New DC SuperHeroes Waves

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rod, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Have both waves begun to pop up everywhere? Ive picked up Kal El, Parasite, and Mongrul, and passed on Orange Doomsday, and re release supes and supergirl, and darkseid. still havent seen Steel, Black costume or Cyborg Supes or Blue Costume SG.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up Darkseid -sense I never found the previous one- and passed on Mongul, Kal-El, Steel and the repaints. Still haven't found the new mould Supergirl and I hope I don't regret passing on Mongul and Steel sense every time I pass up a figure in this line -screw you Brainiac!- I can never find them a second time! :lol 

Still, these waves seem to have some weird assortments attached to them if you look at BBTS' preorder page for them. That, and I believe it's been stated that there's a strange case floating around out there for wave five or six that's nothing but Bizarro #1's and repainted black S filled Superman's. Talk about ridiculous!

3. noob

noob Well-Known Member

you should pick up steel. i mean have you see his pictures?
    he's awesome.

let me know if you still need a brainiac, i can probably still find him here.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm still trying to find the elusive modern super girl from that line

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the latest wave at my local Target, but all they had was a ton of regular Superman, 'black symbol' Superman and the new Bizarro...which is pretty typical for DC Superheroes around here; Superman warms shelves and the villains and other characters are virtually impossible to find. I just gave up and pre-ordered the Assortment "T" case from BBTS (the one with Cyborg Superman), since I figure there's no chance I'll ever see that one in stores.

6. Rod

I want to preorder that set too, but I'm not sure what the "Superman Variant" listed is.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Probably just the one with the black S that's been around a lot recently.

8. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

If it lists Superman Variant by itself, then I believe that's the balck emblem Supes one.

The Cyborg and gray/black Supes is clearly described as Variant but with a denotation at the end. That would be case assortment G and T from BBTS.

My question is how hard will it be to find the Cyborg and black/gray Supes in retail? Or are they internet exclusive only? I'm confused.

Heck, I still need me Batgirl and the first regular Supergirl. Plus, the new blue Supergirl with new head mold. I wish TRU would stock some new ones cause all I ever see them carry are Scarecrows and Banes, whereas Target and Walmart carry Supermans. Villains are dam sure rare to find though.

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Steel looked awesome when I saw him... just had some limited funds there for awhile and picked up the movie version of Ghost Rider instead (had just seen the movie and loved it :lol  )

I'm attempting to win Brainiac in an auction on eBay right now, but if that falls through I'll keep your offer in mind. :thumb 

What's nuts is that the one I was trying to get on eBay went up to about $50 before the end... I respectfully bowed out at $25...

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Saw an orange Doomsday the other day at TRU, but passed on him since I have the blue one.

Starting to feel like that was a bad move, hope he is'nt rare. Would suck if that was my only chance

11. noob

noob Well-Known Member

the case ratios in this line have been all wonky. and it doesn't help that they have 5-6 different case packouts, and villians and the blue supergirl are only in one case. we are going to have A LOT of supes on the shelves.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't realize the first Supergirl figure from this line was rare; I passed over the 'yellow symbol' version three or four times before finally getting the 'black symbol' release. Should have bought them all...

13. Rod

I think most people are looking for the blue costumed supergirl, the other 2 are pretty common

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, that particular Supergirl is pretty common because no one seems to want her. The new one that is a part of wave five (blue outfit and new head mold) is the one that everyone's after.

15. Rod

I was looking at the new case layouts and didnt see the new Supergirl listd anywhere

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen some of the "rare" figures and passed on them, not knowing they were rare. Oi

17. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Is the Cyborg SuperHeroes Supes out ?!?!?!?!!? I cant even find him on eBay.

18. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I've been seeing Kal-El Supes' wave all around. Hardly any of the Steel wave so far, though.

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think he or black suit Supes have been reported yet, even though they're on current cross-sells.

In a related question (since they're under the DCSH banner now), has anyone seen the JLU 3-pack with yellow jumpsuit Shayera and -- most importantly -- THE RAY? I can't find any indication that they've shown up, but I might've missed something.

(In case you hadn't guessed, the Ray is my favorite DC character EVAR, largely because of the extremely excellent and far too short-lived series written by Christopher Priest in the mid '90s. I was ecstatic when they finally brought him into the Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters mini-series last month! I hope they keep using him.)

20. noob

noob Well-Known Member

cyborg supes is rumoured to be an online exclusive. no definitive word on whether they'll show up in stores.