New details on movie title and plot!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fighbird, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fighbird

Fighbird Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some startling new information about the exact meaning of the title for ROTF (confirmed through Paramount's official site!), plus a short plot synopsis on the movie itself!!!

Check it out here!!!

Update: Okay, the synopsis may be fake, as I've just found out, but the title translation and plural content has just been confirmed by Paramounts' danish offices! :) 

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    That plot synopsis first appeared, IIRC, on the IMDB. It's made up.

As for the translation, the weight of evidence thus far suggests the Fallen refers to a singular character.

3. Fighbird

News Credits:
    Didin't know about the IMDB listing - didin't make sense to me anyways what with Scorponok mentioned and all. :p 

And I know that everything until now points towards a singular Fallen character, but the official danish translation of the movie title - as provided on the official danish webpage for the movie from Paramount - uses a plural prefix about the Fallen. This I would take as official confirmation, IMHO.

Looking at the site here (Transfomers : De Faldnes Hævn : Premiere 26.06.09), it clearly says "De faldnes hævn", which is plural. In singular form it would have been "Den faldnes hævn". True, the "n" could be missing by mistake, but then again, it is also missing in the HTML header.

Will attempt to contact Paramount DK for confirmation.

4. Fighbird

News Credits:
    ... and they just confirmed to me that the translation is correct. :) 

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It could just be a translation issue as well. The Fallen is plural in everyday English, but when in reference to a title or a name, it could be taken as a singular. I guess it'd depend on what proceeds it.
    The fallen are rising - plural
    -or-
    The Fallen is risen - singular

Either way, I guess we'll find out in a few months.

6. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    *Fixed*

You changed tense too. No sense in confusing anyone whose first language isn't English!

Also - I don't think it's inherently plural OR singular. As you said, either can be specified (even when it's NOT a proper noun) by switching the verb agreement. In this case, we just know it's singular because of the pre-existing Transformers character.

7. Fighbird

News Credits:
    No, we *assume* it's singular because of the pre-existing Transformers character, which may or may not appear in the movie (even with the big face already seen on the packaging samples). The person I talked to hinted that the plural prefix we are seing in the translation relates to the fallen Decepticons rather than one single/specific character.

Could be a local interpretation of the title/plot/settings from Paramount Denmark, granted, but I reckon they've seen enough preview material to make an educated assesment on this by now; wouldn't make sense to translate it like they had if it hadn't been okay'ed by the US brass at Paramount.

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Posted before. Taken from IMDB. Not News. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.