New DC SuperHeroes Waves

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rod, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yours is stuck, since mine rotates just fine.

Which version did you get? Mine has the Chrome S, which I think looks rather sharp.

2. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

got my Blue Supergirl and Chrome Steel from a guy over at fwooshnet. he only charged 21 w/shipping. otherwise id be out in the cold...

Anyone hear anything as to the exclusivity of Cyborg Supes? Last I heard there were 2 versions. Specialty market with comic and regular distro without but no release date

3. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Well, wouldnt you know it... the day after i get the ones from fwooshnet i find an other Steel at walmart... NOW UP FOR TRADE!

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Does your Steel's shoulder's stick? I'm too scared to even try to rotate mine, it's so tight it feels like it's going to snap.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No shoulder problems here. It's probably just paint lock. Give it a twist!*

* - Jarodimus is not responsible for damages. ;) 

6. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

New pics here!

Dang! They all look good. I want them all!

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn those rock! Where's that Batman from?

8. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Two-Face looks great, and Batgirl makes me wish I hadn't bothered with the DCDirect version. But... ANOTHER Batman, plus a Bane redeco? Erg. And whatever happened to the Catwoman figure for whom we saw a 2-up at last year's SDCC? I thought she would be in this wave.

Huh. I just realized the Two-Face body is the same mold as Clark Kent from the Target 2-pack. And it looks like the mold was originally intended to be Harvey, because there's a sculpted line down the middle of the tie. No wonder CK was so skinny!

I don't understand why DC won't let Mattel have the rights to the full DCU character lineup. It's not like they've stopped making DCDirect Batman and Superman figures. I want the DC equivalent of Marvel Legends, dammit! We should've gotten figures of B- and C-list characters like The Ray, Damage, Fire, Dr. Polaris, and Hector Hammond by now! And I still want a figure of Guy Gardner from his Warrior days....

9. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    I find it almost unbeleivable how Mattel has screwed up this line already, and it's only in it's infancy. Look at all the repaints already? There are MORE caracters in DC then "Superman" and "Batman" ... geez.. someone get these guys a comic book.

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great, a Bane redeco; there are stores around here that still have the original release of that figure. Hell, most places in my area still have the first Batman wave and barely got the second. I'm also somewhat disappointed that we have pictures of this new Batman wave, but there still aren't any clear shots of the Cyborg Superman figure.

You could give Mattel all the comics you want and it wouldn't help because, as already noted...

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I think I'm done with this line. The new Batman wave has not ONE new figure. I was under the impression Batgirl was going to be a simple re release since it was a Target exclusive. Two-Face is just Clark Kent with a new head, and Bane was a shelf-warmer and can be found at Big Lots for God's sake. Add on to that DC's unwillingness to let The Four Hourseman to make any figures they want and the 600 Supermans on the shelves and you have a recipe for a short-lived line.

It had alot of potential too.

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'd personally like to see Animal Man, although that's a real longshot (I know there's the "52" figure, but I like my heroes to have a bit more articulation). Or even if they're stuck with Superman and Batman, there are ways they could change it up a little. I'd like to see a non-animated style Batman Beyond, or maybe the DC One Million versions of the World's Finest. (I'm on a bit of a Grant Morrison kick lately, if you haven't guessed)

Oh, also on my never-gonna-happen wishlist: a Starman 8-pack :D 

13. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I've just gotten back into this line, the villains are just so good I couldn't resist. Tried out my new camera with them the other night, still fine tuning them but here's a couple of shots I took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I think the way cases are packed sucks. I still see regular and black S Supes a lot from the earlier orange packaging waves, as well as Scarecrows and Banes. The Steel wave with Steel, Supergirl and others I have barely seen in regular stores. Then more purple packaged Superman, but little else. Now more Batman stuff that will warm shelves. Argh.

15. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Wow, I just walked in a Target store only an hour ago and got lucky. Found me the black suit Supes. No problems with the paint apps or nothing. Now I can stop hunting for him on Ebay. Yay!

16. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Yeah. I just got the DCD 52 Animal Man this weekend. Looks alright, but sorely lacking in articulation. They didn't even give him ball-jointed shoulders -- just swivels. And at least Mattel realizes that human hips have lateral movement capability.

Got IC Wave 2 Firestorm, too. It's pretty good, even though he's posed like he's surrendering in the package. He has ball-jointed shoulders and pivot ankles, in addition to the standard DCD articulation. I was afraid his "flame" base was going to be as worthless as the one from Starfire a few years ago, but it's MUCH better. (It's actually sturdy enough to fulfill its only purpose.)

Ooh. I'd LOVE One Million figures. But they'd have to actually make new Superman and Batman body molds for those, so they probably won't happen in the Mattel line. :banghead: 

:thumb  I've been on a Grant Morrison kick for 11 years. (But Seven Soldiers flew nearly completely over my head.) Still need to get his Doom Patrol run....

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keeping the thread alive with the magic of pictures and pictures of magic...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't notice it until I took these pictures, but that's not a flash effect or anything: Black Suit Superman does have a lot of blue in the hair. It's not immediately obvious when just looking at the toy, but shows up clearly with bright light.

18. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Man, I need me a digital cam, just for Ebay purposes.

Anyways, there are many times that I've bought DCSH figs and found white powder like residues on them. Nothing major, something you can just wipe off. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Or is it just me?

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    One day I might actually find a Darksied, then I will drop dead of a heart attack.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Heh, I actually picked up Darkseid at TRU, shockingly enough. I like the black Batman, I'll pick him up, the rest are an easy pass.

That is, if I ever see it, given the glut that Superman has become on the shelves around here.