New DBZ Season Box Sets

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, May 22, 2007.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Season 2 was released today.

It's been years and years since I watched DBZ. I don't even know where my old bootlegged subbed VHS copies are anymore.

Anyways, Funimation has been remastering the series uncut in 1080 (I forget if it's i or p) and releasing it in 16:9 format. Season 1 is the Vegeta Saga. Season 2 is Namek and Ginyu. 3 Audio options. Original Japanese with subtitles, English Language with US Music, or English with original Japanese Music. 5.1 surround too.

The do look pretty good. And like I said, I haven't seen them in years, so it's been fun to watch them again.

Been searching the net to see if they'll give the same treatment to Dragon Ball, my favorite of the 3 series. Seems no plans yet :cry 

So....anyone else picked these up?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I grabbed Season 1, and I'll grab Season 2. I really hope they do the original DB like this as well.

I dont care if they do GT, because since Toriyama wasnt involved, I don't consider it as an actual part of the story.

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn season 2 came out today?

Looks like I need to place an order!

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    deepdiscountdvd.com has it for 30 bucks with free shipping. If you're gonna pick it up, there's no better way.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll get 1&2 at some point but am looking forward to the Cell saga as it is my fav of the stories.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Android/Cell saga will be next.

7. DevilzFan

No. Season 2 is Namek and Ginyu. Season 3 will be Frieza and Garlic Jr. Season 4 will be Trunks and the Androids, and probably Cell.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i might pick up just the freeza saga, and maybe season one. and maybe, just maybe the cell saga, but after that, *buu* it just seems to repeat it self over and over again.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

If it helps any Devilzfan this site has links to streamed episodes of the original Dragonball series. I believe these are from the Canadian dub by Ocean Group. As I recall Ocean Group's dub of DB and DBGT to be uncut, accurate translations with the Japanese soundtrack.

It's no DVD but at least you can see DB uncut, the Piccolo Jr. vs Goku fight is pretty brutal :) 

And I'm not sure that they'll release season 3, 4 or 5 on DVD as boxsets as 1)They've long since released those seasons on DVD and 2)I'm sure I've seen on Ebay Boxsets of the Android-Cell saga as well as the Buu saga.

And yes the first half of the Frieza saga before Funimation took the regns sported deaths way more graphic then the TV dub showed. Actually I was surprised by how much more violent the first season and a half were

10. DevilzFan

Considering the season 1 and 2 box sets spine's contain the first and second part of a mural type thingy, I'm confident the entire series will be done in this fashon.

And thanks for the DB Link Shaun!

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:thumb 

No prob, I use that site to watch Digimon Savers actually. But watched a few DB episodes for nostalgia. My fav was seeing Chi-chi face off against Goku

And I'll take your word on the Spine mural....after all you own the DVD sets not me :lol  :D 

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I would, but I really don't want to support anyone who forces an aspect ratio change. That's as bad as fullscreen DVDs.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have season 1, will have to get 2 after next payday. I'm glad they're releasing them in sets like this now, it's much cheaper than buying all the individual DVDs.

14. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I got season 1 when it was released and picked up season 2 tonight after work. When I got up this morning BestBuy.com had it listed for $7.99 but had sold out before I could order it. I'm looking forward to the season 3 set. Freeza was always my favorite out the Z series. Devz, I would also love some remastered DB sets.

15. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They should've started with DragonBall and worked their way up through the whole series imo.

16. DevilzFan

I would have preferred that as well, but they're in this to make money. That means doing the big seller first.