New Darkwing / Dreadwing toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 8, 2011.

?

What would you prefer?

1. New heads and paint jobs on the Masterpiece Seeker.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. An all new mold for both.

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. I'd like all new molds, but it won't happen. I'll take the MP repaints.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Meh, I'm happy with the Jetfire / Silverbolt repaints.

27 vote(s)
    36.5%
  5. One new mold with subtle transformation differences, but two can combine in jet mode.

16 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I love these guys and think they need a bit of extra love, plus there is always the potential for Buster and Hydra repaint. What would you prefer if we were to have the option?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm quite content with the TRU and Botcon exclusives, but they're my favorite non-Seeker Decepticon jets and my favorite Powermasters by a wide margin. I'll take whatever versions of Darkwing and Dreadwind are made, new mold, Darkwings reissue, whatever.

Never considered MP Starscream repaints. Eh, not super jazzed for that. Don't really like that mold.

3. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Just curious, who is the girl in your sig?

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I'm happy with the repaints we got, but I had been thinking these 2 guys might be mildly likely for Generations updates. Given Hasbro's avoidance of non-vehicle alt modes, multi-changers, and combiners, the options for Decepticons is slim pickings. I could see them making 2 new deluxe molds and sneak-in an alt-mode combination, but probably not Powermasters.

However I don't think Hasbro would view Buster & Hydra repaints as second uses of the molds. They're 90% the same, just swap the teal for red. But I'm sure Japan would use those colors as the main release. A second Hasbro use might be more likely to be G2 or RID Dreadwing colors as a store exclusive 2-pack or also include alternate heads in the mold to repaint them as a couple Aerialbots...Fireflight & Skydive...?

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    There would certainly be scope for use on these molds if they made them.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy with the current versions, although I'd like to see a slightly-tweaked mass-retail (or even store exclusive) release of GoD Dreadwind, similar to what was done with Thrust, Dirge and Thundercracker.

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Happy with the current ones, just wish there was a way to get a large scale release of the GOD Dreadwind.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I thought we got a renderform head, too

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm good with what options we currently have.

10. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    They are a great set, and I'd love to see new molds for these realtivly obscure characters, however I see a 3rd party company tackling this sooner than Hasbro.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Karen Gillian, she plays the companion on the new Doctor Who.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm quite happy with the existing figures, but I'd love Buster and Hydra repaints.

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Personally, I totally want two new molds with God/Powermasters.

Although, I would be happy with two toys with the same base mold, but able to transform slightly differently and have some differently molded parts. If it was like Inferno and Grappel, I'd be game.

I don't really get the MP seeker repaint idea, neither of them really fit the body that well. I'm sure the colors would look nice on the mold, but it's not for me.

14. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Design wise, both figures of them were a good representation of their G1 form. Yes, I do wish they were on the same scale heightwise.

I think really, the biggest thing would being able to have the two jets combine. As a kid, I thought that was THE coolest thing, and I think is one of the best gimmicks that they came out with in the entire G1 line, especially since it was pulled off so well.

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

New molds would be great but retools of the MP seeker mold is a big no.

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Hasbro should leave at least one boxset item from 2007 sacred. And the figures are not mainstream enough to need a new mold with a combining gimmick. Especially when the existing one already has a fan-mode one.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I agree 100%, to the letter, with everything Foster just wrote.

Love the Jetfire/Silverbolt repaints... would still buy any new versions of the characters, who are also my favorite non-Seeker 'Con jets/powermasters... wouldn't really want to see them as MP Starscream repaints. Yup, check, all of that.

I do like your idea of two tweaked versions of the same mold (à la Sunstreaker/Sideswipe or Tracks/Wheeljack) that are designed to combine with each other. That would be a good way to handle these guys. And it could even give you the bonus feature of having two different combined super-jet modes, if each jet were able to act as either the front or the back. From a fiction standpoint, you could give different qualities to the two different super-jet configurations... maybe one is a fighter while the other is a bomber, or something, and they could swap depending on the situation.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm happy with what we got so far, but if they make new molds, i'd buy them in a heartbeat as well, especially with powermasters

19. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    That's what Bugbyte is for! :tongue: 

I own the set and don't think Hasbro should make a Dreadwind repaint of Cl.Jetfire for retail, but a new mold is fine.

Not mainstream enough? Like Darkmount, Thunderwing, Black Shadow, Junkheap? Look at the roster of vehicular, non-triplechanging, non-gestalt, realistic alt mode G1 Decepticons that haven't been done. These guys aren't too far from the top of that list.

Fan-mode is a fan-mode :thumbdown 

I wasn't feeling the idea of a dual purpose mold(might be too complex), until this idea... the idea sorta makes it more complex, but it'd probably mean you'd have to go with an Aerialbot style transformation with a mini-jet backpack in order to connect either jet end-to-end so that would actually simplify. And make re-uses as Aerialbots even more 'built in'.

20. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Ahh. Thanks. She is cute but I haven't seen the new Dr Who. Sorry to derail the thread a bit.

Back on topic. Are you guys all talking about the Universe Darkwing/Darkwind or something else?