS to pay more fees for something. You can argue all you want about companies being to cheap or whatever you want. But at the end of the day, your choice is likely going to be A)disclocked content to keep updates to a minimum or B)significantly higher pricepoints on ALL DLC to make up for update costs. And that's going to INCLUDE Singleplayer DLC prices, as they'll be increased to balance out multiplayer DLC costs.

So, no, update patches and divided communities are not an answer. Atleast, not for niche titles like FoC.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can understand the arguments for both ways and I'm pretty ambivalent about it. Some make sense, some don't. In the end I just get to decide whether or not what is being offered is of value to me regardless of how it is delivered. So far I've decided that, while I definitely want it, the DLC for FoC is not worth the current price tag (although it is close! Those Insecticons do look pretty darn cool, and the Dinobots as well)

4. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, debating the value of DLC, on disc or not, is completely valid. Including whether it is or isn't on disc in that debate is ALSO valid. (For example, while I got the Dinobot DLC because those characters made it worth it's value in my world view, I likely won't be paying for the Insecticons because they don't).

Acting like there are NO legitimate reasons for on-disc DLC, acting like anyone who buys it is a fool with no sense of value, and whining like an infant because 'ZOMG a business is putting profits before their precious customers fe-fes' is sad and pitiful.

If you want to discuss the legitimacy of on-disc DLC, please do. In appropriate venues. Running into each and every thread that looks like maybe it just might possibly contain discussion of DLC and screaming 'DISC-LOCKEDCONTENTTHEY'REJUSTSCREWINGYOUYOUIDIOTSSTOPBUYINGTHISSTUFFYOU'REDUMB.' needs to stop. Here and every where else on the internet. It's not constructive at all.

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Wishing I would have passed on the Dinobutts, this is going to be great.

6. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

Since day one I've had my main titan class named Tiller.

He only uses DLC parts

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Hahahaha

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Bwahahaha. I award you 15 irony points good sir. :) 

9. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Haha that's awesome

10. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

Please tell me this pack is only 10 dollars as well. THIS would be the most worth while DLC for 10 dollars.

The only thing better would be a DLC Autobot city level in multiplayer taking place during the 1986 movie and Autobot city for multiplayer.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't have to imagine it, because that's how High Moon did it for WfC.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    The trouble with JUST new character models to play as is that its cool for about the first 5 minutes

We need some new maps! More escalation!

I'm VERY disappointed that I haven't wanted to play escalation as much as in wfc. Its probably my favorite mp mode but the options are so sparce/pre-defined that its hard to wanna keep replaying the same couple maps over and over and over

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    HOLY ASS SHIT! I NEED a Hardshell toy yesterday!