New DC Super Heroes wave out: Steel, Parasite, New sculpt Supergirl

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Gears, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today at Walmart I found the new DC Super Heros wave. I picked up Steel, who is awesome!

[​IMG]

They also had Parasite, who I passed on. This wave has a new Supergirl with her current costume and a nicer head sculpt. I passed because the 2 I saw had kind of sloppy paint. There was also a Doomsday repaint in lava type colors. Here's a pic of the whole wave from the cardback:

[​IMG]

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Steel looks like he's ready to go a few rounds with Hulkbuster Iron Man. :rock 

I do so love armored characters

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I saw the Superman and Bizarro but none of the others. I hope to get Supergirl when I see her.

4. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

You lucky bastard! I just saw the new packaging today from afar and was like "ARE THOSE NEW DCSH!?!?!?!" and ran to them. Alas, only 2 variant Superman and 1 regular Superman were left. :( 

5. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Steel is sweet and I can't wait to get Supergirl. I saw six pegs full of the new DCSH packages, but they were all Superman and Bizarro. It looked like that was all that was in the case.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I don't collect DCD but Steel looks pretty damn sweet... I'll decide if I see it in person whether to get or not.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it helps, they're not DC Direct. They're Mattel's DC Superheroes line, and as such, they're much easier to find (Mattel's packing methods aside), since you can find them in any mass-market toy department, as opposed to the specialty-store-only DCD figures.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Saw this wave the other day, but no Steel. He seems like the bst on from the bunch im. The Doomsday fig is pretty sweet.

Now Im hoping for an armored Thor, so I can give him Steel's hammer

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

...Does anyone else prefer Supergirl in the her DCAU White shirt costume? :( 

10. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes and no, their 2 different people. Got the new Supergirl and Parasite, if I hadn't got the DCD Steel a few years ago I would of got the new one. i just hope we don't get to many "Heat Visioned" Doomsday like figures ( this comming from a Trans-repaint everything twice-formers fan.)

11. lordsidious001

lordsidious001 Well-Known Member

that would be awsome :thumb 

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    im so far behind on my DCSH....i need azreal, luthor, darksied, braniac, and now parasite. though ill pass on all the rest. ive got a supergirl, and while id probably prefer this new costume, i cant see myself buying another, unless i sell the other one....we'll see....and when is mattel gonna get smart and not just keep focusing on bats and sups? they need to do like marvel legends and go all out across the DCU....

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up the Steel and he is an awesome figure.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have the DC Direct Return of Superman Steel which I think is a great sculpt. But after seeing the new Super Heroes Steel I picked him up on Ebay. I just love the Chrome S-Shield on his chest its truly an eye catcher.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I bought those back when they came out I actually really like that storyline the Eradicator was my favorite, but I liked them all.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I want Supergirl.

Then I can have her fight Linda Danvers Supergirl. Then they can kiss and make up. And then pet each other. And then... er...

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [Zoidberg] Go on.... [/Zoidberg]

Don't I wish. I believe DC wouldn't give them the rights to the whole DCU enchilada, probably because they didn't want the DCD figures completely overshadowed. :( 

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I actually know a store that still has this figure and I keep thinking on getting it. I have Cyborg and Eradicator and the other 3 are still there. But with this coming out, I think I'll het chromium Steel instead.

And if they got the full DCU rights, I'd love it. We could have some nice Green Lanterns, maybe a Blue Beetle figure, Booster Gold, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Flash, etc. I love DC Direct and all but they are syplized. Some generic looking versions of these characters would be great.

19. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I just got the new Supergirl and it looks great. The only problem is that mine has two right hands. I called Mattel and they are sending me a $10 voucher to use on a new one (because it is new they can't replace it) so I hope to find another to replace it. If nothing else when I find room to display it I will try to find a way to do so without it being so obvious.